Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The process of gilding kitguns is is horribly, objectively flawed.

(PSN)Ashmane84

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That actually counters the point you're trying to make. Because they have so many options, it means that they're not barred from progression if they hit a brick wall with any given piece of content. It's a case of just needing to say "huh, guess I'll go work on any of the other half dozen things that I still need to get done". 

On the one hand, yes. You're right- they do. On the other hand, the point I'm driving at is we never had to make that decision. There was never a brick wall of content not meant for us to run into- everything was meant for us, more or less, as it was released. At the very least, there was nothing beyond our capability to do- we already had the tools and equipment to tackle anything not involving a wholly new game mode (like Archwing, way back when, or Railjack more recently.) We never had a situation like guilding kitguns on our second planet and the rep grind roadblocks because we were already done with everything else. 

On 2020-02-17 at 4:24 PM, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

There  you go, you get it. This is a NEW player zone and these things were thrown in my face pretty much the second I got there. I didn't seek them out, I didn't go on the wiki and look for the best whatever in the game, I'm not trying to rush content. 

Have you considered that showing new players a taste of the super powerful stuff is a frequently used method in game design? Think about it, when you play other looter shooters, like Fallout 4 (yes, it's a looter shooter), they give you power armor and a minigun pretty early in the game. You use it, and it's great, and then you're limited by fusion cores and 5mm ammo until later in the game. Several Resident Evil games will give you a shotgun/rocket launcher early in the game and limit it with ammo as well. Fallout 3 does it by giving you powerful weapons that are almost broken. That's what this is.They're showing you what the game can be without handing you some of the best weapons in the game.You're coming across the features for more advanced players, and stomping your feet because you're not handed the good stuff as soon as you see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Stop. "My KiTgUn Is RaNk 30" doesn't mean anything. Most of the people on this thread could take a half ranked kitgun with the same parts, and put it next to yours and make yours look like a complete piece of crap. We have better mods than you, and a better understanding of how to come up with a powerful build.

I am beginning to get the impression that you, like many here, are violently allergic to context. The person I responded to specifically said he believed I was having trouble LEVELING the kitgun, this was obviously not the case. I realize for certain types of people reading can be difficult, but do try to keep up.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

Have you considered that showing new players a taste of the super powerful stuff is a frequently used method in game design? Think about it, when you play other looter shooters, like Fallout 4 (yes, it's a looter shooter), they give you power armor and a minigun pretty early in the game.

Fallout 4 didn't actively prevent me from leveling up because I was in power armor. And it certainly didn't turn off exp gain and then NOT TELL ME it was doing so.

Also, I keep seeing people saying that kitguns are these ultra powerful things, but I'm not seeing it. Side by side they look more or less on par with a MR6 or MR7 sidearm. "Well you just need better mods and the right build!" Okay, but that begs the question; is it the kitgun that is so powerful, or is it your endgame build and warchest of maxed out mods? I'm beginning to think these are not as powerful as you guys think they are, and that maybe due to "spoiled by endgame mods" you don't actually know how one weapon stacks up to another WITHOUT those things. Seriously; go make an ungilded gaze (it'd take me about an hour, so you've no excuse) and compare it to that marketplace low MR laser thing WITHOUT YOUR PRECIOUS MODS; not that big of a difference.

Seriously; without a ton of super mods and a half dozen forma kitguns are not that impressive. So "you should have known by how powerful they are" is not a valid argument.

Edited by (PS4)Ashmane84

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

Fallout 4 didn't actively prevent me from leveling up because I was in power armor. And it certainly didn't turn off exp gain and then NOT TELL ME it was doing so.

Also, I keep seeing people saying that kitguns are these ultra powerful things, but I'm not seeing it. Side by side they look more or less on par with a MR6 or MR7 sidearm. "Well you just need better mods and the right build!" Okay, but that begs the question; is it the kitgun that is so powerful, or is it your endgame build and warchest of maxed out mods? I'm beginning to think these are not as powerful as you guys think they are, and that maybe due to "spoiled by endgame mods" you don't actually know how one weapon stacks up to another WITHOUT those things. Seriously; go make an ungilded gaze (it'd take me about an hour, so you've no excuse) and compare it to that marketplace low MR laser thing WITHOUT YOUR PRECIOUS MODS; not that big of a difference.

Seriously; without a ton of super mods and a half dozen forma kitguns are not that impressive. So "you should have known by how powerful they are" is not a valid argument.

