Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron Redone

Valiran

We all know how the Snipetron was removed in update 8 to make room for the Lanka.  We also know that the two weapons appear nearly identical from a visual standpoint.  To folks who still have Snipetrons from before U8 came around, it can feel like owning what is essentially two copies of the same weapon.  Three, if they earned the Vandal model during the Informer event.

What I propose is that we bring the Snipetron back, but give it a different appearance that still gels with the Braton and Burston.  Maybe something like these:

http://arkiniano.deviantart.com/art/Ghost-Rifle-128749726

http://count-one.deviantart.com/art/SA-equipment-Sniper-Rifle-146403791

http://jimsvanberg.deviantart.com/art/Clan-Arena-Sniper-concept01-70633672

This has been done before with the Boltor, which originally used the Braton model as a placeholder until DE finished the awesome Tyranid-esque "weaponized spinal column" model it has today.  This would serve as a way to bring back the snipetron, letting new players get their hands on one, while giving people who already own one to play with a visually distinctive weapon instead of the Lanka's older twin brother.

Let me know your thoughts on this matter.  If enough people approve, DE might implement it in a future update.

Edited by Valiran

We all know how the Snipetron was removed in update 8 to make room for the Lanka.  We also know that the two weapons appear nearly identical from a visual standpoint.  To folks who still have Snipetrons from before U8 came around, it can feel like owning what is essentially two copies of the same weapon.  Three, if they earned the Vandal model during the Informer event.

What I propose is that we bring the Snipetron back, but give it a different appearance that still gels with the Braton and Burston.  Maybe something like these:

<Figures here>

This has been done before with the Boltor, which originally used the Braton model as a placeholder until DE finished the awesome Tyranid-esque "weaponized spinal column" model it has today.  This would serve as a way to bring back the snipetron, letting new players get their hands on one, while giving people who already own one to play with a visually distinctive weapon instead of the Lanka's older twin brother.

Let me know your thoughts on this matter.  If enough people approve, DE might implement it in a future update.

The Snipetron was removed due to lore (i.e. Corpus were not meant to fire bullets from their weapons). Unless the devs change their minds, there's no way to re-implement the Snipetron into the game. Thus, people have aimed to change the Lanka's model, except most people consider the Lanka the "upgraded/modernized" Snipetron...

The Snipetron was removed due to lore (i.e. Corpus were not meant to fire bullets from their weapons). Unless the devs change their minds, there's no way to re-implement the Snipetron into the game. Thus, people have aimed to change the Lanka's model, except most people consider the Lanka the "upgraded/modernized" Snipetron...

You misunderstand me.  The Lanka is the Corpus sniper rifle.  The Snipetron would be the Tenno's basic sniper rifle in the same manner as the Braton is the basic Tenno assault rifle.

Using an artist's images from deviantART without the creator's permission is frowned upon, and can be considered plagiarism.

Also, as others have said before, it is unlikely that they will bring the Snipetron back in any form, and thus it would be simpler and easier to just give the Lanka a unique appearance.

Besides, the Snipetron will be replaced by a Tenno sniper rifle soon.

Edited by MageMeat

Using an artist's images from deviantART without the creator's permission is frowned upon, and can be considered plagiarism.

Also, as others have said before, it is unlikely that they will bring the Snipetron back in any form, and thus it would be simpler and easier to just give the Lanka a unique appearance.

Besides, it will be replaced by a Tenno sniper rifle soon.

Tenno Sniper Rifle > Lanka?

You misunderstand me.  The Lanka is the Corpus sniper rifle.  The Snipetron would be the Tenno's basic sniper rifle in the same manner as the Braton is the basic Tenno assault rifle.

The Lanka and the Snipetron are Corpus sniper rifles, and the Braton was manufactured by the Corpus, used by the Tenno (i.e. think about the AK-47). There will be a new Tenno sniper rifle introduced in due time.

Besides, it will be replaced by a Tenno sniper rifle soon.

I was using those as examples of what the new Snipetron model might look like, I wasn't aware that could be considered plagiarism.  I'll switch the images to links so people can see who made them.

And if you just give the Lanka a new appearance, why not bring back the Snipetron as the basic Tenno sniper rifle like the Braton is for Assault rifles?

Edited by Valiran

*cries silently while the hope of having a good bullet sniper rifle fades into the distance*

We don't even know what the Tenno sniper rifle stats are, so the hope isn't gone. Also, the Soma, as ridiculous as it is, shows that it's a good bullet-type rifles, even at the higher levels.

We don't even know what the Tenno sniper rifle stats are, so the hope isn't gone. Also, the Soma, as ridiculous as it is, shows that it's a good bullet-type rifles, even at the higher levels.

