Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Share your Paracesis build(s)?

Canach

Question

I finally got Paracesis out of the oven and have begun leveling it - wanted to ask the community here how people have been building it.

I am currently using Tempo Royale, but also have Cleaving Whirlwind, below is my current plan for my primary build

1. Drifting Contact (combo count & status chance)
  2. Blood Rush (crit chance from combo count)
  3. Sacrificial Steel (crit chance)
  4. Sacrificial Pressure (damage)
  5. Organ Shatter (crit damage)
  6. Primed Fury (or Berzerker)
  7. Elemental damage - full or 60/60
  8. Elemental damage - full or 60/60

Please let me know your thoughts on this build plan, or share your own build(s), and also, how do you feel about Tempo Royale vs Cleaving Whirlwind?

Thanks!  :redveil: 

Edited by Canach

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Canach said:

I finally got Paracesis out of the oven and have begun leveling it - wanted to ask the community here how people have been building it.

I am currently using Tempo Royale, but also have Cleaving Whirlwind, below is my current plan for my primary build

1. Drifting Contact (combo count & status chance)
  2. Blood Rush (crit chance from combo count)
  3. Sacrificial Steel (crit chance)
  4. Sacrificial Pressure (damage)
  5. Organ Shatter (crit damage)
  6. Primed Fury (or Berzerker)
  7. Elemental damage - full or 60/60
  8. Elemental damage - full or 60/60

Please let me know your thoughts on this build plan, or share your own build(s), and also, how do you feel about Tempo Royale vs Cleaving Whirlwind?

Thanks!  :redveil: 

I didn't bother with the Umbra mods, since pressure is still under prime - even with the boost.

e4j0oGd.jpg

2 hours ago, (NSW)LeoStrik3rX said:

Also, DO NOT, waste those Umbra Formas on it

Sacrificial Pressure and Sacrificial Steel Together max out at +137.5% Damage, and +275% Crit Chance
Primed Pressure Point with Sacrificial Steel Together max out at +165% Damage, and +220% Crit Chance

True Steel only give +120% Crit Chance.

I think the +55% Crit for -23% Damage is basically a wash, but then you add 41% Sentient Bonus damage from the set, it become better to use them, as opposed to just Sacrificial Steel, but depending on how you consider the cost of 1 or 2 Umbra forma.  Definately worth noting.

EDIT:  I guess a bigger factor is the difficulty getting any of these Umbra Forma at all in the first place - pretty hard to come by. - didn't realize - had to wiki it to see there's almost no way to get more.

Edited by Canach

5 minutes ago, Canach said:

depending on how you consider the cost of 1 or 2 Umbra forma

Isn't the issue that once you forma the weapon 5 times to reach rank 40, there is no need to use an umbral forma since you'll have more than enough mod capacity to put all the mods you want on?  You don't need to match polarity for the umbral mods as long as your other polarities are reasonable. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Dr_Bruiser said:

Isn't the issue that once you forma the weapon 5 times to reach rank 40, there is no need to use an umbral forma since you'll have more than enough mod capacity to put all the mods you want on?  You don't need to match polarity for the umbral mods as long as your other polarities are reasonable. 

Thanks for the correction!

This has served me well over a lot of sentient ship runs those lvl 80 sentients melt like butter. Before melee 3.0 Cleaving whirlwind's Broken bull combo had a 3x damage multiplier on hit. No idea if that still holds after 3.0 but it's a fun combo to do either way.unknown.png?width=1133&height=373

Edited by EDM774

1 hour ago, Canach said:

Another Question - everyone (except me) seems to be using both Primed Fury AND Berzerker - I know the sword is slow without help, but are both mods really called for - I mean I can see 1 of the 2 earning a slot, but both?  

I'll answer this the way I see it: The other option I have for that slot is condition overload and on any other melee it'd be there, but since this is the Paracesis "The Sentient Slayer" AKA a weapon for a faction immune to status, I'd opt in for more speed which increases my overall DPS,  than a mod that doesn't work at all when I'm fighting against the faction this weapon was designed for. Also Melee 3.0 kinda butchered CO anyways so it's not as good as it used to be.

Edited by EDM774