Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Prime Vault 27.1.2

[DE]Megan

On 2020-02-24 at 4:38 AM, Slayer-. said:

DE should just add an escape pod capsule somewhere on the ship so if a player needs to leave at the end of a mission they can go and press a button to get into an escape capsule and it goes through an eject sequence of leaving the ship and takes you back to the Dojo.

As long as you don't get to take any loot with you, because that would make everything (even) worse again.

Players joining missions, doing their own thing (galleon, sentient ship, getting "their drop"...) and then leaving the rest of the squad in the lurch and escapepodding away. 

Addition: Didn't read carefully enough and didn't notice that you wrote "at the end of mission". That would of course make "escapepodding away WITH the loot" completely acceptable. Apologies.

I'm at odds here.  The lack of communication likely means that they think Railjack and Liches are good enough.  That's likely a function of finally listening to players and making the RNG of Liches less utter garbage.

At the same time, all of these "fixes" seem to be about as effective as patching a broken bone with a lattice of silly string.

Railjack still sucks pretty hard.  I haven't power farmed, but did get up to 8 in all categories.  Despite this I have 1 Predator avionic, 1 Void Hole, 1 Munitions Vortex, and 2 Void Cloaks.  Even with a 100-90 reactor I have 3-4 slots which can't be populated (2 of them having inferior avionics because it's the only cost which can be supported).

If you get past that, There are so many bugs.  Artillery can be unusable because of visuals, the black on turrets still happens, projectiles can still infinitely track archwings, flying anything but Amesha is instant death, cloaking Itzal doesn't prevent enemies from straight up shooting through the cloak, and the hangs at the end of mission are just painful.

Enemy scaling is stupid.  This isn't challenging, it's functionally limiting any participation to meta weaponry.  An enemy with 98% damage reduction due to armor and a huge health pool isn't a challenge, it's a frustration.

Animations suck.  You obviously add them for the rule of cool.  The 3 second invincibility is not working proper, I've been killed in animations more than anywhere else (entering anything gives you a 3-6 second period to eat a ton of damage, and spawn into something dead).  The charge-up on artillery, along with the avionics requirements, seems to push for using archwings, but the animations mean you're inviting death any time that you aren't using the launcher and teleporting back.  If you decide to make another band-aide style mod, similar to Natural Talent, it's not fixing anything.  This is Zephyr and turbulence all over again, despite about 18 months of hype.  Please, I want to do a thing, not press a button and pray that stupidly scaled enemies don't murder me while I'm waiting for a goof hand waving animation. 

But we've been promised modular archwing, more factions, and   integration.  Yeah, I call shenanigans.  

Let's round out what bare bones fixes could change things.

1) Drop the reactors current stupidity.  It's not a question of capacity versus flux, because flux can be fabricated.  The question is how many compromises you need to make to fit decent avionics.  If you want to balance this have reactors control flux versus weaponry recharge.  This gives us a balancing act between the turrets and powers.  You then effectively pit powers and crafting being more powerful and costly, versus turrets being stupid simple but less effective and costly.

2) Grid upgrades control what can be plopped into them, rather than capacity.  This one is pretty simple, you always have access to base mods.  Upgrade to 3 and you can slot in Zetki.  This is both gating progress, and allowing people to either be generalists or focus on getting a single powerful avionic.  Once the grind is done, you can unlock everything and build a railjack toward a function rather than the current mediocre fight to get a good drop and subsequent fight to not just slap in Void Hole and Munitions Vortex and give zero attention to anything else because the meta is just that garbage.  As far as support and attack, neither have houses.  Harmonize all to the same upgrade capacity, and segregate by this.  0 is basic grid, 1-2 is 1, 3-4 is 2, and 5-6 upgrades is a grid value 3.

3) More invincibility while transitioning.  The argument is that this will be abused to hit-and-run enemies to avoid death.  The fix is easy, invincibility starts when a transition state does and lasts 4 seconds from load.  It cannot stack, or be refreshed, but is a silent buff.  People trying to spam it will get stomped, because the extended animations you insist on will offer enemies plenty of time to kill them.  Those jumping out to do something aren't impacted, and you don't have to fix your load times or the useless flourishes of the current system.

4) Automatic chaff on archwings.  It deploys a per unit jamming field that will force any projectiles homing in on them to lose lock every 5 seconds.  This will remove the ability for shots from across the map to kill you, but short range or dumb fire projectiles can still ruin your day.  Lore justify with a small EM disruptor, which on a much larger ship would cause damages.  Bam, enemy projectiles are now much fairer.  Archwing is still a death sentence in high fire areas, but you can't be murdered by an enemy who you outran four minutes ago.

