Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leaving endless fissure after first relic

(PSN)adrian80

I generally have a few reasons for leaving after one or two rotations:

• The party is so spread out it makes getting reactant annoying.  I'll generally leave after one round in survival if that's the case
  • The party simply isn't equipped to handle the mission.  This can be a problem with the requiem relics when the rest of the party is super squishy and have no damage or buff abilities.  At that point what's the point of sticking around when the mission will be extra annoying having to constantly pick people up and them not being able to help kill anything.
  • If its a defense I generally go by how long the first 5 waves took.  If they took a very long time then I'm likely going to bail as the waves are just going to get longer.  In those cases it is much faster to do one, maybe two rotations and then bail and start over than doing 3 or 4 rotations in a single mission.
  • There is a nuker killing the enemies before they become corrupted meaning no reactant drops
  • There is a CC frame that is borderline trolling and slowing the mission way down due to how they are using their CC
  • Another faster fissure pops up.  Too many times do I start an endless fissure because those are the only ones available ATM
  • It looks like someone else is going to bail.
  • Like 1

On 2020-02-18 at 1:19 PM, vegetosayajin said:

If by my post you are under the impression I leave all the time,

Oh, absolutely not, I was actually agreeing with you on most points.

The point I was making is that somebody shouldn't just expect people to stick around forever just because the mission is type 'endless'; we've all got different reasons for joining the mission, but relic missions are generally because people want to open relics and/or get void traces, right?

So depending on how many relics you have to open, how many traces you need to collect or which particular parts you are farming for, that's going to impact how long you want to stick around. As long as I've got relics to open, I'll generally stick with it until others start quitting or I run out/cap my traces limit.

Somebody can't expect people just to stay around if there's no need for them to do it and if you haven't previously agreed to do it.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)TwinStripeUK said:

but relic missions are generally because people want to open relics and/or get void traces, right?

Actually I have a bit of a different reason and I suspect I'm not the only one.
I finished farming all the prime frames and weapons months ago, but I noticed something - fissures are the only missions that offer constant flow of people AND possible good rewards for it. I want to have fun and slash some things but also get the possibility of a good reward for it and have people to play with.
The only other place I like is mot but there people usually stay no more than 10-20 min. and I want to play with people, not solo all the things.
That's my reason tbh.

• Like 1

On 2020-02-17 at 2:59 PM, (PS4)adrian80 said:

I’ve been noticing a trend lately, that pub squads tend to leave endless fissures after cracking the first relic.

The latest ones were reasonable 10-20 mastery rank, so they weren’t noobs either. And the mission was a breeze (go figure), no trolls, afk or anything.

Maybe it’s me, but I just can’t see the point. Just unlucky I guess, right?

Cuz most of time people running relics are aiming for something specific? Fissures are neither fun nor rewarding. I usually run them only to get forma or specific gear. Especially if I am going for piece of gear and I got it, why would I stay? There is no objective reasons to stay in endless fissure mission.

I've noticed on ps4 that the fissure drop is abysmal at times..so much so that I've seen in the second wave result in players not even getting five or above to even crack the relic...After awhile of this... because this was not a rare occurrence at all...players would just stick around till the second one depending on how the fissures dropped on the last wave and if someone is actually putting up relics worth farming...

It's been seven years of the same thing I can see why players are like I'm outta here...I mean I'm just happy when a Nox shows up..because at least he's interesting in an endless mission to a point...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

On 2020-02-19 at 9:09 AM, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Same with people doing only 5 waves on hydron, without even scratching the lvl 30 mark on their equipment.

Stuff we'll never know..

^^ Happens so annoying often when you want to rank up stuff. Main reason why i go for SO/ESO for ranking up unless i’m ranking up a Archgun.

• Like 1

Just also want to point out that something can occur in RL at the time. 
So as fun as it makes sometimes to have that flow of endless missions, emergencies happen. 
So not anyone who does annoy you perhabs does do it on purpose or selfish behavior. 
Please keep that in mind. ♥ 

Plus: people need to learn and grow. They cant look into your head or may not have much experience as you. Sometimes i just left because I thought as a newbie i was slowing the team down and i felt bad that I coudnt contribute to much. 

Edited by Pyr0n14c