Ok, you're mistaken about how levels work in warframe. MR levels don't mean anything except to provide some minor bonuses, and unlocking weapons. Mod capacity has the same mechanics for an MR1 as an MR28. MR only allows you to start with more mod slots on an unranked weapon. That's about it for direct gameplay effects. Kitguns are powerful because they can equip arcanes, and they have good stats after guilding. Every weapon is poop without mods. EVERY weapon is poop without mods. Period. You won't notice the different between a 10% crit chance, and a 30% crit chance until you put on point strike. You won't notice the difference between a 10% and a 25% status chance in normal gameplay unless you stick on some status chance boosting mods like the 60/60 sets. Literally everything in the game is weak and pathetic without mods. If you need advice on how to fit more mods, and how to fit better mods, let us know. We can help with that. However, if you want to pretend that the game is bad because it's technical and you can't figure it out, you're better off playing simpler games.

edit: For example, the Rubico prime. The most powerful sniper rifle in the game, if rivens are excluded. You would think it sucks if you didn't put any mods on it.It's got 38% base crit chance, a 3.0x crit multiplier, and only 187 base damage. Going into anything higher than lvl 20 with little to no mods on that would make you think that the Rubico Prime is terrible. We all love it.

Edited by (PS4)Vodka_Vision_
Clarification with example.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

Ok, you're mistaken about how levels work in warframe. MR levels don't mean anything except to provide some minor bonuses, and unlocking weapons. Mod capacity has the same mechanics for an MR1 as an MR28. MR only allows you to start with more mod slots on an unranked weapon. That's about it for direct gameplay effects. Kitguns are powerful because they can equip arcanes, and they have good stats after guilding. Every weapon is poop without mods. EVERY weapon is poop without mods. Period. You won't notice the different between a 10% crit chance, and a 30% crit chance until you put on point strike. You won't notice the difference between a 10% and a 25% status chance in normal gameplay unless you stick on some status chance boosting mods like the 60/60 sets. Literally everything in the game is weak and pathetic without mods. If you need advice on how to fit more mods, and how to fit better mods, let us know. We can help with that. However, if you want to pretend that the game is bad because it's technical and you can't figure it out, you're better off playing simpler games.

Sounds like you've been so high MR for so long you don't even know what it does. Mod capacity is the most directly game effecting one sure (I'd say ranking up a weapon is meaningless if it popped out of the foundry with 30 capacity too. At that point there is no functional difference between rank 1 and rank 30. But imagine if your gun only had 6 capacity. Mod that.) but it isn't the only one. For one more than half the weapons in the market place require mastery rank to craft or use. Archwing launcher? Mastery gated. Heavy weapons? Mastery gated. Pets? Mastery gated. Pets that don't die as fast? Mastery gated. Main story quests? Mastery gated. Raising standing with every faction or syndicate in the game? Mastery gated. Heck there are nodes on every planet, including earth, that are mastery gated. Maybe you're a vet and all this was added later so you never noticed, but master rank effects EVERYTHING. So a weapon that actively prevents you from raising your mastery rank is a huge handicap for a new player. 

I get that arcanes are a bit boost. I get that gilding a kitgun makes it more powerful outright. I understand reactors and dumping forma into a weapon. I am fine with all that. But why put a weapon in a new player's path, encourage them make it "just to see how cool things get" and then TURN OFF their ability to level up while using it WITHOUT TELLING THEM? Kitguns should either A; not be craftable AT ALL until it is reasonable to gild them, or B; not require gilding to build MR. If it is something new players can get to be teased with the later phases of the game, then option B. If it is meant to be endgame and ONLY endgame; option A. Having this strange combination of the two is just plain bad design, and no amount of fanboy defense, indifference, or forum bullying is going to change that fact. It's literally game design 101; drop content where it is supposed to go, not just randomly wherever it will fit. Doing the latter is both lazy, and supremely incompetent.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

Sounds like you've been so high MR for so long you don't even know what it does. Mod capacity is the most directly game effecting one sure (I'd say ranking up a weapon is meaningless if it popped out of the foundry with 30 capacity too. At that point there is no functional difference between rank 1 and rank 30. But imagine if your gun only had 6 capacity. Mod that.) but it isn't the only one. For one more than half the weapons in the market place require mastery rank to craft or use. Archwing launcher? Mastery gated. Heavy weapons? Mastery gated. Pets? Mastery gated. Pets that don't die as fast? Mastery gated. Main story quests? Mastery gated. Raising standing with every faction or syndicate in the game? Mastery gated. Heck there are nodes on every planet, including earth, that are mastery gated. Maybe you're a vet and all this was added later so you never noticed, but master rank effects EVERYTHING. So a weapon that actively prevents you from raising your mastery rank is a huge handicap for a new player. 

