Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leave Ember's Current Overheat As Is But Make It Stronger.

Enomilli

These other Ember players that want her to go back to 90% damage over heat just want an excuse to play Rambo style and not pick Rhino since Ember's old Overheat was the closest thing to Iron Skin.

Let's not turn Ember back into a Rhino-Wannabe and just spam 2 when things get tough.

The way it is now, surviving takes a degree of skill since Ember lacks utility and that is what I enjoy, a Frame that is not just some "OMFG I'M DYING QUICK I MUST PRESS 2 OR 4 FOR MY 'I WIN' BUTTON".

That's not fun and that's not clever, if Ember players want a tank, go pick Rhino or hope that the new female-non caster Warframe can fill that niche.

Ember is a frame meant to deal insane amounts of damage and making her reduce 90% damage again completely ruins her original purpose.

Learn how to play the game and stop trying to be Superman and mess up something like a damage frame like Ember.

Either play Rhino or move on, not everyone wants to play an "Easy Mode" steamroll of a class.

I like the fact that I need to use a brain when playing as Ember instead of spamming an I win button like Novas and Rhinos do.

Let Ember retain her niche as a damage frame that you need to play smart to use.

Edited by Ystella

So what changes do you want to make then?

350 damage cap(before Focus. But will still be affected by Focus) to those that get close; that means 700 damage for all infested that touch Ember.

Since the skill has armor ignore it will scale well into the future and still allow Ember to keep the infested off of her.

Give it a 1 meter radius so that way Ancients will enter panic mode before they reach you.

I'm sick of Ancients knocking me down when I have Overheat on; it's suppose to protect me not let Ancients beat me silly and Drain me.

Edited by Ystella

350 damage cap to those that get close; that means 700 damage for all infested that touch Ember.

Since the skill has armor ignore it will scale well into the future and still allow Ember to keep the infested off of her.

Give it a 1 meter radius so that way Ancients will enter panic mode before they reach you.

I'm sick of Ancients knocking me down when I have Overheat on; it's suppose to protect me not let Ancients beat me silly and Drain me.

Ancients can still run mid-panic animation, and it looks ridiculous.

Ancients can still run mid-panic animation, and it looks ridiculous.

I'd rather them run in panic animation and still get hurt and be unable to attack  than to hit me before they ever have a chance be panicked and disrupt me.

Edited by Ystella

You do Know 1 meter range isnt very large.

Her whole move set needs to be changed.

1 meter is all that is needed so that way an Ancient can enter a panic state before it hits you.

If you think otherwise suggest a suitable radius for Overheat to stop Ancients from kicking an Ember's butt when she has Overheat active.

1 meter is all that is needed so that way an Ancient can enter a panic state before it hits you.

If you think otherwise suggest a suitable radius for Overheat to stop Ancients from kicking an Ember's butt when she has Overheat active.

2 metres?

(If you're wondering about the spelling, Canadian)

2 metres?

(If you're wondering about the spelling, Canadian)

I'd say 3 meters, because keep in mind Ancients melee attacks are considered ranged,

And have the active of Fire Blast make a Firey shockwave pushing enemies back.

Both of those ideas are really wonderful.

3 meter radius with a knockdown on cast with Fire Blast to help keep the bad guys off of Ember as it should be.

Fire Blast needs to do damage on the inside as well as the ring.

I'm a bit worried for Ember, one of my friends who is in Design Council was going to suggest getting rid of Fireball for a melee damage buff skill.

That's completely stupid.

DE whatever you do, keep Overheat as Ember's answer to close range problems and leave everything as casting skills.

Edited by Ystella

Both of those ideas are really wonderful.

3 meter radius with a knockdown on cast with Fire Blast to help keep the bad guys off of Ember as it should be.

Fire Blast needs to do damage on the inside as well as the ring.

I'm a bit worried for Ember, one of my friends who is in Design Council was going to suggest getting rid of Fireball for a melee damage buff skill.

That's completely stupid.

