Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The process of gilding kitguns is is horribly, objectively flawed.

(PSN)Ashmane84

Time gated grind is DEs formula for open worlds and they will keep using that formula until players stop playing it which im sure is never. WF is like the best free to play mobile app game ever invented lol (thats comedy for those sweaty white knights out there). Had to point that last sentence out before the alarms get tripped.

Edited by (PS4)STR8L8CED

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

Max rank Frost with reactor and exilus installed. Health regen aura. Maxed out Tek, Augar, and Hunter mods, complete sets. Vaska Kavat pet, max rank, near immortal with max Pack Leader. Max rank Gaze kitgun, ungilded, with added cold damage to deal with shields. Max rank boltor rifle, max rank scythe zaw with Reaping Spiral stance.

All of this means less than you think. 

Show your builds. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Show your builds. 

That, too. One tenno's builds are often wildly different to another's, so even though they might be bringing the same gear, one may be suffering because of their build while another might be breezing through the same situation with the same gear, just different builds

I'm sorry, but what I'm seeing right now is a Beginner player feeling entitled to end game gears that can shred almost everything in the game. Dude, the grind for bonds is pretty easy, but you are simply not at the level yet to get everything done properly. Second, show your build, cause it really just sounds like crap.

• Like 6

There is definitely some thing amiss with the RNG on any of those bonds in Fortuna. All are listed as common in the drop table yet actually drops rates seem to be closer to rare. I was trying to help someone just last night and we scored one bond drop out of 12+ runs 😞

44 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

And then I realize they are just preventing me from leveling up my mastery rank. I can't get rid of them because I've put too much into them. But I can't get other weapons to use because I don't have enough inventory slots.

Stop. 

Go do some fissure missions. Open as many relics as you can. Take the best parts you can get (gold>silver>bronze) but your objective "any parts at all". 

Then go to trade chat and message "WTS prime junk 6 for 8 plat" let them invite you to their dojo, unless you have a trading post, if you do, you can invite them. Try to trade only the 15 ducat pieces for that price. The higher value ones might be something you can sell for significantly more. 

Trade as many sets of 6 as you can, as often as you can. If you can do 4 sets a day you would have close to 100 plat in 3 days. Use warframe.market to sell th and gold parts you get for reasonable prices. 

Tah dah, you can now buy a crapload of slots. 

You'll also probably start getting more forma blueprints, and building those up, which is going to be a major benefit to you when you start building your own Prime weapons and warframes. 

Work smarter, not harder. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Show your builds. 

I don't have my current build fully listed out, nor do I want to because it is constantly changing. But I can show you "the goal." If this is something that needs to be rethought out...well I AM a relatively new player and contrary to the impression often left in the wake of my ranting I am not above accepting help and advice. I've put a lot of time, effort, and expense into this plan already, but better to scrap it now than once I'd stand to loose even more. I'd say as it stands I've got about...50-ish% of this. 

84085846_327425788152075_282223164308586

Please note the following; I HATE playing tank. healer, or pure DPS roles in games and greatly prefer control/status builds. For this reason I've carefully chosen a select number of warframes I give a crap about. Vauban (currently maxed), Frost (currently maxed), Hydroid (leveling), Ember (not yet acquired), and Oberon (leveling, going to sell, hate it). The goal of the build above was to establish an energy to shields to health to regen "unkillable" resource loop, while also being able to bypass as many resistances as possible in one loadout, and stack debilitating or damaging conditions on foes easily. I have a squad to do the "heavy lifting" when it comes to damage in group play, my goal was to just always be there stripping defenses and stacking conditions. A type of...offensive support, if you will. Plus CC...I love CC...

"We all float down here, Georgie...you'll float too..."

Edited by (PS4)Ashmane84

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

Then why it is it something you can do after ONE QUEST on the SECOND planet?

So you want it locked until you're ready to do it? I believe you will complain why it's not outright available when it's on the second planet

Yes, they're not for new players and you still have long way to go to sedna first, finishing all story quests before going into fortuna or plains of eidolon

Also, railjack

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

I have a squad to do the "heavy lifting" when it comes to damage in group play, my goal was to just always be there stripping defenses and stacking conditions. A type of...offensive support, if you will. Plus CC...I love CC...