You really think DE would give Snipers a chance at actually being decent relative to the Lanka?

Especially on the market?

You really think DE would give Snipers a chance at actually being decent relative to the Lanka?

Especially on the market?

To counter, what do you think DE was doing when they released the easily purchasable Soma, an automatic rifle superior relative to the Supra?

Just wait, Ystella.

What I want to know is how you think the Boltor is Tyranid-esque. Its not a natural weapon, so immediatly isn't Tyranid-esque. Its not really a weaponised spinal column either, again as its not natural.

Anyway, the Snipetron was removed because it shot bullets, and was supposed to be a Corpus weapon, and the Corpus do not use bullets, but energy, so they took it out because it didn't fit the Lore.

To counter, what do you think DE was doing when they released the easily purchasable Soma, an automatic rifle superior relative to the Supra?

Just wait, Ystella.

Good lord, you're right!

They release mastery rank weapons on the market.

So there is hope :o

I dislike that the Soma has practically no downsides/balancing to its concept. As for hope, if it's superior to the Lanka, no words will express my dissatisfaction.

It needs a really long reload and more spread.

As of right now it can snipe, dps, and will be overpowered when elemental 2.0 comes out with armor 2.0.

Lanka = Corpus

Snipetron = Also Corpus. It's the main reason it got removed. Corpus don't use bullet weapons but laser weapons -> Snipetron was a bullet weapon.

Braton = Reverse engineered (from Orokin) Corpus weapon hence it has a Prime version which normally only Tenno weapons have (Since Tenno weapons are modernized versions of the Primes). It's not made by the Tenno just adapted by them. 

Lanka = Corpus

Snipetron = Also Corpus. It's the main reason it got removed. Corpus don't use bullet weapons but laser weapons -> Snipetron was a bullet weapon.

Braton = Reverse engineered (from Orokin) Corpus weapon hence it has a Prime version which normally only Tenno weapons have (Since Tenno weapons are modernized versions of the Primes). It's not made by the Tenno just adapted by them. 

You say the Corpus don't use bullet weapons, then say that the Braton is a Corpus weapon despite being a bullet weapon.  This does not make sense.  The Braton and its Prime variant are Tenno weapons just like the Skana, Lato, Latron, and their prime variants are Tenno weapons.

The idea I put forward in the opening post is not reintroducing the Snipetron as a Corpus weapon the Tenno make use of, but as a Tenno weapon fitting the same purpose for sniper rifles that the Braton does for assault rifles.  It's the basic Tenno sniper rifle.

As for the new Tenno sniper rifle, there's nothing stopping DE from using both it and the Snipetron in-game.  Just as the Braton is to the Soma, so could the Snipetron be to the new rifle.  I really don't get why nobody seems to like the idea, it would be quite easy to implement.

You say the Corpus don't use bullet weapons, then say that the Braton is a Corpus weapon despite being a bullet weapon.  This does not make sense.  The Braton and its Prime variant are Tenno weapons just like the Skana, Lato, Latron, and their prime variants are Tenno weapons.

The idea I put forward in the opening post is not reintroducing the Snipetron as a Corpus weapon the Tenno make use of, but as a Tenno weapon fitting the same purpose for sniper rifles that the Braton does for assault rifles.  It's the basic Tenno sniper rifle.

As for the new Tenno sniper rifle, there's nothing stopping DE from using both it and the Snipetron in-game.  Just as the Braton is to the Soma, so could the Snipetron be to the new rifle.  I really don't get why nobody seems to like the idea, it would be quite easy to implement.

All of the Primes are Orokin based (i.e. technically not Tenno weaponry). The Grineer and Corpus have shown that research has made noticeable, though insignificant, progress, such as the Seer and the fact the Corpus were able to reverse-engineer the Braton, a bootleg version of the Braton Prime. The Corpus manufacture the Braton, and manufacturing a weapon doesn't mean that it's necessarily being used.

Essentially, you cannot re-introduce the Snipetron as a Tenno sniper rifle or even a concept, as it contradicts lore.

The Snipetron was removed due to lore (i.e. Corpus were not meant to fire bullets from their weapons). Unless the devs change their minds, there's no way to re-implement the Snipetron into the game.

What lore?

Also Jackal and Hyena use machine guns and missiles so DE's reasoning is invalid

What lore?

Also Jackal and Hyena use machine guns and missiles so DE's reasoning is invalid

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/9151-warframe-lore-database-no-cats-in-the-future/ and then throw in the lore section that can be found in Warframe itself.

All of the bosses (except maybe Kril and the ones already done) are going to be looked at and re-made. Therefore, your examples are inapplicable.