I get that arcanes are a bit boost. I get that gilding a kitgun makes it more powerful outright. I understand reactors and dumping forma into a weapon. I am fine with all that. But why put a weapon in a new player's path, encourage them make it "just to see how cool things get" and then TURN OFF their ability to level up while using it WITHOUT TELLING THEM? Kitguns should either A; not be craftable AT ALL until it is reasonable to gild them, or B; not require gilding to build MR. If it is something new players can get to be teased with the later phases of the game, then option B. If it is meant to be endgame and ONLY endgame; option A. Having this strange combination of the two is just plain bad design, and no amount of fanboy defense, indifference, or forum bullying is going to change that fact. It's literally game design 101; drop content where it is supposed to go, not just randomly wherever it will fit. Doing the latter is both lazy, and supremely incompetent.

You know what you do with 6 mod capacity? Find a polarized weapon, put your best mod on and go grind Lith, or one of the other defense/survival missions you've unlocked. You can buy enough weapons to rank up to MR10 from the marketplace in your Orbiter just fine. Don't have to use plat, just credits and mats.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

You know what you do with 6 mod capacity? Find a polarized weapon, put your best mod on and go grind Lith, or one of the other defense/survival missions you've unlocked. You can buy enough weapons to rank up to MR10 from the marketplace in your Orbiter just fine. Don't have to use plat, just credits and mats.

First off, basic math. Hornet Strike at max has a cost of 14. With a polarized slot that drops to 7. At MR6 any pistol I have will only have 6 capacity. Solve for "that won't work" and remember to show your equations.

Secondly, all you've done is sidestep the issue I raised. So I'll ask again; why are new player encouraged to craft (super easy and inexpensive to obtain) weapons that prevent them from raising their mastery rank, while also not being informed that those weapons prevent them from doing so?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

First off, basic math. Hornet Strike at max has a cost of 14. With a polarized slot that drops to 7. At MR6 any pistol I have will only have 6 capacity. Solve for "that won't work" and remember to show your equations.

Secondly, all you've done is sidestep the issue I raised. So I'll ask again; why are new player encouraged to craft (super easy and inexpensive to obtain) weapons that prevent them from raising their mastery rank, while also not being informed that those weapons prevent them from doing so?

How do kitguns prevent you from raising mastery? It's not like you can't get any other weapon while you have them in your inventory, and all you have to do before crafting one is explore some menus for about a minute to see that you can't do most things involving kit guns. So you have to put your kitgun on the backburner. Oh no! You still have access to the entire rest of the arsenal you have unlocked. Almost like... you're not supposed to have kitguns fully unlocked. If you feel that the game shoved them in front of you, it really didn't. You had to explore fortuna and do a bit of grinding to find them. Also, guess what? There's a handy dandy chat feature you can use. At any point if you're confused, you can ask other, more experienced players. Literally, any time. Did you try that? You have these forums. If you're ever confused about something, you can ask more experienced players. Did you try that before deciding that you, an amateur, know more than professional game devs? Did you use any resource to learn more about the game, or did you expect DE to spoonfeed you everything?

Guess what? rank 12 hornet strike will work just fine for content under level 20.Probably won't even have  the endo for that, yet, so you'll likely end up using the bronze physical damage mods. That will introduce you to physical damage and how it works. All you have to do is not treat it like you're playing Doom. If you haven't figured it out, yet, warframe is a stat focused game. The gameplay is great, but there's so much more to it.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

How do kitguns prevent you from raising mastery? It's not like you can't get any other weapon while you have them in your inventory...

You mean the like, 13 weapons total I can have at any given time? Raising MR requires a constant cycle of craft weapon > rank weapon > delete weapon. Nothing is in the back burner; there is no back burner. If it isn't building MR it's taking up space and should be tossed in the trash.