DE whatever you do, keep Overheat as Ember's answer to close range problems and leave everything as casting skills.

What about a knockdown on Fire Blast?

Or a guaranteed panic to everybody who touches the wall?

Edited by MageMeat

What about a knockdown on Fire Blast?

Or a guaranteed panic to everybody who touches the wall?

If we add a guaranteed panic 

and damage inside of the ring Fire Blast would not need it.

Why push enemies outside of the CC area when we can make it be a true circle AoE instead of a ring.

This would give Ember time to go melee mode and activate Overheat, doing insane close quarters damage like an Ember would want to.

If we add a guaranteed panic and damage inside of the ring Fire Blast would not need it.

Why push enemies outside of the CC area when we can make it be a true circle AoE instead of a ring.

This would give Ember time to go melee mode and activate Overheat, doing insane close quarters damage like an Ember would want to.

True. That would work better.

Also, if any of these changes go in, my body my Ember is ready.

True. That would work better.

Also, if any of these changes go in, my body my Ember is ready.

Likewise, I want Ember to be the best that she can be since I main Ember.

I even take her into T3 Voids, against Corpus you name it.

I'm just a die-hard Ember player and I pray to God that DE will do her justice.

350 damage cap to those that get close; that means 700 damage for all infested that touch Ember.

is this include Focus? ... i think it's too less damage....

when i use ember in high level heavy grineer...or corpus (90-120)

ember need to improve because now... some of our alerts get high level mob in there higher than T3 (Forget about T3 defense)

or you could say "her skill" can be lot of damage in T3 Defense? (I don't think so)

As a player who use 6 formas in ember before auras come....... if you decrease damage reduce in overheat... so you need to improve damage in skill too...

is this include Focus? ... i think it's too less damage....

when i use ember in high level heavy grineer...or corpus (90-120)

ember need to improve because now... some of our alerts get high level mob in there higher than T3 (Forget about T3 defense)

or you could say "her skill" can be lot of damage in T3 Defense? (I don't think so)

As a player who use 6 formas in ember before auras come....... if you decrease damage reduce in overheat... so you need to improve damage in skill too...

It is meant to go along side with melee. If you get close enough to use Overheat you are either going to be going crazy with melee strikes or shooting them down.

Overheat should not make melee useless for Ember. Overheat also ignores armor so its damage will never scale.

Also it would be 350 damage without Focus so with focus you could make it even stronger.

The reason why a vast majority of ember players picked her was because she was a tank. You're basically saying, "I like the way ember is now and everyone else is playing her wrong because they don't agree with me." I agree that a 91% damage reduction was absurd but overheat is definitely not fine the way it is now.

Let Ember retain her niche as a damage frame that you need to play smart to use.

Uh, what? Ember doesn't function as a damage frame currently (at least not a very good one) nor is she at all difficult to play.

Edited by merryfistmas

The reason why a vast majority of ember players picked her was because she was a tank. You're basically saying, "I like the way ember is now and everyone else is playing her wrong because they don't agree with me." I agree that a 91% damage reduction was absurd but overheat is definitely not fine the way it is now.

Did Steve not already say making her a tank was not intended?

She was never meant to be a tank, much like how Saryn's old Contagion was not meant to make her invincible.

Ember is a high damage Warframe, not a tank. A high damage Warframe is how she will remain.

Did you also forget to read that I said IT NEEDS TO BE STRONGER?

Allow me to place these words in caps since you are not reading them.

OVERHEAT IS FINE AS A DAMAGING CQ SKILL BUT STILL NEEDS TO BE STRONGER.

Edited by Ystella

Uh, what? Ember doesn't function as a damage frame currently (at least not a very good one) nor is she at all difficult to play.

Nova is the only damage frame that qualifies as one due to her scaling.

Ember is meant to be a high damage Warframe, does she qualify? No. Neither does Volt.

This does not change the ROLE SHE WAS MEANT TO PLAY.

Understand what Ember was meant to be before making an argument that really wont work.

You cannot run out into the middle of a crowd, use 4 and win.

