Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please inroduce Anime style melee animations

DeAthRaD2

I really like playing games with sword and melee system of warframe if beyond comparison. But I woult really prefer if the brighten the shadow animation of melee in game. This can be explained with refernce to other games as shown in images. The new heavy melee system has brought this to reality but it is very slow.

Shadow melee in other games like DMC, Upcoming game lost soul aside (there are several other games such as code vein from which the image can be sourced but this should also explains my point)

mJoG5ZP.png3r7iHMi.pngDSstcBs.png

Shadow Melee of Our GamextrKKIe.jpg

I know come players will argue that this will create visual hinderence on affect their gameplay so one can provide opt in mechanics i.e. if they want they can turn it on or off.... 

[P.S. None of the image belong to me and sorry for bad quality image ]

They should give Warframe a deeply symbolic quest reminiscent to a deeply symbolic anime finale where you're confused about the whole point of the final episode and the anime.

Yeah, I saw Neon Genesis Evangelion (out of curiosity of Warframe!) and that last episode...

23 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

Warframe isn't an anime. It's a space opera. As such, it is equipped with space opera style melee. Like it or lose it, it doesn't matter.

Well, it IS, just not that kind of anime. It's more like Fullmetal Alchemist or Neon Genesis Evangelion in tone, and consequently, in visual style and presentation. Both anime do have big flashy moments, but they're a lot more reserved than some other anime.  Consider these fight exerpts from Sword art online:

Image result for sword art online fight gif

And Fullmetal Alchemist:

Image result for fullmetal alchemist fight gif

Or Neon Genesis Evangelion

Image result for neon genesis evangelion fight gif

FMA does have lightshows and flair, yes but SAO goes, as they say, 'even further beyond'. And Neon Genesis, whilst it does have some big flashy moments, seems to lean more towards this style from what I can find (I've not watched it). I believe SAO is the kind of thing that OP is referring to when they say 'Anime', whereas Warframe is closer to Fullmetal Alchemist or Evangelion in tone (IIRC, Evangelion has been cited as an inspiration as well).

That being said, the sword trails we have are what we've got. Most of those games feature more zoomed-out cameras, lock-on mechanics or other means to move to a better view if you have to. Warframe's Melee is built on third-person shooter mechanics and always has the player facing directly away from the camera, meaning you can't view things from another angle to get a better view. So the visuals are tuned to match so you have a chance to actually see what's going on. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

Warframe isn't an anime. It's a space opera. As such, it is equipped with space opera style melee. Like it or lose it, it doesn't matter.

Just out of intrest, how does space oppera, a sub genre based on exploration of interstellar space and leaning heavily upon interaction with / exploration of alien / exotic cultures and species, have a defined style of meele combat? (Planetary romance as popularised by E.R. Burrows I would give, as the other term he used for his work was 'sword and plannet'. Actually Warframe leans more upon Barsoom than startrek in a lot of ways, anchent cultures from which we had a fall, exotic powers, anacronistic prevalance on meele weapons, and a smaller lower key scale with events confined to a single planetary system.)

For that matter you'd be hard pressed to find any shared comonalities in meele combat as shown across the range of anime between Dragon ball and Hybanae Renmei.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeAthRaD2 said:

I really like playing games with sword and melee system of warframe if beyond comparison. But I woult really prefer if the brighten the shadow animation of melee in game. This can be explained with refernce to other games as shown in images. The new heavy melee system has brought this to reality but it is very slow.

Shadow melee in other games like DMC, Upcoming game lost soul aside (there are several other games such as code vein from which the image can be sourced but this should also explains my point)

Shadow Melee of Our Game

I know come players will argue that this will create visual hinderence on affect their gameplay so one can provide opt in mechanics i.e. if they want they can turn it on or off.... 

[P.S. None of the image belong to me and sorry for bad quality image ]

Hell no... Last thing we need is Warframe looking like those Anime/Chinese hack`n`slash games with overly exaggerated attacks.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

You may be better off playing an anime style game..

This ↑

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, realmzjetter said:

"onee-chan"

Well as much as i would like to see your madam penant or lady tatsu saying quoted words while going up some corpus or greneer (no offence) 😄 😄

I was just suggesting to bring back existing melee animation which was present for melee 2.0. The channeling action provides a similar shdow effect but with its removal the has been limited to heavy attacks. I guess people really hated old melee animations 😞

melee 2.0

aRmNwn3.png

[p.s. pic not  owned by me but cliped from youtube]