I was told before that I should trade for plat and buy more slots, but that just started a whole other thing. And that other thing, and this thing, and another thing, all ultimately comes down to the same core issue; Digital Extremes doesn't know what the heck they're doing. This game is a mess. A very fun mess. But a damned mess all the same. One problem leads to another problems leads to another problem because one feature depends on another feature depends on a missing feature, depends on a broken feature. I mean honestly; this game has been out for like six or more years and yet still feels like a half baked early access title. If the moment to moment play wasn't so fun, it would have crashed and burned long ago. 

right now kitguns, and fortuna content is in a weird position, im mr24 i have everything there, but with kuva liches is not worth fortuna

Quick: You can get kuva nukor in 15/30 min? lets say 1 hour Nukor>gaze

Kuva brakk > catchmoon

Twin stubba > rattleguts

Kuva seer > Tombfinger ? (not sure here)

Why a new player will farm toroids, reputation, resources, everything in fortuna taking days, maybe weeks when you can get much better gear in kuva lich

Moa are useless, cryota is good, arcane lockdown the best arcane in the game, arcane repair pretty much the same, so you are doing all of this just for this 3 things

6 months ago or 1 year ago, was super worth catchmoon tombfinger, because was like top pistols in the game, but now after the nerf and dispo 1 meh

Edited by Danielw8

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

You mean the like, 13 weapons total I can have at any given time? Raising MR requires a constant cycle of craft weapon > rank weapon > delete weapon. Nothing is in the back burner; there is no back burner. If it isn't building MR it's taking up space and should be tossed in the trash.

I was told before that I should trade for plat and buy more slots, but that just started a whole other thing. And that other thing, and this thing, and another thing, all ultimately comes down to the same core issue; Digital Extremes doesn't know what the heck they're doing. This game is a mess. A very fun mess. But a damned mess all the same. One problem leads to another problems leads to another problem because one feature depends on another feature depends on a missing feature, depends on a broken feature. I mean honestly; this game has been out for like six or more years and yet still feels like a half baked early access title. If the moment to moment play wasn't so fun, it would have crashed and burned long ago. 

Ok. I can agree that there's a lot of dead content that needs to get cleaned up. 

However, whining that kit guns are broken because you made a mistake in grabbing one too early without using any resources or exploring the content more before jumping on it is asinine. If you won't buy new mod slots or farm for plat, just delete the kit gun. If you want to whine about having to waste the materials you spent time grinding for, I'd hate to see your reaction to other MMOs.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

Ok. I can agree that there's a lot of dead content that needs to get cleaned up. 

However, whining that kit guns are broken because you made a mistake in grabbing one too early without using any resources or exploring the content more before jumping on it is asinine. If you won't buy new mod slots or farm for plat, just delete the kit gun. If you want to whine about having to waste the materials you spent time grinding for, I'd hate to see your reaction to other MMOs.

It wasn't a mistake, it was more like a trick. I've said it all before, but to sum up here, the game basically threw a kitgun at me. There was absolutely zero signposting to say making one was a bad idea, and tons of in-game encouragement to make one as soon as possible. It was presented as a tutorial. I keep coming back to that, and people keep dismissing it, but it's true. Starting planet, pretty early into that planet, NPC screaming across the map about them the second I walk in. Able to do it after one low level quest, cheap. Easy to farm resources right outside of the city, super low level enemies, no faction standing requirement, and foundry construction times that are literally only otherwise seen on tutorial items. Without something saying "this is endgame content" you'd literally never know that. It is in no way gated, no way difficult, no way expensive, and the weapons themselves are barely more powerful than the standard stuff on offer. It isn't until you gild them, drop a bunch of forma, and get an arcane that they become something special. And I'm fine with all that being endgame, buy why does the gun itself; a gloried TUTORIAL item, not allow me to gain mastery rank when doing so is one of the most important things for me to be doing?

Secondly, it's funny that you mention other MMOs because they all do something that makes it clear when you've wandered into endgame; level gating. Warframe half-asses it with master locks on market place guns, but kitguns have no master lock on them. Putting one on there would pretty much solve everything. Make them like a MR10 or MR15 or something, and all of these issues go away. Its a simple, obvious fix, so of course DE are too incompetent to do it. But yeah, be careful when invoking the specter of MMOs to defend all this grind, because by comparison Warframe is a really S#&$ty MMO. And I've played some bad ones. Warframe is just a hair better than Korean free-to-play bad. Again; if it weren't for the moment to moment play being so fun, this game would have been bought up by Perfect World and left to die in obscurity a long time ago.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

