Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pay to save the populations?

ECACA

Question

I find it very interesting that we Pay the inhabitants to save them..

We go out and Mine, Fish, collect animals, and food..and hardware..

And we still have to pay them for ranking up to get access to More stuff that gets THEM! more.

as well as If we dont give it to them, those goods we Use for parts, insted of Ranking up is another cost.

We pay for the Toys of the animals, we pay for the weapons we have them Make WE PAy for building/making parts that we sell BACK to them??

WE pay for that Machine in our ship to build things..

Parts here and there and its costing tons of money..

When are we going to start a protection racket, and charge those on the planets to protect them..

At least give us the materials to Make our weapons..repair the ships..

We give, they give is fair..

They charge we charge, is fair also..

We are talking about people who know a person thats bothering them, and wants us to kill them, but arnt smart enough to locate him themselves with their own spy network.

We have to track him down, in 3-4 Bases with 30-40 enemy, that call in reinforcements, while we TRY to find 1 idiot that knows where his boss is. 

Did that 1 mission pay you back in bullets and ship damage?? Fuel for the landing craft?  probably not.Did it buy a pack of peanuts??

No??

23 answers to this question

hace 20 minutos, ECACA dijo:

And we still have to pay them for ranking up to get access to More stuff that gets THEM! more.

as well as If we dont give it to them, those goods we Use for parts, insted of Ranking up is another cost.

We pay for the Toys of the animals, we pay for the weapons we have them Make WE PAy for building/making parts that we sell BACK to them??

Think about it as a trade, we trade materials and some creds for goods they have.

hace 32 minutos, ECACA dijo:

WE pay for that Machine in our ship to build things..

Parts here and there and its costing tons of money..

We pay the machine? I don't really think that 5k or 10k creds are absurd ammounts of creds, and again, the other stuff is just crafting materials, we don't pay the foundry imo.

hace 36 minutos, ECACA dijo:

At least give us the materials to Make our weapons..repair the ships..

It is actually what we do, we get materials and mod weapons.

By 'repair the ship' idk what u mean tho

hace 37 minutos, ECACA dijo:

We are talking about people who know a person thats bothering them, and wants us to kill them, but arnt smart enough to locate him themselves with their own spy network.

We have to track him down, in 3-4 Bases with 30-40 enemy, that call in reinforcements, while we TRY to find 1 idiot that knows where his boss is. 

In theory, we do that job bc they do not have overpowered warframes that can easily 1shot everything in sight.

hace 40 minutos, ECACA dijo:

Did that 1 mission pay you back in bullets and ship damage?? Fuel for the landing craft?  probably not.Did it buy a pack of peanuts??

No??

Idk why u complain on bullets if u can find ammo literally everywhere..

Also... Ship dmg?? Landing craft fuel?? yo what??

• Like 1

First off, you mixed up standing and credits.
Standing is something you work for them, they reward you their currency to trade their stuffs. Sounds fair to me.

While for credits... hope this answer fills your need:

Tenno, if left unattended, might spend the majority of their earned resources constructing new weaponry instead of managing "less essential" tasks, such as LIFE SUPPORT. While I cannot speak for Cephalon Ordis, it is conceivable that Ordis allocates acquired credits to managing other trivial areas unrelated to slaughter, such as Liset fuel cells, breathable atmosphere, etc.

I can assure you with absolute certainty that Ordis doesn't not contribute a portion of those funds into a probability pool weighed against your odds of survival.
- Cephalon Cordylon, Jan 20, 2015

The above is official lore. Based on this, it's highly possible that Ordis uses the credit to fund stuff happening in your orbitor, preventing you from suffocating, as a starter.

For the "missing boss" mission, as if they could do that on their own without the ability to transfer into a slaughtering machine. Besides, money doesn't mean everything when it comes to having a deal. People could pay with stuffs that aren't materialised. In this case, you earned the people trust to rely on you, offering you higher difficult tasks thus more rewards, and opening up more goods for you to trade with. You don't grab a privilege for free, you earn it.  To be honest, if you aren't interesting in their goods, you are welcomed to just walk away.

