Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
  • 1

Ideal attack speed for Wukong's Iron Staff?


TheLyricAinu
 Share

Question

I'm currently learning how to use Wukong, and my main issue is how to build his Iron Staff. I'll figure that part out mostly on my own, but I really do need ask; what's the best attack speed I can grab before I stop being able to use combos without button mashing like I do right now? I found his staff too clunky and slow at base, and being the speed fanatic I am, I put literally every single attack speed mod on. Primed Fury, Berserker, Gladiator Vice, and Quickening, so without Berserker procced, it has a speed of 2.25. Then it procs, and... well, I just let my twin go ham because there's no way I'm gonna be of any use with how I can't even chain combos lol.

So yeah. Advice?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
11 minutes ago, Shylo50 said:

I'm currently learning how to use Wukong, and my main issue is how to build his Iron Staff. I'll figure that part out mostly on my own, but I really do need ask; what's the best attack speed I can grab before I stop being able to use combos without button mashing like I do right now? I found his staff too clunky and slow at base, and being the speed fanatic I am, I put literally every single attack speed mod on. Primed Fury, Berserker, Gladiator Vice, and Quickening, so without Berserker procced, it has a speed of 2.25. Then it procs, and... well, I just let my twin go ham because there's no way I'm gonna be of any use with how I can't even chain combos lol.

So yeah. Advice?

instead of going for attack speed might I suggest going for combo duration and putting on a blood rush along with the berserker mod?  attack speed isn't everything after all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

It really depend, the limit vary depending on your personnal skill, your keybinding, your setup (keyboard or mouse depending on where is the binding) and maybe (not 100% of this one) your fps if they are really low, something below 30.

Outside of this, you don't feel any limit you're better using both Primed Fury and Berserker for attack speed, nothing or nothing more since they both stack mutliplicatively and you're better invest in other useful mods. Check this for a more informations on what can be useful. It might vary depending on what is aviable on exalted weapons :

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Okay now I need to search up builds 'cuz clearly I'm building mine the wrong way if it oneshots level 100s xD

Thanks though. I do think my FPS can be an issue, but only because my internet isn't the best. When I'm solo it's fine. I'm gonna check out that thread you mentioned too @lukinu_u. Thanks to both of ya!

Also keep up the good work with the Mithra series lukinu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 hours ago, Docholm said:

instead of going for attack speed might I suggest going for combo duration and putting on a blood rush along with the berserker mod?  attack speed isn't everything after all

and just now seeing this since I was afk. Yeah, I was considering that... but I have #*!%all for credits since it's constantly being spent and I don't do sortie daily like I should be. I'll keep that in mind though. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 2020-02-18 at 7:42 PM, Shylo50 said:

and just now seeing this since I was afk. Yeah, I was considering that... but I have #*!%all for credits since it's constantly being spent and I don't do sortie daily like I should be. I'll keep that in mind though. Thanks!

do you have index unlocked? if so run it a couple times in high risk to get a but load of creds, kinda dull but gets the job done

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

In general for melee weapons I find anything much over 2.5 is too fast to use effectively without binding my mouse wheel to melee attack.

For Wukong's staff I just use Berserker and Primed Fury. If I didn't have Primed Fury I would use Quickening instead and -maybe- also Gladiator Vice.

Wukong staff is too good of a crit weapon to use all your spaces on speed mods. Gotta have room for Sacrificial Steel, Organ Shatter, and Gladiator Might, in addition to standard damage mods.

o.m.g. I'm gonna have to change half my melee builds once bosses can have statuses on them in order to fit Condition Overload.

Edited by rstripn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...