It wasn't a mistake, it was more like a trick. I've said it all before, but to sum up here, the game basically threw a kitgun at me. There was absolutely zero signposting to say making one was a bad idea, and tons of in-game encouragement to make one as soon as possible. It was presented as a tutorial. I keep coming back to that, and people keep dismissing it, but it's true. Starting planet, pretty early into that planet, NPC screaming across the map about them the second I walk in. Able to do it after one low level quest, cheap. Easy to farm resources right outside of the city, super low level enemies, no faction standing requirement, and foundry construction times that are literally only otherwise seen on tutorial items. Without something saying "this is endgame content" you'd literally never know that. It is in no way gated, no way difficult, no way expensive, and the weapons themselves are barely more powerful than the standard stuff on offer. It isn't until you gild them, drop a bunch of forma, and get an arcane that they become something special. And I'm fine with all that being endgame, buy why does the gun itself; a gloried TUTORIAL item, not allow me to gain mastery rank when doing so is one of the most important things for me to be doing?

Secondly, it's funny that you mention other MMOs because they all do something that makes it clear when you've wandered into endgame; level gating. Warframe half-asses it with master locks on market place guns, but kitguns have no master lock on them. Putting one on there would pretty much solve everything. Make them like a MR10 or MR15 or something, and all of these issues go away. Its a simple, obvious fix, so of course DE are too incompetent to do it. But yeah, be careful when invoking the specter of MMOs to defend all this grind, because by comparison Warframe is a really S#&$ty MMO. And I've played some bad ones. Warframe is just a hair better than Korean free-to-play bad. Again; if it weren't for the moment to moment play being so fun, this game would have been bought up by Perfect World and left to die in obscurity a long time ago.

Welp, seems like you’ve learned an important lesson. Half of playing Warframe is doing research about Warframe before you do anything. 

it sucks, but it’s just one weapon slot. Maybe there’ll be one in the next nightwave. 

it’s not as bad as your situation, but my first riven was only useable at mastery rank 15 and it was for a zaw. It was a Looooong time before it was useful to me.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

Really, all you had to do was explore her menus. You don't even have to have a kitgun to see the cost to gild one. It's nobody's fault but your own that you were too lazy to even look through all her menus. Seriously, anyone who doesn't even check menus before grabbing at everything deserves no pity.

I already explained to you. MR is meaningless. It means nothing,except a leg up on Unranked weapons. Learning how to mod your gear is where you should be focusing. Who the hell told you to focus on MR right now?.

and.... MR15 for kitguns:

you can get Kuva weapons at MR5 once you finish the War Within.

tenor.gif?itemid=14359545

If you're MR6 my recommendation would be to join an established clan and buy the ignis in the dojo. It's an MR 5 gun and as you mod it, it will easily carry you to end game content. Keep your kitgun until your ignis is good enough to carry you through the content that is holding you back from gilding it and use your remaining 6 weapon slots to cycle MR fodder.

12 hours ago, Paradoxity said:

On the one hand, yes. You're right- they do. On the other hand, the point I'm driving at is we never had to make that decision. There was never a brick wall of content not meant for us to run into- everything was meant for us, more or less, as it was released. At the very least, there was nothing beyond our capability to do- we already had the tools and equipment to tackle anything not involving a wholly new game mode (like Archwing, way back when, or Railjack more recently.) We never had a situation like guilding kitguns on our second planet and the rep grind roadblocks because we were already done with everything else. 

Bad news mate. Look around and see how few people have the closed beta and founder swag. 

Then check out how many of us are post PoE. Many of the active players encountered those types of walls. And we dealt with it by doing exactly what I described, and exactly what people have told the OP from the start; "you're not ready yet, go play the rest of the game and progress for a bit". It's only a matter of their own stubborn "I'm already at rank 30 with this warframe, why am I not yet godlike" - refusal to consider what the game was blatantly telling them. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

I am beginning to get the impression that you, like many here, are violently allergic to context. The person I responded to specifically said he believed I was having trouble LEVELING the kitgun, this was obviously not the case. I realize for certain types of people reading can be difficult, but do try to keep up.

Again. Having any item at rank 30 means nothing. I am stressing it because you are the one who tried to humblebrag about the warframes and weapons you have, and their ranks, without realising that true power requires a lot of mods that take time to acquire and forma-levelling multiple times. This week alone I levelled one weapon to 30, over half a dozen times and I'm still not satisfied. I may need to do it twice more. 

As you progress through the star chart and start doing these things, you'll learn how much more powerful you can get. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

So, don't max it. Or use a different mod. On Earth, even the mk1 weapons can be deadly enough for you to level it up pretty safely. And after doing a few you'll get to go up in MR. Rejoice Tenno, the solution to your problem is close to hand. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

I was told before that I should trade for plat and buy more slots, but that just started a whole other thing.

