Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade prices getting lower

LordNero86

Sad to see the prices of primed frames and weapons are dropping lower and lower... a vaulted frame or good weapon used to have quite significant price.

For example:

Last night someone wtb mag prime set. I offered just 300p for it and he just ignored me. Then I checked wfmarket to see it has dropped to a measly 110-120p range. Quite disheartening tbh for me as I stockpiled quite a lot of vaulted relics, frames and weapons. Even still have some kubrow collars with me

Fyi I just came back from 1 year+ hiatus, was building my muscle memories and tried trading again just yesterday. It was quite a shock to me seeing the prices are that low now...

Idk, perhaps I'll stop trading for now as I still have a bank of 2000-ish plat. I do hope the price will get back up for vaulted items

• Like 2

it has to do with the supply of items an the number of players
as now its easyier to get prime parts as in the days of the void keys you had a large list of parts that could drop from them an now we have the relics that limit the volume of items we can farm for.

before ember prime got unvaulted her parts were costly an now there fraction of what they used to be

Yea... it's already hard enough finding wtb other than riven. When you found 1, the price wont match since they based it on 3rd party AH and they wont even at least attempt to haggle, just straight out ignore...

I can understand when the supply exceeds the demand but this is getting ridiculous... a vaulted item shouldn't get that low imo.. it defeats the whole purpose of vaulting when the price is near or the same with in-rotation items, sometime less

When I first started playing some years back, I had purchased Ember Prime for her then going rate of 1k plat since she was the last frame at that point I didnt have. She now goes for pennies. Yet, I never experienced buyer's remorse after seeing her price drop because by that point I had gotten my money's worth from running her and having a blast with it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, LordNero86 said:

Yea... it's already hard enough finding wtb other than riven. When you found 1, the price wont match since they based it on 3rd party AH and they wont even at least attempt to haggle, just straight out ignore...

I can understand when the supply exceeds the demand but this is getting ridiculous... a vaulted item shouldn't get that low imo.. it defeats the whole purpose of vaulting when the price is near or the same with in-rotation items, sometime less

A lot od it is based on the META.  Rare items and current meta items will go for the highest.

Most players won't care about the item being vaulted, just the stats and price. 

35 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Well, we have third party auction house  named wfmarket and that's the result. Now imagine if DE add auction house in the game like those people keep asking for if the price won't go lower than that

That isn't wfmarket's fault. Otherwise, why haven't rivens dropped to worthlessness? You can sell rivens and auction them there too.

Primed parts are worthless after unlocking them, and even their alternate use, ducats, still have a finite use to them. The only things really worth much are going to be maxed mods that take a lot of endo, or anything that's rarer, which are pretty much just rivens with good rolls, or anything new (see avionic prices initially).

Although even the "low" cost of primed parts is fine relative to how much items in the market cost, they are only "low" when you consider the cost of some rivens and are selling them specifically to buy rivens. Even other high cost items are still low when you consider the cost of rivens.

1 minute ago, Yamazuki said:

That isn't wfmarket's fault. Otherwise, why haven't rivens dropped to worthlessness? You can sell rivens and auction them there too.

Primed parts are worthless after unlocking them, and even their alternate use, ducats, still have a finite use to them. The only things really worth much are going to be maxed mods that take a lot of endo, or anything that's rarer, which are pretty much just rivens with good rolls, or anything new (see avionic prices initially).

Although even the "low" cost of primed parts is fine relative to how much items in the market cost, they are only "low" when you consider the cost of some rivens and are selling them specifically to buy rivens. Even other high cost items are still low when you consider the cost of rivens.

Because rivens are highly volatile in stats where you can get a godly stat roll where no one can beat it so it can be only one in the world while you can have duplicates of prime parts and people trying to make people buy theirs by lowering prices. Same with avionics

42 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Well, we have third party auction house  named wfmarket and that's the result. Now imagine if DE add auction house in the game like those people keep asking for if the price won't go lower than that

Exactly, WFmarket is a nice medium between normal tradechat trading and an auction house. IF we had a full WoW/EverQuest (or the like) AH then prices would be even lower.

3 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

Otherwise, why haven't rivens dropped to worthlessness

Actually some have. 

Melee rivens were considered trash usually selling at 5-10p a few months before melee 2.999/3.0, after the re-work melee rivens jumped to 25-30p.  Pistol rivens suffered after fortuna, and kitguns jumped to 40p-50p.  Now kitguns are down to 15p-20p and pistols (especially after nukor) are up to 30p+. Rifles have always been around 40p-50p and shotguns lately have been fluxing between 25p-40p (used to be 60p range for awhile). 

Prices will flux based on what is popular, and what is meta (they are separate believe it or not). However, frames will always change based on what they released. Ivara prime (like any new prime) was 400p+ day one on WFM, then steadily went down over the weeks to the 120-150p resting place she's at (and will stay at) now. 

Fluxes are normal, but they wouldn't happen nearly as much with an AH. 