Edited by SHArK-FiN
  • Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, SHArK-FiN a dit :

First off, you mixed up standing and credits.
Standing is something you work for them, they reward you their currency to trade their stuffs. Sounds fair to me.

While for credits... hope this answer fills your need:

Tenno, if left unattended, might spend the majority of their earned resources constructing new weaponry instead of managing "less essential" tasks, such as LIFE SUPPORT. While I cannot speak for Cephalon Ordis, it is conceivable that Ordis allocates acquired credits to managing other trivial areas unrelated to slaughter, such as Liset fuel cells, breathable atmosphere, etc.

I can assure you with absolute certainty that Ordis doesn't not contribute a portion of those funds into a probability pool weighed against your odds of survival.
- Cephalon Cordylon, Jan 20, 2015

The above is official lore. Based on this, it's highly possible that Ordis uses the credit to fund stuff happening in your orbitor, preventing you from suffocating, as a starter.

For the "missing boss" mission, as if they could do that on their own without the ability to transfer into a slaughtering machine. Besides, money doesn't mean everything when it comes to having a deal. People could pay with stuffs that aren't materialised. In this case, you earned the people trust to rely on you, offering you higher difficult tasks thus more rewards, and opening up more goods for you to trade with. You don't grab a privilege for free, you earn it.  To be honest, if you aren't interesting in their goods, you are welcomed to just walk away.

But to raise standing, I have to PAY..  and it dont lower prices, does it??

I dont get any credit wehn I mine, unless I give it to them, for ???

How about fishing and giving it to them..

Then having to pay, 500,000 AND Chroma Prime Chassis???  to go up another level??

THEN i have a Machine that makes the things I need, and IT COST MONEY to use it.  Plus the materials I gathered myself, with no help from those people.

I mine and give my mats away, insted of using them for myself, ASIF, they cant mine themselves??  And it goes to raising my rating, and then to add Rank I pay more??

I buy a toy or Bot or Decor, and it goes into the pot to help me out and then I STILL pay more to gain a rank??

You family requires you to do Labor arounf the home, and it impresses them...Good thing, but do they REQUIRE YOU TO PAY THEM After you have done all this work??

They cant even make me a free Lunch.

Why cant I charge THEM for my services, because what they give me ISNT that much, compared to the life Im Loosing helping them.

Ship repair= Rail jack...Lots of materials you need to use, and keep it repeiared.  How much is your time, cause those people on the ground arnt up there helping you not Giving you free materials to fix it..

What would be more interesting is a Choice of what they can give you,....  Why get things I dont need or want, OBERON BLUE PRINTS COMING OUT MY EARS...

Edited by ECACA
  • Like 1

My ship isnt free, my work isnt free, it costs to maintain, and upgrade and advance, and IM PAYING THEM FOR RANK and being friendly???

THEN 90% of the weapons are the ones the enemy use, and they have been modified.  Or they are Old school and Dug up and cleaned by the backwards people here...

Dont mind buying stuff to empress them, and make myself look friendly...BUT then to PAY them TO BE FRIENDLY???  You THINK its worth giving away Chroma PRIME PARTS>>>  That I would like to have ALSO??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

Wrong, ordis is just trying to save up money to repair himself and buy himself a joke book 

Edited by Captain_Rocket505

2 hours ago, ECACA said:

But to raise standing, I have to PAY..  and it dont lower prices, does it??

I dont get any credit wehn I mine, unless I give it to them, for ???

How about fishing and giving it to them..

Then having to pay, 500,000 AND Chroma Prime Chassis???  to go up another level??

THEN i have a Machine that makes the things I need, and IT COST MONEY to use it.  Plus the materials I gathered myself, with no help from those people.

I mine and give my mats away, insted of using them for myself, ASIF, they cant mine themselves??  And it goes to raising my rating, and then to add Rank I pay more??