Like I've said, Ember takes a degree of skill, no one ever said she was difficult to play.

Edited by Ystella

Ember requires almost no skill to play (not like that's different from any other frame though).

Relatively she takes skill, she does not have an "I win" button and that's what is fun.

The game is easy and everyone knows that.

Then again the game is focused on guns and nothing else.

Making her reduce 91% damage again would make Ember even more boring  and contradicting than before.

You cannot run into a crowd, press 4 and have everything drop as opposed to Saryn, Rhino, or Nova.

Case and point, she needs more brains to use than spamming 4.

If you say Overheat with melee ;therefore, need to stunning all mobs too ... because mob can also kill you by using long range gun or napalm strike.

ember use dagger/long sword type (slashing many time) mean take a lot of time to kill

ember use heavy weapon (charging time)

and also "wide range"

by the way , this is another comment for DE

you put rhino as tank not ember

you put skill supporter for weapon/all damage skill as Nova(Ultimate skill) not ember

you put defense caster as frost

you put attack caster as volt and mag and lot of frames

where is Ember? and please debug ultimate skill too not just only 1 kill mob per second.....

Here's what i think on Ember's abilities

First a little note: I think ALL Warframe abilities that deal damage needs to ignore armor AND that they also have (even if just a little) some form of utility on them so they are useful even on higher levels where the damage might feel lackluster.

- Fireball -

To make it more significant, you pretty much have to have it merged with Fire Blast (!)
* Now castable while moving, without stopping your movement (no brief "halt"). Maybe castable without interrupting your reload?
* Initial damage is 150/250/350/500 fire damage and has a decently big explosion radius (4 or 5 meter radius or so?), which also knocks down all enemies caught in the explosion.

* After the Fireball explodes, it leaves an area of lingering flames behind (which would look kind of similar to old Fire Blast's animation). Any enemy that stays inside this area of effect suffers some damage over time (Like, 10/20/30/40 damage per second). These lingering flames lasts for about 10 seconds or so. Has the same area radius as the initial explosion
* The fireball projectile should also have a much faster travelling speed.
* The fireball itself could also look neater (looks more like a huge flameburst than an actual ball of fire)
Focus - Increased damage of both impact and lingering flames (New for lingering flames!)
Stretch - Increased AoE radius (both initial exposion and lingering flames) (New!)
Continuity - Increased duration for the lingering flames (New!)

- Overheat -
Just some small additions to this one:

* It should also give Ember's melee and ranged weaponry some bonus fire damage (Like minimum 10/15/20/25% bonus fire damage)

* Maybe increase the damaging fire aura's range a bit?
Focus - Increased damage reduction, DoT damage, and weapon fire-bonus (New for weapon bonus!)
Stretch - Increased AoE radius (New?)
Continuity - Increased buff duration (Same as now)

- Fire Blast - (Complete revamp)
Embers skills are more about being mobile, so the current version of Fire Blast seems very out of place. However, as Fire Blast DOES have some uses (like on Defense missions etc), it was pretty much merged with Fireball (so you pretty much got yourself a RANGED Fire Blast instead!)

So, Fire Blast gets a complete revamp. What does it do? For now I've just come up with something simple:

* Upon casting, Ember quickly generates lots of fire in her hands and unleashes it rapidly in a powerful explosion, centered around Ember herself.

* This causes all enemies caught in the explosion to not only suffer high instant firedamage (Like, 200/375/550/750 damage), but it also ragdolls all those enemies away from Ember! Simple, but i think that would be a fun emergencybutton!

Focus - Increased explosion damage (New!)
Stretch - Increased explosion radius (New!)
Continuity - ??? (Reduced casting time? Stronger ragdolling effect?) (New?)

