Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I Forma My Soma?

StanicEnemy

Question

22 answers to this question

Soma is good enough to Forma so why not?
IF you hava a ammo mutation mod that is the S#&$, otherwise use burst fire when attacking, switch to secondary/melee from time to time. Equip a +ammo mod. Get Carrier and let it pick up ammo for you if you miss pickups.

For me, I use Rank 0 CryoRounds and Rank 2 Ammo Mutation and everything fits without a forma (only R8 serration).

If I level serration to 10 I'll get the forma and max out cryo rounds too, but for now a little extra cold damage doesnt seem worth it.

Edited by Darzk

You need 3 forma on Soma. In total, you should have 4 V polaries and 1 line.

This is enough to fit maxed out the basic 6:

Vital sense

Hammershot

Split chamber

Serration

Point strike

Piercing hit (Yes, piercing hit is a must-have especially against level 100-130s)

Plus 2 other mods of your choice. Shred is a good one (goes through dead bodies, which is a HUGE plus), and I switch between Stormbringer and Hellfire for corpus/grinner and infested.

Edited by Trainer772

Is the extra crit damage from Hammershot (Yeah I see that 60% rating) necessary? Not sure if overkill, but I've only recently picked up my own Soma. Was thinking about slotting Shred for utility into the cookie cutter build since I don't have Hammershot. Never done a T3 mission yet too, so I'm unfamiliar with higher level enemies.

Is the extra crit damage from Hammershot (Yeah I see that 60% rating) necessary? Not sure if overkill, but I've only recently picked up my own Soma. Was thinking about slotting Shred for utility into the cookie cutter build since I don't have Hammershot. Never done a T3 mission yet too, so I'm unfamiliar with higher level enemies.

Its 60% times the base crit multiplier, which is 300%. So its +180% damage on a crit, or ~+150% damage overall. Basically the equivalent of a Rank 9 Serration. So yes, its necessary.

It's not necessary but it's a huge help in spraying down groups of level 120s. Otherwise the soma wrecks with or without it. If possible, use both Shred and Hammer shot, since Shred will replace the need for speed trigger and help you tear through dead bodies. If you don't have hammershot, add an elemental but it will scale less.

btw, hammershot is a 1% nightmare mode drop. Have fun getting it.

You need 3 forma on Soma. In total, you should have 4 V polaries and 1 line.

This is enough to fit maxed out the basic 6:

Vital sense

Hammershot

Split chamber

Serration

Point strike

Piercing hit (Yes, piercing hit is a must-have especially against level 100-130s)

Plus 2 other mods of your choice. Shred is a good one (goes through dead bodies, which is a HUGE plus), and I switch between Stormbringer and Hellfire for corpus/grinner and infested.

For the last 2 mods I would go for the ammo mutation one and for the Cyro one instead of Shred, but that's just me...

Soma has a few builds but the unlimited ammo one needs the least effort.

3V 1-

Serration (V)

Split Chamber (V)

Shred (V)

AP (-)

Hammer shot

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Ammo mutation.

Exactly, Shred can be substituted with anything also (i've put in the 3 setups the 3 faction's mods for example)