Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can keep account on PC and not play on Steam?

KWessels

Question

Okay, so I have been playing Warframe on Steam for about two years now. Steam is giving me a bunch of unrelated problems, so I'm going to uninstall Steam altogether to fix that issue. 

My Question is: Will my account be deleted and all my stuff lost (specifically any Tennogen items I purchased)? Or will it all be there when I reinstall Steam? 

I know you can download straight from the website and also launch via Discord (I was not aware of these options when I decided to start playing) but I want to make 100% sure that while my account is linked to Steam, I can uninstall Steam and still have my stuff? 

Sorry if this has an obvious answer I'm missing, I'm in a bit of a panic since 90% of my other games are now unplayable. 

5 answers to this question

Everything to do with your account will remain on DE's servers.  The only things you'll lose will be locally saved options settings and possibly favourited colours.  If you start using the stand alone launcher you will still have any Tennogen items you already own but you wont be able to purchase any new Tennogen items.  Some people only play the game through Steam when they want to buy Tennogen and then return to using the stand alone launcher for standard play.

Your account information and all associated things are kept on DE's side of things.  Deleting the game and/or Steam won't affect that.  You'd have to cancel and delete your account on the warframe website in order to lose your progress.  And I'm honestly not sure if you can even do that, never looked into cancelling my account.

1 hour ago, KWessels said:

I want to make 100% sure that while my account is linked to Steam, I can uninstall Steam and still have my stuff? 

Since your question is already answered for this, I will go a bit further for you and link you a guide to converting steam to stand alone so you do not have to download the entire game all over. I use it all the time and for example: I convert to steam, check Tennogen, and delete the conversion and simply continue to play stand alone.

Additional note: You don't actually need to mess with registry at all. Just simply follow all the other steps; like downloading the files required and then pasting over them. If you run into trouble trying this method, I'm open to questions so feel free to DM if you do a conversion.

Edited by Alcatraz