• Like 4

Meh, tbfh vaulted stuff should be worth nothing still.  The Vault system disrupted the market and created artificial scarcity.  Mag Prime existed before this game was even on the first console to receive it, people should be handing her out free - not asking 300p.  From my point of view you should be rolling over drooling for the fact that somebody is willing to even pay 100 plat for a 7 year old Frame.  

Never agreed with DE on having vaults to begin with, their excuse was and always will be a poor one - so I'm not at all bothered by the artificial scarcity running its course.  Just my opinion but yeah, the fact these items were ever allowed to rise in price again is a symptom of a system/mechanic that shouldn't even exist, is predatory and based on FOMO, and effectively removes years old content from the game in a desperate bid to sell it again.  Vaults should be abolished in their totality.  

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z
  • Like 1

At most only 9 prime frames and their associated prime weapons/sentinels/archwings that come with them can be obtainable at any given time...meaning a large chunk of content is locked behind plat purchases...either by buying plat directly or earning plat through in game activities then buying a set of a prime item from someone

I have a feeling disruption now being a good place to farm for relics can be one of the reasons for prices to drop too...

1 hour ago, LordNero86 said:

Sad to see the prices of primed frames and weapons are dropping lower and lower... a vaulted frame or good weapon used to have quite significant price.

Quite disheartening tbh for me as I stockpiled quite a lot of vaulted relics, frames and weapons. Even still have some kubrow collars with me

"i stockpiled X and its now not an option for me to scrooge people"

Stuff is always only as valuable as people are willing to pay for it, you may not like it but the price going down is good for the people after the stuff and not rolling in money. Normally you see this type of whine when a Prime comes out for free on Twitch and suddenly some seller has their corner of the market dry up.

• Like 2

That's what happens when the only source of profit is newer players and an overabundance of product that you only need once.

And non-farmers can aquire 5+ sets alone of a frame just hunting for other things. 

DE has tried to sink spare parts into Baro, but the bulk of his wares are still only needed once. And the few disposable items have trash returns for the effort.

If older prime parts where needed for newer prime parts, that would have pushed the market for them much longer. But there is still a hard drop off eventually.

1 hour ago, AzureTerra said:

"i stockpiled X and its now not an option for me to scrooge people"

Stuff is always only as valuable as people are willing to pay for it, you may not like it but the price going down is good for the people after the stuff and not rolling in money. Normally you see this type of whine when a Prime comes out for free on Twitch and suddenly some seller has their corner of the market dry up.

Not really trying to scrooge people with these stockpile of mine, but to be fair, I honestly thought these vaulted ones will fetch a good price hence I put (what I think) reasonable price. Turns out it's not according to 3rd party AH.

I'm F2P too, so I lose nothing in when the price gets lower. I can still sell if I follow the "general" price listed in 3rd party AH. It's just it means it's going to be longer for sellers to acquire plats to get what they want. As a buyer though, this is the best time to buy since the price is so low and there will always be someone who undercuts other's listing in 3rd party AH and you can somewhat enforce those price in the ingame trade chat

Like it or not, imho, in game trade chat already in bad state (look at those rivens), already heavily influenced with 3rd party AH. 

Edited by LordNero86

the most expensive items these days are arcanes and rivens. with kuva being more available now, rivens prices are also seeing a drop. which is good, given the lowered plat value. 

you are better off farming 15-30p chunks by corrupted vault runs or eidolons hoping for that energize or grace to drop (glhf with that), or bulk buying rifle rivens hoping for rubico/fulmin/shedu/bramma or whatever the hype- and metaslaves are running these days. 

I noticed that after they vaulted rhino prime again his price didn't rise up fast enough and more and more prices began to keep getting lower and lower.
Some people traded prime frames for 20-30p ...this is idiotic, I just know that when the vaulted stock piles run out the real prices will stabilise. I hope...

1 час назад, vegetosayajin сказал:

Some people traded prime frames for 20-30p ...this is idiotic

I thought same when the price of Mag and some other bugframes was 20-50pl, before Prime Vault. Such nostalgia.

Warframe relied (relies) on trading with basically no information, driving speculation and "whatever price seems amusing right now."

But as Warframe.Market shows, if people actually talk about trading, items they have and/or want and what they're willing to spend, and keep records...then suddenly you find out that maybe these things aren't actually worth all that much anyway. Couple bucks real money at best for anything that isn't genuinely unique.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

9 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

Because, by definition unique items tend to have a higher demand than the supply. 

You don't need to drop your price, if there isn't anyone who can undercut you. 

Pretty simple concept really. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

I noticed that after they vaulted rhino prime again his price didn't rise up fast enough and more and more prices began to keep getting lower and lower.
Some people traded prime frames for 20-30p ...this is idiotic, I just know that when the vaulted stock piles run out the real prices will stabilise. I hope...

I often sell my stuff for much cheaper than the "true" value when I just want to get plat fast. I'm not anal about getting the absolute best possible price out of everything.