Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Umbra Forma or not to Umbra Forma? That's the question

(NSW)Feralheart

Question

8 answers to this question

I got 1 umbral forma on my wukong and to me it is worth it. The second one would improve the build a little bit, but not significant enough imo.
Wukong can benefit a lot from using the umbral mods, so the question is mostly how much you are going to use him.

Coincidentally, I asked something similar around here not too long ago, and as a rule of thumb most people would wholly recommend putting them on frames you use a lot right now since the Umbral mods are so good, but cost so heavily - and since then I've made a lot of progress and would wholly agree with that. So if you use Wukong Prime a lot, that'd be a perfect choice for sure.

I would still consider giving Warframe Builder a try though to see if Umbra Forma is 100% necessary for the build(s) you want, especially since you're only using 2 of 3 of the mods, but there's a near guarantee that, yeah, it still will be worth it (especially if you use any other expensive mods along with them too). You'll be saving a pretty damn hefty 8 capacity for each fully upgraded Umbra mod you Forma for.

Personally I put an Umbra Forma on my Oberon Prime recently (using all 3 Umbra mods in all builds I want), but honestly my long term goal is to put another on him just so I can max out my builds and also have more flexible builds in general (rather than putting Forma on every non-Umbra slot and being railroaded into certain choices). Even with 4 innately correct polarities, an Umbra Polarity and my Aura Slot matching, I reach 0 capacity with a mod slot still open.

So basically, if you don't want to do the planning ahead for your Wukong Prime to find out 100% how valuable Umbra Forma will be, just assume you'll need them and you'll be right more than 90% of the time. At the very worst you'll have more flexibility in what you put into your other slots.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Feralheart said:

@gluih and @(NSW)Conn1496 Thank you for your reply.

Wukong Prime is my main and I have two builds for him.
One is with 2/3 Umbral Mod and one with 3/3 Umbral Mod. But if I use the Umbral Forma, maybe I will use the 3/3 build more often.

If you use even one build with the full Umbral set, then there's absolutely no doubt it'll be worth it, especially on your main, and especially if you have a Prime. This is basically the same reasons I waited for Oberon Prime to use mine.

Trust me when I say the only time you'll ever regret this is if you have some kind of break-up with Wukong later down the line. lol But since Umbra Forma are dropping from Veil Proxima now (and you'll get there eventually if you aren't there already), Umbra Forma aren't even as limited as they used to be (Lotus bless), so at worst you'll be able to hold onto your Wukong Prime 'til he makes up for the Umbra Forma to make the transition to other frames with the Umbra set. --and again, that's the absolute worst case scenario.

Cannot recommend hopping on that Umbra Forma faster, given what you've said.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Feralheart said:

I have an Umbra Forma and I am thinking about using it on my Wukong Prime.
I'm using at least 2 from the 3 umbra mods in my build (Vitality and Intensify).

Is it worth it to use the Umbra Forma on Wukong Prime?

That depends on the build that you're going to use, and if you're going to include the prime version of mods.

For example, my "performance & survivability" build by @DeMonkey . As you can see, there are 2 umbra but no primed mods. However, you'll need to place a forma in the other slots to bring down their cost. 

aura - Steel Charge
exilus - Power Drift

Blind Rage
Narrow Minded
Adaptation
Hunter's Adrenaline (set)
Streamline
Umbral Vitality
Umbral Intensify
Primal Rage (aug)

2 minutes ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

That depends on the build that you're going to use, and if you're going to include the prime version of mods.

For example, my "performance & survivability" build by @DeMonkey . As you can see, there are 2 umbra but no primed mods. However, you'll need to place a forma in the other slots to bring down their cost. 

aura - Steel Charge
exilus - Power Drift

Blind Rage
Narrow Minded
Adaptation
Hunter's Adrenaline (set)
Streamline
Umbral Vitality
Umbral Intensify
Primal Rage (aug)

My 3 umbra build so far:

Aura - Steel Charge