Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is the Duviri Paradox?

40PE

Just watching the last devstream, and coming next is scarlet spear and deadlock protocol expansions... But wasn't Duviri Paradox in the works along with Empyrean? I would expect that to come out first no? Is that on hold or something? O.o

Edited by 40PE

Duviri Paradox to me is really far away. You really can't ask for Duviri if Railjack still needs fixes/squadlink (Wich is coming with operation scarlet spear) and the corpus expansion, void storms and so on...

We'll have to wait.

Edited by Zaruken

12 minutes ago, Asphyxxia said:

Duviri* Paradox. I'd rather wait for a polished update. There's The New War before that as well. No rush.

Sorry fixed thanks!

No rush, not what I'm saying. Just then you know development is development... When you do 3-4 expansions at once you tend to be having crazyness, as we saw in last quarter last year.

I would rather see them finishing what they started even though I'm not against all of the above expansions. The more the merrier. However would be good to highlight for Warframe devs to:

-take it slow and steady
-don't grab more what you can hold (or something)
-learn from past mistakes

Gerade eben schrieb 40PE:

Fine, however the above two expansion I've mentioned, does that part of it or just small side-expansions I wonder?

I think they are a build up to the new war which might feature RJ alot and the scarlet spear is the next step 

DE have DElayed nickname for good reason... I just wish that they are big company so that we don't have this problem... But instead we are more waiting for any big updates to happened in global build then time that we spend in the game... Because there is not much to play so in time we got this update we are becoming older and older, and then we just forget about this game that existi. Secretly waiting for a miracle to happened on this beautiful game... 

Edited by Vlada91

18 minutes ago, 40PE said:

Fine, however the above two expansion I've mentioned, does that part of it or just small side-expansions I wonder?

Insofar as I can tell, they're trying out a new release system (since bigger, albeit more hype-able releases have been failing for them recently) where they're going to be releasing the new war as a series of smaller events and updates that can be released much faster between them - so Scarlet Spear, which includes the Squad Link elements of Railjacks and the next parts of the story.

48 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Insofar as I can tell, they're trying out a new release system (since bigger, albeit more hype-able releases have been failing for them recently) where they're going to be releasing the new war as a series of smaller events and updates that can be released much faster between them - so Scarlet Spear, which includes the Squad Link elements of Railjacks and the next parts of the story.

Just like the old(er)expansions, with the new warframes, tied to a small story. Right, I approve that process. 😄

During the last TC they said its two years away, so I'd expect it to be three years(2.5 now). The time between major story content releases centered around your character has grown continuously, so its a safe bet to assume that trend will hold. Quests are one of the least profitable things DE can do.

TSD: December 2015

TWW: November 2016

TS: June 2018

TNW: (Probably) Q2/3 2020

DP: ~2023?

2 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

During the last TC they said its two years away, so I'd expect it to be three years(2.5 now). The time between major story content releases centered around your character has grown continuously, so its a safe bet to assume that trend will hold. Quests are one of the least profitable things DE can do.

TSD: December 2015

TWW: November 2016

TS: June 2018

TNW: (Probably) Q2/3 2020

DP: ~2023?

Given that they've swapped TNW from being a full quest to series of updates (this was announced a while ago). Which means TNW would be more accurate to say throughout the year - empyrean brought one part of it, Scarlet Spear's going to be another, and so forth. That's likely in direct response to this trend, since they have indicated that whilst unprofitable, they are relatively fun to do, which makes sense. 

If this works out well for them, I can see them repeating the pattern with Duviri Paradox, going for a slow-burn mystery with a number of in-game things relating to Duviri showing up prior to us actually visiting the 'Planes of Duviri'.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Given that they've swapped TNW from being a full quest to series of updates (this was announced a while ago). Which means TNW would be more accurate to say throughout the year - empyrean brought one part of it, Scarlet Spear's going to be another, and so forth. That's likely in direct response to this trend, since they have indicated that whilst unprofitable, they are relatively fun to do, which makes sense. 

If this works out well for them, I can see them repeating the pattern with Duviri Paradox, going for a slow-burn mystery with a number of in-game things relating to Duviri showing up prior to us actually visiting the 'Planes of Duviri'.

Sure, they might. I'll just keep my expectations in check. Yeah, its a free game and all, but I wouldn't mind spending more cash if it would go towards story. I mean Duviri will be important because without going through it we wont be able to defeat the sentients, and I'm sure DE wants to milk a sentient war in any way they can(which I approve of). I'll expect the NW to at the very least expand on the invasion mechanic that has been neglected and crippled over the years, to add sentients. I just hope they wont neuter the system like they did with the original invasions and solve the issues it presented in a way that adds to the gameplay, not removes from it.

Spear and paradox are events, not expansions.   Nowhere near as much work required to push out.

Duviri ?   My guess is many months, nov/dec this year at earliest, possibly into next year.

Unless de pull a real flanker of course and say it's dropping at tennocon.  I'd say there's more chance of an umbral forma dropping from a rare chest on the sentient ship though.