Jump to content
(PS4)Vodka_Vision_

Please stop using Harrow for Eidolons

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, MPonder said:

-snip-

You are real funny, this must be a joke but if it's not then you really don't have a clue in the world on what you are talking about, just check those laugh emotes on your post

Edited by (XB1)Skiller115

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Please stop using Chroma Prime, I can't oneshot the Sentient using my Excalibur Umbra! Please don't troll us by killing it tooooo fast!

Nub git gud get Chroma.

This message is brought to you by The Chroma Main Gang.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And this is why I stopped bothering with Eidolons.

Broken system, broken community.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jokie155 said:

And this is why I stopped bothering with Eidolons.

Broken system, broken community.

Same. I just 2-man it with whichever friend of mine wants to run it. Only get the one tridolon, maybe sometimes 2, but I'm a simple tenno, one is all I need

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

you must not be very familiar with Smite Infusion Augment then, that's another 100% rad damage on top of all your other buffs. I've taken Oberon to nearly all Eidolon hunts and I prefer her over trinity or Harrow any day of the week. one-shotting limbs? check. lures immune to nearly all damage? check. squad doesn't go down and has immunity to magnetic proc while still benefitting from Rage/Hunter Adrenaline? check.

Oberon being better than harrow in a lot of circumstances? checkmate.

 

 

Smite Infusion scales with power strength so it should be higher than 100%. Also, you are talking about public groups/solo; in organized groups Oberon is redundant as other frames specialize far, far better.

Oberon offers one of the most flexible kits when it comes to Eidolons, so stop being so rigid in how you play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Oberon offers one of the most flexible kits when it comes to Eidolons

This is exactly my point. He can heal, he can make the group status immune, he can buff your radiation damage... what's not to love?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ResidentOrb21 said:

Is the original post a joke. Whats so bad about using a harrow's 4 to get 200% crit chance xd

It's that every Oberon needs to use rage to keep their energy up to keep their renewal up. Kind of a vicious cycle, they can only keep you alive if they routinely put themselves on the brink of death. Obviously, hard to do that if you're literally invulnerable because of harrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate Harrows in my party too because of Oberon. Know how I avoid that? I recruit a party.

 I can’t dictate how others play in any mission. Harrow is just as good, but just because I don’t like them doesn’t mean I get to tell someone “hey don’t play this frame.”

 Just recruit if you don’t want a harrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

It's that every Oberon needs to use rage to keep their energy up to keep their renewal up. Kind of a vicious cycle, they can only keep you alive if they routinely put themselves on the brink of death. Obviously, hard to do that if you're literally invulnerable because of harrow

Yeah but some harrows like me I only use my 4 when we break  limb other then that I dont use the 4 unless I need to. So oberon still has time to use his rage between all of the time until  a limb breaks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ResidentOrb21 said:

Yeah but some harrows like me I only use my 4 when we break  limb other then that I dont use the 4 unless I need to. So oberon still has time to use his rage between all of the time until  a limb breaks

 

I imagine op is referring to the other harrows that don't. Personally, as someone who's eidolon hunting has almost entirely consisted of 2-manning it, I've never had an issue with harrow because we've never had a harrow in the squad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

Yeah, man. solving one specific issue that's remedied by other frames, better, is totally worth the hampering all the frames who get buffs by taking damage. 

other than Garuda I can't think of any frame that gets buffs from taking damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

other than Garuda I can't think of any frame that gets buffs from taking damage.

Rage and hunter adrenaline. One of the few ways to restore energy while using channelled abilities

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Rage and hunter adrenaline.

those are mods, not warframes. if you rely on those in Eidolon and would want to gimp the entire process just because you are too cheap to drop a pizza... man... you are just butthurt that nobody thinks your dumb strategy is worth their time. get over it. even if you play Oberon in Eidolon you do not need Rage and if you do, you modded wrong and bad and should feel bad

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

those are mods, not warframes. if you rely on those in Eidolon and would want to gimp the entire process just because you are too cheap to drop a pizza... man... you are just butthurt that nobody thinks your dumb strategy is worth their time. get over it. even if you play Oberon in Eidolon you do not need Rage and if you do, you modded wrong and bad and should feel bad

:clap:

Get rid of that mod from your build, really. Unless you already have enough Str, Duration and Efficiency, but you don't nor should depend on this mod for Eidolon Hunt. Before even leaving the altar where you put shards, you already get your energy maxxed out if it is not already, use the ground skill, bless skills, get your lures and teamates already buffed and jump for eidolon (with operator dash and not archwing).

In efficient eidolon hunt, you hardly, hardly stay inside your Warframe, you are always stacking madurai. And even if you take dmg on Warframe if they have any type of toggle ability even if you are in operator mod, it is not enough, and if your ability is toggled, you are wasting energy anyway (so kind don't make senses to use Rage if you are using Oberon instead of Harrow). because you are wasting energy to maybe gain energy. As Trinity, Rage is more efficient because you want your ability toggled on, but still, not good enough in EFFICIENT EIDOLON HUNT, not on that xit pubs that most of you guys do.

Edited by MPonder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

those are mods, not warframes. if you rely on those in Eidolon and would want to gimp the entire process just because you are too cheap to drop a pizza... man... you are just butthurt that nobody thinks your dumb strategy is worth their time. get over it. even if you play Oberon in Eidolon you do not need Rage and if you do, you modded wrong and bad and should feel bad

It's not like there's a shortage of damage in eidolon hunts, and adrenaline is much faster than pizzas anyway. Besides, if your regular build works fine for eidolons, why bother changing it to suit some random peeps ranting on the forums?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

other than Garuda I can't think of any frame that gets buffs from taking damage.