Sounds like you'd like Nyx. Toss in an intensify for strength, add some basic durability mods (redirection, vitality) extra energy and efficiency (flow, streamline) power duration (continuity) and add her assimilate augment. Use her 2 to strip defences, 4 to survive when you're in trouble, 3 for CC and 1 on eximus enemies when you could use the buff. As for the weapons and companion build... I can't type too much, because I'm on mobile and it has a bad habit of gltiching out, but suffice to say that you may want to look at some different builds, or even consider some different weapons entirely

3 hours ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

I don't have my current build fully listed out, nor do I want to because it is constantly changing. But I can show you "the goal." If this is something that needs to be rethought out...well I AM a relatively new player and contrary to the impression often left in the wake of my ranting I am not above accepting help and advice. I've put a lot of time, effort, and expense into this plan already, but better to scrap it now than once I'd stand to loose even more. I'd say as it stands I've got about...50-ish% of this. 

84085846_327425788152075_282223164308586

Please note the following; I HATE playing tank. healer, or pure DPS roles in games and greatly prefer control/status builds. For this reason I've carefully chosen a select number of warframes I give a crap about. Vauban (currently maxed), Frost (currently maxed), Hydroid (leveling), Ember (not yet acquired), and Oberon (leveling, going to sell, hate it). The goal of the build above was to establish an energy to shields to health to regen "unkillable" resource loop, while also being able to bypass as many resistances as possible in one loadout, and stack debilitating or damaging conditions on foes easily. I have a squad to do the "heavy lifting" when it comes to damage in group play, my goal was to just always be there stripping defenses and stacking conditions. A type of...offensive support, if you will. Plus CC...I love CC...

"We all float down here, Georgie...you'll float too..."

You're going for gimmicks that don't really make you better. The whole "goal of the build above was to establish an energy to shields to health to regen "unkillable" resource loop" thing sounds good on paper but in practice is usually a waste of time. You need to look at the strengths of each warframe and support those with your build. 

And if you haven't tried a warframe, or weapon, writing it off is a terrible idea. Hell, you haven't really tried a warframe or weapon until you have put multiple forma into it and gotten a nice build. So getting them "maxed" is only the very first step in the process. You have to do that multiple times before they're even close to really shining, but that said it's mainly best to forma primed weapons and frames that you like, or need as you're likely to scrap the lesser versions soon. 

Worse, you're going to NEED to build a crapload of weapons and warframes to level up. You're going to need to level up to build mastery restricted weapons and warframes. So the sooner you start selling that prime junk and buying slots with the plat, the better. 

As for "stripping defenses and stacking conditions, " again, sounds fantastic until you realise that its far more useful in most cases if you just kill the enemies and be done with, instead of tickling them and hoping someone from the squad comes along to do the job. 

I strongly advise that you consider looking for item specific builds and trying to follow their lead while making adjustments based on what is available to you, and what you prefer. Learning to mod well takes time, and a degree of familiarity with the items, mods, enemies and effects you're looking for. Until you are at that point, you can bet that you will be making choices that aren't anywhere close to ideal. 

I strongly advise you to keep making efforts to clear the rest of the star chart, you'll be rewarded with new and better mods, more resources of various types, the junctions give xp to level, and you'll learn a lot more along the way. 

Good luck, Tenno. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

As for "stripping defenses and stacking conditions, " again, sounds fantastic until you realise that its far more useful in most cases if you just kill the enemies and be done with, instead of tickling them and hoping someone from the squad comes along to do the job.

The "meta" community of literally every online game I've ever played, ever, has said that. But it all comes from one specific mindset; speed. You value clearing content quickly, what you'd like to call "efficiently" over actually PLAYING the content. I could never get into that mindset. I'd much rather a mission take a few minutes longer and enjoy it, than finish it quickly and the whole thing feel like work. I have a job, I work most of my time, I refuse to turn a game into work. I like CC and conditions, speed of completion is not a factor. I'm not trying to gold-metal everything in the game, I don't give a crap about 100% completion, I don't PvP, and (as always) the "meta" can kiss my a**.

