Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do kuva weapons gain stats when rank 40?

PenderTheTyrant

Question

14 answers to this question

On 2020-02-18 at 11:38 AM, (PS4)Apoleon_amarr said:

I will assume that this thread is not solved yet, to answer your question: they do not get  additional bonus or secret passive skills after reaching rank 40, only mod capacity

From what I've seen, it's polarity for forma and capacity from catalysts. I think the stats stay the same from max rank (which I think is super cool)

MagusRom,

Adding a forma makes a mod-slot have a polarity, that much is true.

You however forget that once a mod-slot has a polarity that any mod that fits that polarity will only take half the amount of what it else would take of the capacity.

So when you add for instance a 12 capacity mod it will only take 6 capacity. There for putting in forma DOES improve the capacity of the weapon.

In fact, after 5 forma chances are that you'll notice that the weapon can hold all the best mods for that weapon without having put in a catalyst at all.

• Like 1

NO!

For me, it seems DE testing how smart their players are and how far they can push that with some dumb pointless thing you have to do if you want a little bit of MR points and see if nobody complains about it.

Paracesis gain something, Kuva weapons gain nothing since you can most of the time fit all mods + riven in a normal 30 Capacity + cata weapon. Except for Melee with Sacri mods.

Edited by MPonder

Short answer: No.

Short answer + short opinion: No, but they really should.

Long answer: Just like Paracesis they gain extremely high mod capacity and grant more mastery points. But there is nothing akin to the Paracesis sentient damage bonus for levels 31-39 and no capstone ability like Paracesis gaining sentient damage reset.

Long opinion: I think it's ridiculous that they have 40 levels but gain no abilities at those levels. Some time back I suggested several reasonable options for interesting but non-game-breaking additions at the extra levels but nothing ever came of it.

Edited by rstripn
  • Like 1