... Chroma. Literally the best damage buffing frame. Activate vex, tank damage, ????, profit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (XB1)WolfKingLeo said:

How does he even troll? Hes just trying to give and protect you from magnetic waves that takes energy on contact

Harrows can cast his 4 when the Players are shooting at the Eidolon's Synovia so Frames like a Rage Oberon/ DPS Chroma would get screwed over.

DPS Chromas is Harrow's biggest enemy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GPrime96 said:

Harrows can cast his 4 when the Players are shooting at the Eidolon's Synovia so Frames like a Rage Oberon/ DPS Chroma would get screwed over.

DPS Chromas is Harrow's biggest enemy.

alright just wanted an answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Oberon being better than harrow in a lot of circumstances? checkmate.

Harrow is way more hawt tho'.

Check and Primed Checkmate Prime, mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

Without receiving damage, neither frame can do their job well.

Those two working together is faster and better than harrow spamming his invulnerability. Throw in a trinity, and all 4 players can stand on Hallowed ground and tank the blast without issue. Throw in a smite infusion, and anyone with even a basic build can one shot a limb.

as i said, there are many incoming attacks to take Damage from, you don't need specifically that one attack.
plus self Damage is always an option, keyword is option, it's one method.

it's not really that difficult to oneshot Eidolons with a Damage Buff Ability of your choice. whichever you like. almost all of the ones that you can use for Eidolon Hunting let you oneshot Health Phases as is, it doesn't matter if theoretically one Damage Buff is marginally better than another. stacking Damage Buffs is where you get the big Damage increases, if you want more.

 

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

you must not be very familiar with Smite Infusion Augment then, that's another 100% rad damage on top of all your other buffs. I've taken Oberon to nearly all Eidolon hunts and I prefer her over trinity or Harrow any day of the week. one-shotting limbs? check. lures immune to nearly all damage? check. squad doesn't go down and has immunity to magnetic proc while still benefitting from Rage/Hunter Adrenaline? check.

Oberon does offer a low barrier for bypassing Magnetic Status, and a decent Damage Buff, but Oberon fills a jack of all trades sort of role, there.
even at 2x Strength, adding 200% Radiation onto your already 180% (or more if you had a Riven but i'm going to not include that) is about double Damage. decent, but not breaking any records to say the least. several other Warframes can offer double or more Damage.

and unfortunately, Oberon is insufficient for Healing Lures. even if you had triple Strength, 120/sec, Lures have 18,000 Health, 1/4 of which is Shields. at 300% Strength, it would take Oberon just shy of two full Minutes to Heal a Lure from the brink of Death back to full Health.
without any extra DR applied to them, Lures can be Killed in a few seconds of Damage in the worst case, or in 30-ish seconds in an unfortunate case.
what makes Renewal decent enough for Eidolon Hunting is having competent Players that stunlock the Eidolon so that it almost never attacks in the first place. but then, you don't need any Healing, since nothing takes any Damage.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Learn to math before you speak nonsense bro!

hold up, that's not the calculation that you want to make. you're comparing Relative Bonuses.
if we assume Harrow adds a crit Tier, and Oberon adds 300% Radiation, then you're looking at:

(9.3 + 8.3) / 9.3 == 1.8924x
(180 + 300) / 180 == 2.6666x

2.6666 / 1.8924 == 1.4091x

it's better, but you want to make the correct comparison, that only compares the exact variables you're working with.
usually Players don't need extra buffs for the Limbs though (in a good Squad), but just for the final Health Phase since there's a lot more Health there. and then it's adding 2 Crit Tiers in that scenario. which then, is 2.7849x - which i realistically call the same as Smite Infusion at 300% Strength.

 

also Puncture is a perfectly acceptable Damage Type vs Eidolons. it's not amazing vs either Health Type, but Physical Damage Types never are.

 

4 hours ago, MPonder said:

For lanka to oneshot it actually has to hit, and that is where the problem lies, but I'm not gonna tell what it is. And this bug didn't exist since even, it started with PoE visual rework.

that issue is indeed unfortunate, especially since Lanka is one of my favorite Weapons in the game ever since U8. but, alas.
but most days i don't really feel like competing against Loading Screens, since that's the barrier that we end up against anyways, heh. not all that interesting of a barrier to have, i'm sure you'd agree.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

Or at least when you see an Oberon trying to tank the Sentient blast to their face, just let them instead of trolling them with invincibility.

 

 

Just walk on the eidolon's blood and let him step on you a few times when not in invincible mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, taiiat said:

hold up, that's not the calculation that you want to make. you're comparing Relative Bonuses.

if we assume Harrow adds a crit Tier, and Oberon adds 300% Radiation, then you're looking at:

(9.3 + 8.3) / 9.3 == 1.8924x
(180 + 300) / 180 == 2.6666x

2.6666 / 1.8924 == 1.4091x

it's better, but you want to make the correct comparison, that only compares the exact variables you're working with.
usually Players don't need extra buffs for the Limbs though (in a good Squad), but just for the final Health Phase since there's a lot more Health there. and then it's adding 2 Crit Tiers in that scenario. which then, is 2.7849x - which i realistically call the same as Smite Infusion at 300% Strength.

 

also Puncture is a perfectly acceptable Damage Type vs Eidolons. it's not amazing vs either Health Type, but Physical Damage Types never are.

You're right, I assumed that Smite Infusion worked just like Toxic Lash except without the status effects. Yet even then it barely helps Harrow's case, he still will be doing significantly less damage and still has to wait till the final phase to get some actual use. (which a chosen damage dealer usually already has handled)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...