That said, I do thank you for the advice. But I know what I want and what I enjoy. All I want is a build that is viable and can complete content while still providing some joy in the experience. Top tier is not something I put much value on. Heck the only reason I'm building a kitgun at all is because I want a freeze ray. I know that even of the kitguns Gaze is considered the weakest, and I know magnetic damage is better than cold at shields. But Gaze does "work" and cold damage does get the job done better than some alternatives. It works, it can complete content, and it gives me some subjective joy. That's all I care about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

The "meta" community of literally every online game I've ever played, ever, has said that. But it all comes from one specific mindset; speed. You value clearing content quickly, what you'd like to call "efficiently" over actually PLAYING the content. I could never get into that mindset. I'd much rather a mission take a few minutes longer and enjoy it, than finish it quickly and the whole thing feel like work. I have a job, I work most of my time, I refuse to turn a game into work. I like CC and conditions, speed of completion is not a factor. I'm not trying to gold-metal everything in the game, I don't give a crap about 100% completion, I don't PvP, and (as always) the "meta" can kiss my a**.

Unfortunately, your "playing the content" has already, if not will be, become work and your "take a few minutes longer" will hamper your resource income. All your problems of things being too expensive and too hard enemies boils down to you being out of tune of the games power progression.

ojPH3fA.png?1

Edited by NekroArts
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Paradoxity said:

When complaining about this sort of thing, always keep in mind: DE's objective goal with just about every horrible, garbage, overly random or grindy system is to 'extend involvement' or some  such nonsense- in  short, they want grind to be godawful because it means we'll spend longer doing something. That's it, that's the only reason. They want it to take longer so we don't blast through it and thus it makes 'content' last longer. It has nothing to do with solid design or storytelling or world building or what have you, it's just to extend the life of a grind. 

That's, literally, what a video game is. You have to go through something to get something. Every great, non-pvp game has this element. Luckily, there's a ton of things to do in warframe, and with no rush to do them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

Then why it is it something you can do after ONE QUEST on the SECOND planet?

Well I mean, you got the non-gilded kit gun, right? So you already have a weapon as a fresh player. But if you want a big boy version of it, well, gotta grind some more. I mean, a lot of online games have weapons that are easily available, but have upgraded versions that are much more difficult to get, this is fine in my opinion.

Just progress further into the game, because if you are struggling with level 30 bounties, then you are really fresh.

EDIT:

2 hours ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

Gaze is considered the weakest

Gaze is amazing, don't know who told you that.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins

9 hours ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

No, they spawned in part of waves of enemies to defend "cases" I had to capture like those radio towers. And I was actually low-balling their levels. Might be a bug, because I have not only a squad, but am the leader of a nice little ghost clan and we all game together nightly. And we've all seen in our solo phases that since last week the enemies that spawn out there have been getting unreasonably strong, with buffs WAY above the norm and their established level, constantly regardless of the content you're actually trying to do.

Did they have alert beacons down? If they do, spawns and levels quickly ramp up, especially if you've hit 4 stars on the aggro meter

Fortuna in general is a pretty rough place, especially early on. The Corpus there are a whole different breed to the bozos in space

Edited by Butterfly85

4 hours ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

I'm going to point out that what you said here is complete and utter bull. 

I don't usually play a meta frame, and my builds aren't usually meta. The fact that, you are equating sensible and moderately powerful to meta says how far from knowing what you are doing you really are. 

Unfortunately Dunning-kruger effect is probably at play here. You think that you know what you are doing, but you don't even know what you don't know. And honestly, as long as you choose to remain ignorant with the "I know what I want" attitude, you won't progress. Worse, by not taking the hint that the game is giving you that certain content is currently beyond you, and using that to say "gee maybe I should go back to the level appropriate content" you're just bashing your head against the brick wall and wondering why you aren't able to progress. 

As a newbie you're supposed to be learning, and trying out new stuff. Instead you're talking about what you refuse to do, and simultaneously complaining about things being problematic. Nobody said that you have to try to keep up with people who are on a different level to you. Nobody said that you need to be able to clear the enemies as quickly as we can. Realistically you can't even begin to do that. But from what you said it looks like you can't really handle the enemies on your own at all. That's why you need the squad to come in and deal damage for you.

You should make an effort to actually try new things and see what actually happens, instead of assuming that everyone else is an idiot and that as a newb you know enough to theorycraft better than everyone else. 

Either way, good luck to you with that. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

Gaze is amazing, don't know who told you that.

Probably the same person who told them that using as many complete sets of mods as possible to make them more powerful was a good idea. 

I don't think that anyone had anything bad to say about Gaze, and if memory serves, the only comment to touch on it said that it depends on what else was used to make the kitgun. 