5) Fix scaling.  Cheese is the response to a bullet sponge, not challenge.  This is why the Ivara/Loki farms existed.  You set a power function to define progress, so people found a way to wring out experience at a minimum time investment.  Perhaps maybe start with "x is fun" and finish with "x will reward y" rather than "let's set y high enough to make purchases a good idea, and release half baked to cover a holiday."  This is the first time the Acolytes have returned, and I have zero concern about them.  That's pretty bad, when they used to be something to draw the community back in.  

As a side note, kudos on Primed Chamber.  That was one heck of a bold move, even if it costs as much as 2 and change Paracesis.  It's nice to see you destroy the value of these mods, given how many times people were using them as platinum earners.  It's interesting to see you willing to bring it back, keep the price too high for any newbies, and once those that ground for it actually tried they discovered it was less useful than much cheaper stuff (Rolling Guard or Adaptation anyone?).  I can't decide whether this is genuine fortitude, or a way to generate PR to bring people back.  Either way, it was a heck of a lot of fun to watch people lose their minds over nothing.

I just dont see any reason to wait for operation scarlet spear just to get 1 weapon with no real use just like shedu so de I suggest give us at least 3 weapons other then a terrible assault rifle since we already have one that being shedu so either buff shedu greatly on all stats or keep it in its garbage state indefinitely also de you have exactly 19 days till we expect the next prime access without any of your delays like last year with the extra month equinox got so for the love of god release each access every 90 days not every 91 or 103 every 90 days with real prime buffs not jokes 

On 2020-02-23 at 7:47 PM, master_of_destiny said:

The one word argument for this is Atomos.  If you increase the range on it you can increase the potential damage in a non-trivial manner.

FALSE.  What is the numerical quantity of "increased damage" an Atomos gains solely with Ruinous Extension?  ZERO:  It delivers exactly the same DPS to the same number of chained enemies as without it, just at a safer range for solo players, allowing itself an expanded use-case and/or additional role for the more deliberate, tactical Tenno.  Please see the definition of "utility".

Starting an essay with an assertion this flat-out wrong is how you get your whole TED Talk cancelled.

14 hours ago, warmastercain said:

I just dont see any reason to wait for operation scarlet spear just to get 1 weapon with no real use just like shedu so de I suggest give us at least 3 weapons other then a terrible assault rifle since we already have one that being shedu so either buff shedu greatly on all stats or keep it in its garbage state indefinitely also de you have exactly 19 days till we expect the next prime access without any of your delays like last year with the extra month equinox got so for the love of god release each access every 90 days not every 91 or 103 every 90 days with real prime buffs not jokes 

Build the Shedu right it works well, mine is great at what it does, what were you expecting a weapon to clear a whole footy field or something.

3 hours ago, BabaPambazuka said:

FALSE.  What is the numerical quantity of "increased damage" an Atomos gains solely with Ruinous Extension?  ZERO:  It delivers exactly the same DPS to the same number of chained enemies as without it, just at a safer range for solo players, allowing itself an expanded use-case and/or additional role for the more deliberate, tactical Tenno.  Please see the definition of "utility".

Starting an essay with an assertion this flat-out wrong is how you get your whole TED Talk cancelled.

Do you even understand what the atomos is?  It hits one enemy, and then extends to others over an area to chain.  Go visit the wiki.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Atomos

If my range increases I can hit more enemies.  There's an equation to represent the damage:

" A chain will do 0.75n(n+1)/2 times the main beam's damage, where n is the chain number."

Note that a greater area means more potential values n.  More n means more damage.  If this was a single target beam weapon I'd agree that I was wrong, but the chain effect is what screws up the "utility only" part of this mod.

Your only argument would be that the total number of enemies influenced is capped.  The problem is you started by not understanding why I chose the atomos, so that argument was not a possibility.  For the record, it's answer is the same logic as running a weapon that doesn't have 100% status or 100%+ crit.  Yes, instantaneous damage may not always be higher but total output is increased.

Ever since this update Ive been getting frame drops in menus.  This only seems to happen in menus outside of missions, eg: Orbiter, Star Chart.  Ive havent noticed frame drops during missions or in locations like Dojo, Relays, etc.  The frame drops are brief but drop from the 100 - 200 range down to as low as 25 FPS. 

On 2020-02-26 at 12:10 PM, master_of_destiny said:

I'm at odds here.  The lack of communication likely means that they think Railjack and Liches are good enough.  That's likely a function of finally listening to players and making the RNG of Liches less utter garbage.

At the same time, all of these "fixes" seem to be about as effective as patching a broken bone with a lattice of silly string.

