Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Amalgam" Frames

Nature5961

The idea here is that blueprints drop from enemies at random that use 2-3 warframes and a variable amount of orokin cells, depending on the frames involved, to make a new warframe with synergistic abilities based on the warframes used for construction but with their own passive that is suited to them. This is based on an even more ridiculous idea that would be one massively amalgamated frame that is always invulnerable that was built using blueprints that eventually use every available warframe as a material...(never going to happen). Please reply with what you think and any possible amalgam frame ideas you may have.

Edited by Nature5961

FrameS, no. However, since Alad V uses warframe, multiples, to make his zanuka, I could see him creating his own idea of a warframe using amalgam technology. 

Like maybe he created some Amalgam Zanukas, and one of them was made from some shape shifting warframe that was able to turn back into a new frame but with fractured memories of his and others’ pasts. After the Tenno recurs him and “take away his pain” he accept his new identity with a burning hatred for Alad V. 

And basically he is simply a shape shifting frame that can turn into a Zanuka like some kind of werewolf. And he has amalgam type upgrades. Maybe he could have some sort of Adaptation like passive or ability similar to the mod itself. Maybe his fourth ability he turns into an amalgam Zanuka and shreds enemies. Almost like a male version of Valkyr. 

But DE making a whole new breed of warframes, yeah I don’t think they’ll ever do that. The primes and possible umbras are the most they may do. Otherwise we would have prismas by now. 

People got to understand the origin of the frames and how they came to exist in order to figure out how new ones could be made. Which is why I try to give my concepts origins that make sense based on what I’ve seen and heard so far.

• Like 1

For a second I thought you meant a Warframe made using stolen Amalgam technology rather than an amalgamation of existing Frame parts.

I think Revenant (and possibly Wisp) is kinda our current "Sentient" Frame for now, and if we were to have a customized Frame I feel like that would be more of an Infestation thing; like we'd have to find BP's and materials in some kind of Infested open-world to craft a modular Infested golem we can still Transference into to use as a sort of "custom" Warframe, which even then would have its own limited options for ability sets and base stat trade-off parts.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cobalt313 said:

For a second I thought you meant a Warframe made using stolen Amalgam technology rather than an amalgamation of existing Frame parts.

I think Revenant (and possibly Wisp) is kinda our current "Sentient" Frame for now, and if we were to have a customized Frame I feel like that would be more of an Infestation thing; like we'd have to find BP's and materials in some kind of Infested open-world to craft a modular Infested golem we can still Transference into to use as a sort of "custom" Warframe, which even then would have its own limited options for ability sets and base stat trade-off parts.

Well alad V did torture Valkyr and made zanukas from other warframes. I wouldn’t be surprised if he made his own idea of a warframe. Maybe one that is similar between Valkyr and Revenant. Revenant isn’t your typical warframe compared to the others. Probably say something like “now Tenno. Time to meet your... match.” 

My idea for a grineer styled frame would be something like he was a war machine that became severely injured and the grineer captured him, upgraded him with grineer cybernetics and arsenals, and brainwashed him into serving them. But the grineer creating their own warframe would exactly make since considering the warframes’ origins. 

Something tells me that Nidus was probably the very first attempt of making a warframe which mutated and became more infested. Could see his prime or rather Derelict version revealing that he was the first. And basically he was locked away in the abandoned orokin city known as Derelict. And practically forgotten. 

But other than some creation of Alad V or some sick experimented upgrades on some other unknown frame, I don’t see any other possible way for an amalgam frame to even exist outside their typical origin. Could even have a deluxe skin showing how they originally looked before all the experiments, similar to Valkyr’s deluxe before all the torturing. 

you say "Amalgam" Frames and all I can envision in my head is the hunchback of Notre dame flailing into the battlefield,

A butter-faced only a mother could love ungodly creation of flailing death and destruction, which sure. why the hell not right?

we need ourselves some truly unfashionable frames for that ugly-Betty build we know you've been dreaming of, melting the faces of the enemy like in raiders of the lost ark.

22 hours ago, MakeLuvNotWerFrame said:

you say "Amalgam" Frames and all I can envision in my head is the hunchback of Notre dame flailing into the battlefield,

A butter-faced only a mother could love ungodly creation of flailing death and destruction, which sure. why the hell not right?

we need ourselves some truly unfashionable frames for that ugly-Betty build we know you've been dreaming of, melting the faces of the enemy like in raiders of the lost ark.

Well at first all the frames were decent fit like builds. Then someone requested a fat frame, I may have thrown in ideas for all 4 abilities(which is what Grendel has), and the frame came to exist. Maybe we could have a frame that doesn’t follow your typical well formed bone structure design like the others. 

Maybe this frame has always had issues with his looks. Like people just didn’t like how somewhat deformed he was. Maybe he has large arms with a hunch back. Sort of a gorilla stance. Maybe he was a loner due to how people treated him. So he kept to himself.

Maybe his passive causes enemies who get too close to run away in fear. Maybe like a 10% chance. Pretty tanky but lacks in speed due to his deformity. Probably uses extreme brute force. Such as grabbing enemies, crushing them, then throwing them like a ball into other enemies. Basically looks like a deformed brute, runs like a deformed brute, and fights like a deformed brute. Maybe he uses an exalted hammer that he can knock enemies flying with. Or can enhance the physical impact of weapons. Usually we get warframes that adds elemental or just pure damage. Does things like double fist slams the ground causing it to leave a long trail crack where enemies fall into it similar to hydroid, and leaves them vulnerable to finishers. 

Now having an Amalgam origin could be a decent way to explain how he ended up looking the way he does. And the sentient technology would explain why a Warframe who doesn’t share the same infested armored origin like the others, ended up being somewhat sentient like them. Could add onto the lore where the Tenno is confused by how warped the frame’s mind is as well as his body. But none the less the Tenno chooses not to abandoned him. After all the frames are a complicated “specimen” and no doubt Alad V could make one of his own but maybe deformed with the Amalgam enhancements. 

God, you got me picturing like a dozen new enemies purely amalgam. One of them being an Amalgam Zanuka Hunter that has an adaption like passive similar to the Adaption mod. Not a perfect adaption like regular sentients but it can be annoying having to switch weapons over and over. And since shadow Stalker replaces regular stalker, Amalgam Zanuka Hunter could replace the regular Zanuka Hunter once that quest is completed. Can see Alad V saying something like “New and improved. This one won’t be so easy as before, Betrayers!”. But the rest would look like Amalgam Infested with the way they look. Like maybe they are flawed specimens that were locked away. Be almost like the corpus version of Ghouls. Could see part of the quest where you walk into some strange lab where they get released and Alad V is like “oops, wrong button. Hehehe”. And along the way you eventually find the new frame. 

Man, I can’t get Alad V’s voice out of my head. 

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins
  • Like 1