The problem seems to be that the OP is falling for the same newbie trap most people fall into at some point, building something that is pretty powerful for their level, and getting stuck in a rut. After a while they're going to wonder how come they're not ranking up any more, and it'll be because they refuse to use anything other than that "comfort zone" loadout they built for themselves. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

Not for a new player. That's what people often fail to understand when I make threads like these; I HAVEN'T been playing the game forever and DON'T Have an overflowing bank account just sitting there because I've already been everywhere and done everything. YOu know how many credits I have right now? 60k. At the progression through the planters I've managed it can take an hour or more to make that much. I DON'T have thousands of every resource sitting forgotten in my vault to pull from. When a new thing gets added in whatever update; I CAN'T just jump on it and big-spender my dragon's hoard of crap to get the goodies instantly. For me the 300k credits needed for FIVE debt bonds is a vertically insurmountable obstacle. And yeah I COULD keep playing, rank up my mastery, and get to that point before doing a kitgun...but why? Why was the process to build them, useless as they are ungilded, practically shoved down my throat on the SECOND planet I visited as a new player? MY mastery rank is in the single digits right now, yet the game threw this thing in my face, and I went for it because all the sidearms I had were complete and utter trash, and now I can't finish the process for what? Another fifty or sixty hours? At best! 

This is why new players tend to rage quit online games.

Hey mate. I can taxi you through some rounds of index if you want. Add me, i'm also on ps4. Meanwhile, try Gabi on Ceres (infested survival) as your first daily mission everyday. You get double credits for first daily. Only 5 minutes for 40k. Was my standard credit farm before i was able to do arbitrations or index. Good luck have fun with the game, it's mostly worth the grind. 

These threads are always so predictable... Someone has a legitimate issue with part of the game, and everyone comes along and tells them "Oh, just do this and its fine" without actually solving anything. Replacing one horrible grind with another isn't a solution. And just because you are willing to put up with it doesn't mean its well designed.

Also, everyone trying to excuse DE by saying other games do this kind of thing too: Just because the majority does it doesn't mean its a good thing. For example: Basically everyone uses Facebook, despite the fact that they are one of the most horrible corporations on the planet.

This game has had a problem with properly placed progression and tiers for a really long time. Fortuna is one of the most egregious examples of this. Just plain having such a hard area on one of the lowest level planets in the game is awful. And the acquisition methods of most of the items from there make even less sense. Like how you can get all of Garuda's BPs almost as soon as you arrive, but you can't actually build her until you can craft Marquis Thyst, which requires getting to the second highest rank with Solaris United. Or how Baruuk's component BPs are available one rank lower than his main in Vox Solaris. Or how you can get the top tier Sunpoint Drill right away, which completely invalidates all the rank locked Cetus ones. Etc. Etc.

All this clearly shows just how little actual planning DE puts into anything they add to this game.

12 hours ago, Paradoxity said:

When complaining about this sort of thing, always keep in mind: DE's objective goal with just about every horrible, garbage, overly random or grindy system is to 'extend involvement' or some  such nonsense- in  short, they want grind to be godawful because it means we'll spend longer doing something. That's it, that's the only reason. They want it to take longer so we don't blast through it and thus it makes 'content' last longer. It has nothing to do with solid design or storytelling or world building or what have you, it's just to extend the life of a grind. 

'We'll spend longer doing something", or the elephant in the room folks don't like talking about: We'll spend money not to do something. Real dollars. 

Edited by ikkabotz

12 hours ago, Paradoxity said:

New player retention in Warframe is garbage, and we've been making a lot of noise about it for years. 

So far they refuse to listen. Supposedly there's an overhaul of the early game experience coming? Hopefully it's one that keeps in mind the resource disparity between newer players and long-term ones. 

We'll see. In the mean time, We get it if you're done with Warframe cos of this kind of crap. It's not at all friendly to anyone new and frankly, presented as something it's not- kitguns are good, top tier, even with some setups, but they're badly misplaced being in what is otherwise a 'new' player zone. 

and how do we know it is garbage? 

When I was new and needed creds I'd go to seimini on Ceres and do 5 waves infested defence.  Nets about 23-24k creds per run and double for first mission of the day.

You'll also get orokin cells and lots of relics.  You can also level stuff while doing it as it's incredibly easy.

I ground out 1 mil creds doing this to buy primed flow back in the day.  Took a while but I've never had to farm for cells since.

Other than that, work on your builds.  Even a cursory glance is enough to know they're not great.

Good luck tenno.