Railjack still sucks pretty hard.  I haven't power farmed, but did get up to 8 in all categories.  Despite this I have 1 Predator avionic, 1 Void Hole, 1 Munitions Vortex, and 2 Void Cloaks.  Even with a 100-90 reactor I have 3-4 slots which can't be populated (2 of them having inferior avionics because it's the only cost which can be supported).

If you get past that, There are so many bugs.  Artillery can be unusable because of visuals, the black on turrets still happens, projectiles can still infinitely track archwings, flying anything but Amesha is instant death, cloaking Itzal doesn't prevent enemies from straight up shooting through the cloak, and the hangs at the end of mission are just painful.

Enemy scaling is stupid.  This isn't challenging, it's functionally limiting any participation to meta weaponry.  An enemy with 98% damage reduction due to armor and a huge health pool isn't a challenge, it's a frustration.

Animations suck.  You obviously add them for the rule of cool.  The 3 second invincibility is not working proper, I've been killed in animations more than anywhere else (entering anything gives you a 3-6 second period to eat a ton of damage, and spawn into something dead).  The charge-up on artillery, along with the avionics requirements, seems to push for using archwings, but the animations mean you're inviting death any time that you aren't using the launcher and teleporting back.  If you decide to make another band-aide style mod, similar to Natural Talent, it's not fixing anything.  This is Zephyr and turbulence all over again, despite about 18 months of hype.  Please, I want to do a thing, not press a button and pray that stupidly scaled enemies don't murder me while I'm waiting for a goof hand waving animation. 

But we've been promised modular archwing, more factions, and   integration.  Yeah, I call shenanigans.  

Let's round out what bare bones fixes could change things.

1) Drop the reactors current stupidity.  It's not a question of capacity versus flux, because flux can be fabricated.  The question is how many compromises you need to make to fit decent avionics.  If you want to balance this have reactors control flux versus weaponry recharge.  This gives us a balancing act between the turrets and powers.  You then effectively pit powers and crafting being more powerful and costly, versus turrets being stupid simple but less effective and costly.

2) Grid upgrades control what can be plopped into them, rather than capacity.  This one is pretty simple, you always have access to base mods.  Upgrade to 3 and you can slot in Zetki.  This is both gating progress, and allowing people to either be generalists or focus on getting a single powerful avionic.  Once the grind is done, you can unlock everything and build a railjack toward a function rather than the current mediocre fight to get a good drop and subsequent fight to not just slap in Void Hole and Munitions Vortex and give zero attention to anything else because the meta is just that garbage.  As far as support and attack, neither have houses.  Harmonize all to the same upgrade capacity, and segregate by this.  0 is basic grid, 1-2 is 1, 3-4 is 2, and 5-6 upgrades is a grid value 3.

3) More invincibility while transitioning.  The argument is that this will be abused to hit-and-run enemies to avoid death.  The fix is easy, invincibility starts when a transition state does and lasts 4 seconds from load.  It cannot stack, or be refreshed, but is a silent buff.  People trying to spam it will get stomped, because the extended animations you insist on will offer enemies plenty of time to kill them.  Those jumping out to do something aren't impacted, and you don't have to fix your load times or the useless flourishes of the current system.

4) Automatic chaff on archwings.  It deploys a per unit jamming field that will force any projectiles homing in on them to lose lock every 5 seconds.  This will remove the ability for shots from across the map to kill you, but short range or dumb fire projectiles can still ruin your day.  Lore justify with a small EM disruptor, which on a much larger ship would cause damages.  Bam, enemy projectiles are now much fairer.  Archwing is still a death sentence in high fire areas, but you can't be murdered by an enemy who you outran four minutes ago.

5) Fix scaling.  Cheese is the response to a bullet sponge, not challenge.  This is why the Ivara/Loki farms existed.  You set a power function to define progress, so people found a way to wring out experience at a minimum time investment.  Perhaps maybe start with "x is fun" and finish with "x will reward y" rather than "let's set y high enough to make purchases a good idea, and release half baked to cover a holiday."  This is the first time the Acolytes have returned, and I have zero concern about them.  That's pretty bad, when they used to be something to draw the community back in.  

As a side note, kudos on Primed Chamber.  That was one heck of a bold move, even if it costs as much as 2 and change Paracesis.  It's nice to see you destroy the value of these mods, given how many times people were using them as platinum earners.  It's interesting to see you willing to bring it back, keep the price too high for any newbies, and once those that ground for it actually tried they discovered it was less useful than much cheaper stuff (Rolling Guard or Adaptation anyone?).  I can't decide whether this is genuine fortitude, or a way to generate PR to bring people back.  Either way, it was a heck of a lot of fun to watch people lose their minds over nothing.

Yes. Yes, yes. Oh and uhh yes. 

Archived