I buy a toy or Bot or Decor, and it goes into the pot to help me out and then I STILL pay more to gain a rank??

You family requires you to do Labor arounf the home, and it impresses them...Good thing, but do they REQUIRE YOU TO PAY THEM After you have done all this work??

They cant even make me a free Lunch.

Why cant I charge THEM for my services, because what they give me ISNT that much, compared to the life Im Loosing helping them.

Ship repair= Rail jack...Lots of materials you need to use, and keep it repeiared.  How much is your time, cause those people on the ground arnt up there helping you not Giving you free materials to fix it..

What would be more interesting is a Choice of what they can give you,....  Why get things I dont need or want, OBERON BLUE PRINTS COMING OUT MY EARS...

You complain about spending 500k credits? Brah...eyther you suck terribly at this game or you didn't hear what index is made for.... You complain about giving a prime part that can be obtained in game? Or if you are that lazzy just buy it from market. All in all nobody forces you to join a sindicate. If you want standing and to promote the game offers you lots of stuffs to have extras.

hace 10 horas, ECACA dijo:

My ship isnt free, my work isnt free, it costs to maintain, and upgrade and advance, and IM PAYING THEM FOR RANK and being friendly???

THEN 90% of the weapons are the ones the enemy use, and they have been modified.  Or they are Old school and Dug up and cleaned by the backwards people here...

Dont mind buying stuff to empress them, and make myself look friendly...BUT then to PAY them TO BE FRIENDLY???  You THINK its worth giving away Chroma PRIME PARTS>>>  That I would like to have ALSO??

Man this game is not for you.

well think about it.

No company I know would do the work.

And monsters dormant for years, should be thinking about that.

Much of the goods they get have little to do with those being protected, if protected.

They have a few oddities that might be worth getting, but all the work done for them as well and excess monies isnt worth it.

AND the Manufacturing in the ship??  costs Money??  Why?  This is not someone else's Laundry mat.

• Like 1

So we build a Dojo, we build many sections that Discover all kinds of weapons and toys, then the machine charges us(not materials) for making a Blue print, then the Blue print has another price on it to make it.

market price for and Dojo seems to be about the same...

• Like 1

We build up favors, and exchange them for goods.
Think: Working for a store, then buying groceries with the paycheck you earn.

As for Dojos, You pay for the research, then the cost to both duplicate the template, and ingredients involved to construct it.
Think: Music/bands and their recordings. Cost of recording/instruments/publishing/distribution.
Pay an absolute ton for the facilities to be made, cost to run/use those facilities, bring your own equipment/means to utilize that service, and paying dues to the network that gets it distributed. (Clan/Blueprint/Resource & Foundry credits)

That's how I look at it.

Edited by kapn655321

Le 22/02/2020 à 19:40, kapn655321 a dit :

We build up favors, and exchange them for goods.
Think: Working for a store, then buying groceries with the paycheck you earn.

As for Dojos, You pay for the research, then the cost to both duplicate the template, and ingredients involved to construct it.
Think: Music/bands and their recordings. Cost of recording/instruments/publishing/distribution.
Pay an absolute ton for the facilities to be made, cost to run/use those facilities, bring your own equipment/means to utilize that service, and paying dues to the network that gets it distributed. (Clan/Blueprint/Resource & Foundry credits)

That's how I look at it.

Lets see...

So I farm Metals, for myself and THem, I DIDNT get paid, and still Get charged for levels..  I go out and Fight thru 4 Large attacks on myself, Casue they know a person they want DEAD, and give me WHAT??  I do it 20 times, and they want Sarin or Chrome prime Blue print, AND 500,000..  so that I have to go out and get those Blue prints a second time??

Music and bands...Are not the RIAA MPAA..  Which if serves Would love to CHARGE anyone in your car for listening to the radio...AND the Locations that the BAND PLAYS have to have about 4 licences to COVER any songs they play that belong to others....GET A HINT HERE..