Yes, you should. I believe that you got very clear advice on how to trade prime junk for plat. Unfortunately it looks like you would rather whine about that too. 

It wasn't a mistake, it was more like a trick. I've said it all before, but to sum up here, the game basically threw a kitgun at me. There was absolutely zero signposting to say making one was a bad idea, and tons of in-game encouragement to make one as soon as possible. It was presented as a tutorial. I keep coming back to that, and people keep dismissing it, but it's true. Starting planet, pretty early into that planet, NPC screaming across the map about them the second I walk in.

Yeah you just made another mistake. The starting planet is Earth. It also has endgame content that's easy to access for newbs. It also has vendors screaming at you to come check their wares. You claimed to have a zaw didn't you? Suggests that you should have known that gliding weapons takes quite a lot of progress with the factions involved. 

So why you trying to blame others for your screw up? 

Secondly, it's funny that you mention other MMOs because they all do something that makes it clear when you've wandered into endgame; level gating.

Most of the time they do it by having enemies that kill you very rapidly with very little apparent effort. Pretty sure that's one more thing that you were whining about. 

Not being able to make a significant dent in their armor is also usually a good hint, but you've been trying to play off your inability to deal damage as a considered choice, made "to suit your playstyle" or whatever. So no surprise that you would have missed that one. 

Secondly, it's funny that you mention other MMOs because they all do something that makes it clear when you've wandered into endgame; level gating.

Warframe has level gating. The most significant one is at MR5. That's all that's required to complete the star chart. You already passed it. Come up with a better excuse for why you aren't able to do it. 

9 hours ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

Really, all you had to do was explore her menus. You don't even have to have a kitgun to see the cost to gild one. It's nobody's fault but your own that you were too lazy to even look through all her menus. Seriously, anyone who doesn't even check menus before grabbing at everything deserves no pity.

I already explained to you. MR is meaningless. It means nothing,except a leg up on Unranked weapons. Learning how to mod your gear is where you should be focusing. Who the hell told you to focus on MR right now?.

and.... MR15 for kitguns:

you can get Kuva weapons at MR5 once you finish the War Within.

tenor.gif?itemid=14359545

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe1o5dK5da-TJfKI9oJl4

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

But arnt the Kuva weapons themselves MR locked? If they arnt that's a serious boost for lower MR players. 

MR5 is the entry point for endgame. 

In this game "lower MR" doesn't mean anything. You can regularly see MR20+ players who are not particularly good at what they do, and early-to-mid teen players consistently wiping the floor with the enemies. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

MR5 is the entry point for endgame. 

In this game "lower MR" doesn't mean anything. You can regularly see MR20+ players who are not particularly good at what they do, and early-to-mid teen players consistently wiping the floor with the enemies. 

It's not like warframe is a skill based game to begin with though 🤷‍♂️

The fact that the Kuva Bramma is accessible at MR5 is a bit crazy to think about....I mean that fact alone makes alot of other good weapons MR fodder at that point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

The fact that the Kuva Bramma is accessible at MR5 is a bit crazy to think about....I mean that fact alone makes alot of other good weapons MR fodder at that point. 

Don't sweat it. OP is MR 6 and has serious difficulty with the fortuna content. You're not going to be seeing a large number of "low MR" newbs running around killing liches any time soon. 

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Don't sweat it. OP is MR 6 and has serious difficulty with the fortuna content. You're not going to be seeing a large number of "low MR" newbs running around killing liches any time soon. 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

hahaha, looking at OP's reaction with Fortun'as weapons and mobs, imagine how he's going to whine about a lich with a Kuva Bramma and say "my gun is level 30, why am i not killing this mob, i'm max level!" !

12 minutes ago, mikakor said:

hahaha, looking at OP's reaction with Fortun'as weapons and mobs, imagine how he's going to whine about a lich with a Kuva Bramma and say "my gun is level 30, why am i not killing this mob, i'm max level!" !

Good point but I just ran into a rank 6 with a Bramma 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Could have run into the minority but all I can think of is "If I had that at the same MR.....I won warframe" 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

But arnt the Kuva weapons themselves MR locked? If they arnt that's a serious boost for lower MR players. 

Only to trade for. Killing the lich can get you an MR12 locked weapon, but you can't trade it to anyone under MR12. The only thing keeping an mr5 from a Bramma is difficulty.