- World on Fire -
This skill is very powerful, and i guess many people like it as it is right now. The only things that COULD be changed if it's in need of any change would be:
* Make it instant cast (or at least faster cast) and the first time an enemy is hurt by the flames it should be a guaranteed "panic" effect on them (Maybe not on bosses though?), regardless of the enemy faction.
* Maybe increase Ember's movement speed by a decent amount (25%?) during this effect?
* If this ultimate is considered too strong/weak as it is right now, maybe dump the 3-target limit and make it unlimited amount of targets affected, but reduce the damage dealt per second so it is more balanced in comparison to other ultimates. That would make it work, but i still feel it is kinda boring... Meh.
Focus - Increased damage (Same as now)
Stretch - Increased AoE radius (Same as now)
Continuity - Increased duration (Same as now)

Meh

Here's what i think on Ember's abilities

First a little note: I think ALL Warframe abilities that deal damage needs to ignore armor AND that they also have (even if just a little) some form of utility on them so they are useful even on higher levels where the damage might feel lackluster.

- Fireball -

To make it more significant, you pretty much have to have it merged with Fire Blast (!)

* Now castable while moving, without stopping your movement (no brief "halt"). Maybe castable without interrupting your reload?

* Initial damage is 150/250/350/500 fire damage and has a decently big explosion radius (4 or 5 meter radius or so?), which also knocks down all enemies caught in the explosion.

* After the Fireball explodes, it leaves an area of lingering flames behind (which would look kind of similar to old Fire Blast's animation). Any enemy that stays inside this area of effect suffers some damage over time (Like, 10/20/30/40 damage per second). These lingering flames lasts for about 10 seconds or so. Has the same area radius as the initial explosion

* The fireball projectile should also have a much faster travelling speed.

* The fireball itself could also look neater (looks more like a huge flameburst than an actual ball of fire)

Focus - Increased damage of both impact and lingering flames (New for lingering flames!)

Stretch - Increased AoE radius (both initial exposion and lingering flames) (New!)

Continuity - Increased duration for the lingering flames (New!)

- Overheat -

Just some small additions to this one:

* It should also give Ember's melee and ranged weaponry some bonus fire damage (Like minimum 10/15/20/25% bonus fire damage)

* Maybe increase the damaging fire aura's range a bit?

Focus - Increased damage reduction, DoT damage, and weapon fire-bonus (New for weapon bonus!)

Stretch - Increased AoE radius (New?)

Continuity - Increased buff duration (Same as now)

- Fire Blast - (Complete revamp)

Embers skills are more about being mobile, so the current version of Fire Blast seems very out of place. However, as Fire Blast DOES have some uses (like on Defense missions etc), it was pretty much merged with Fireball (so you pretty much got yourself a RANGED Fire Blast instead!)

So, Fire Blast gets a complete revamp. What does it do? For now I've just come up with something simple:

* Upon casting, Ember quickly generates lots of fire in her hands and unleashes it rapidly in a powerful explosion, centered around Ember herself.

* This causes all enemies caught in the explosion to not only suffer high instant firedamage (Like, 200/375/550/750 damage), but it also ragdolls all those enemies away from Ember! Simple, but i think that would be a fun emergencybutton!

Focus - Increased explosion damage (New!)

Stretch - Increased explosion radius (New!)

Continuity - ??? (Reduced casting time? Stronger ragdolling effect?) (New?)

- World on Fire -

This skill is very powerful, and i guess many people like it as it is right now. The only things that COULD be changed if it's in need of any change would be:

* Make it instant cast (or at least faster cast) and the first time an enemy is hurt by the flames it should be a guaranteed "panic" effect on them (Maybe not on bosses though?), regardless of the enemy faction.

* Maybe increase Ember's movement speed by a decent amount (25%?) during this effect?

* If this ultimate is considered too strong/weak as it is right now, maybe dump the 3-target limit and make it unlimited amount of targets affected, but reduce the damage dealt per second so it is more balanced in comparison to other ultimates. That would make it work, but i still feel it is kinda boring... Meh.

Focus - Increased damage (Same as now)

Stretch - Increased AoE radius (Same as now)

Continuity - Increased duration (Same as now)

Meh

Fire Blast should stay immobile.

Making it move with Ember would confine her to a defense cryopod and make her worse than Frost.