AND if they Bought all the hardware to make their own recordings...ITS NOT THAT BAD..2000-5000 MAX for music recording..And a few groups have Done that because they didnt want the Music INDUSTRY MESSING with their MUSIC..

MY SHIP ISNT A LAUNDROMAT...  it should not charge me if I supply the materials, its not using the Gold/??? for part of the product..  it ends up I might as well buy it from the market, BUYING the BP for all the parts is like 80,000 the building it at least 20,000..  and I dont have to give those on the planet Anything...EXCEPT, they have PROTECTED GOODS you cant get unless you FARM AND PAY 10 times for it..Rather trade others for Plat.  or 50,000 to get the Zaw I want..NOT 500,000 and a high end BP.  that dont count the other 4 levels BEFORE I get the top access for the BP OR PARTS..

Go fishing for the best fish, you CANT...you aint got the bait..and you have to be high Tier, and PAY to get to the TIER, and PAY for everything else.

• Like 1

Le 27/02/2020 à 01:55, DragonDude3010 a dit :

It's a game, not a business simulator, please. Take a break and think about it for a good while.

well,

It is a business.  Using old ideals in a game.  Everything Costs you..  You are required to kill things to get enough points to advance, or take Forever mining, fishing and anything besides.  And those old enough to have played games Exactly like this design, generally quit after seeing it.  Restrictions that Slow you down to make the game last longer and longer.  trying to keep the players playing.  But after you figure out HOW it all works, it easy to see and focus on the parts needed, and soon you have a Good Frame, and a big gun and a few skills.  And you can March thru this game in a few months.

• Like 1

Math..

NOT counting all the money and goods required to get to Level to buy the Blue prints.

Buy 3 BP.

1x 20,000 to make Exec senti cores

2x 20,000 for H. Nyth and R. Sentium

then to use.

3x r. sentium 10,000

3x H. Nyth 10,000

2. Exec Sent core 5,000..

65,000 to make 2 jems..

Then 25,000 for the next 2..and all after that..

This is not a candy machine where I stick money it to it and hands me my Product.  I went out and farmed all the goods and parts and now it costs money to build it.

Go mine your Own diamonds then Cut gems out of them, and wonder if it was worth it..  You didnt pay for the machine to do the work..

You dont build your house, only to rent it??  do you??

Edited by ECACA
  • Like 1

This has always bugged me too. Tenno being treated as if they didn't have expenses and a life of their own to live. The way things are set up in-game, it makes a little more sense when you're dealing with Solaris as they're a resistance movement in greedy corpus territory trying to be secretive. Paying your way into their movement has a level of logic to it. The Ostrons however SPEAK as if they're treating you like mercenaries, but they don't ACT like it and interacting with them is really strange all 'round especially economically. Never mind the fact that they're destroying their only source of protection (the orokin tower) for it's meat and shiny gold bits when there is an abundant supply of food and shiny rocks in the immediate vicinity and through trade with Solarans and Corpus.

On 2020-02-17 at 7:30 PM, ECACA said:

When you spend all your rep to rank up, they at least have the courtesy to give you an item for free. So while it's a huge markup, you are at least getting something for the trouble of ranking up

On 2020-02-17 at 7:30 PM, ECACA said:

Did that 1 mission pay you back in bullets and ship damage??

Ammo you loot from the enemies is more than enough to make your inventory back. It would actually be pretty gauche to charge extra for ammo under those circumstances

Il y a 7 heures, TARINunit9 a dit :

When you spend all your rep to rank up, they at least have the courtesy to give you an item for free. So while it's a huge markup, you are at least getting something for the trouble of ranking up

Ammo you loot from the enemies is more than enough to make your inventory back. It would actually be pretty gauche to charge extra for ammo under those circumstances

Free??

Umm I psy them 100,000 to 500,000 and they give a gift worth, 10-20,000...YA, Would rather buy it, then pay for levels.