Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you are a gunner and you join another players railjack, which wing turrets do you prefer?

(PSN)d1771Hd

Question

I'm just curious what most players prefer to use and if there is anything close to a consensus among the community. In my experience, cryophon feels too short range for a wing turret unless your pilot is flying directly into groups of enemies and other projectile weapons just seem like a cruel option to subject your crew to.

If I could make a change to railjack weapons, I would give players the option to install different weapons on either side of their personal ships or I would let players install 2 or 3 of their best acquired weapons and let crew members cycle through them in mission. This seems especially necessary with corpus enemies being added at some point and would keep players from getting stuck with a particular weapon type that either isn't useful or isn't comfortable to the player.

Apoc, Carcinox, or Cryophon.

Just make sure you have the guided missile launcher and the avionics to buff its damage. If you've got the Cryphons, make doubly sure you've got good missiles and the pilot is good at keeping us engaged with enemy fighters.

Oh, uh, Zekti all around as well, provided you have the avionics that improve heat cap substantially.

Edited by TheGrimCorsair

There's side turrets?... Back when I played with others, I was a pilot, most of the time, they asked for instant hit weapons or the cryophan.

It depends on the crew you're running. And how well the crew knows the pilot. 

For some time, I was running cryophan, because I used the particle ram a lot, and did a lot of dogfighting. And then.. Motion sickness led to everyone either going off ship, or keeping away from all viewing ports lol

Vidar Apocs all around, high damage and I have them set up with high CC and CD to back them up, yes they're only 1000 range but that doesn't seem to matter much. I do test other different types now and then.

Have all the guns types built 2x2 mostly have Vidar, Lavan and Zekti guns, so a scrolling window would be a cool idea, players could pick their favourites.

Edited by Slayer-.
left out range

Carc > Apoc > Cryo 

Pulsar are just to slow.

Carc is probably the weakest gun but its RoF allows it to be competitive and allows you to track enemies.

Apoc's are nice but I havent built the zekti's, they have insane damage but that 40 heat per shot ugh... I thought they were going to reduce it?

Cryo is totally fine, they just lack range.  Side turrets ARE mostly for the enemies who have already reached your ship.  So when im side gunning range isnt usually an issue.  

On my ship I run Hyperstrike + Polar Coils.   Carc's have crap crit chance..    I want a zekti predator+Zekti section density for crit/crit damage build with Apoc would probably be insane,  You could maybe take out fighters with a small burst of shots.  

If there was a status avionic I dont know of it... but I would definately use that for carc and cryo. 

-----------------------------------------------

I would love to see the lasers be really fat beams... maybe medium range like cryo's.  Oh and the beams should chain to other fighters

Pulsar's are like anti crewship weapons, their status effect can kill the enemies in ships...but on their own thats kind of worthless.

On 2020-02-19 at 2:15 AM, (PS4)l-p4p-I said:

In my experience, Apoc & Carcinnox have done better for my crew in all my runs. And as pilot I enjoy Cryophon a lot :]

We also run with Carcinnox as wing turrets and Cryophon up front (both Zetki and >59%), also missiles, close-to-maxed maxed heat reduction & particle ram. And take down the crewships by boarding (easy & simple). Cryophon handles nicely and freezes outriders (so the wing turrets can blow up the hotspots), still very good even if the range nerf was noticeable. Altogether pretty chill with a squad of 2-4.

Edited by Graavarg

On 2020-02-18 at 8:22 PM, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Just as long as you don't fire the missiles and let the pilot use those. It really is stupid that the gunners can waste the missiles.

When I’m on turret I usually only use missiles for outriders - takes em out quick and easy.

Edited by (PS4)Originalkatsu

Carcinnor team over here ! I admit I did not look up the formula for poping CS bubbles, but so far it's what felt the best at this job.

And that's pretty much my only thought when equipping my own side turrets, maybe the gunner can't hit the broad side of a barn, but at least there is hope he can hit the broad side of a moon size bubble.

On 2020-02-18 at 6:12 PM, TheGrimCorsair said:

Apoc, Carcinox, or Cryophon.

Just make sure you have the guided missile launcher and the avionics to buff its damage. If you've got the Cryphons, make doubly sure you've got good missiles and the pilot is good at keeping us engaged with enemy fighters.

Oh, uh, Zekti all around as well, provided you have the avionics that improve heat cap substantially.

Just starting to build my armaments and I was thinking about trying out Lavan turrets to avoid overheating.  Are all of you guys using Zekti w Polar Coil? 

I prefer the non-hitscan autocannons -- Carcinnox or, what's the other, uh, Apoc.

I really dislike the hitscan weapons, which has nothing to do with how effective they are, and everything to do with my inability to break the habit of leading the target (too many flight sims and such in my callow youth, I suppose). I'm always aiming at the wrong spot, and I'm just better with the projectile weapons. 

I find putting one of those Cryo Plasmoon guns (I don't remember what they're called, Cryo-something) on the side turrets to be an almost unforgivable sin. I'll usually just not man the guns when I run into those, because most of the time nothing is ever in range. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

I'm definitely a Lavan/Vidar Carcinox person. You get range, good rate of fire for tracking, low heat and the damage doesn't really lack.

I'm disappointed though with what this question apparently is about... I came here to post "starboard wing turrets" as my preference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, divi_india said:

Right now, anybody not running carcinnox on pilot and pulsar for board and starboard turrets is not doing it right. EOD

PS Zetki only

Excuse me for having a brainfart moment but what is EOD

I run Vidar Apocs allround and players have asked me what they are and commented how awesome they are, they are backed up by high crit over 50% chance and crit multiplier. 3.3 from memory.
I have guns near their highest stat, some are that close to top stat it's not noticeable like 59.9 fire rate or 29.8 damage away from their top reachable stats.
I have tried a lot of my guns and keep coming back to the Vidar Apocs, I lovem for solo play in the veil, my crews seem to like them as well from feedback. So I guess I'm a Apoc fanboy. 😛 
I have all guns built x2 ready to go for the future factions incase conditions change.

I prefer guns what have more than 50 accuracy.

apox? sure. but if it have 25 accuracy then you simply waste dps. you need 50 or 66 accuracy to see good effects. also - range. It is one of the best guns if you dont have Void Hole (because you will get swarmed by fighters and the only problem in this case is fire-controll discipline of your gunners)

toxic gun? Is a good all-rounded thing. it sit right in the middle of everything.

pulsars? the best range. it is hitscan. heat acreation is 10. ppl will love them when they reach GUNNERY rank 10 and start to aim.

photors are meh. Listed heat acreations is ZERO, but when you shoot them they start generate heat like zetki apox mk3 (or whatever that gun what generate 40heat). The only good thing about them is - they have multishot.

cryoguns is... okey. people use them for reasons i understand - they can slow down ship. they have 5k dmg per shot. but they have big problem of firerate and heat.

On 2020-02-19 at 3:53 AM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Apoc's are nice but I havent built the zekti's, they have insane damage but that 40 heat per shot ugh... I thought they were going to reduce it?

They halved it, it was 80. If you have Rank 7 gunnery it becomes 20 per shot 

I have Zekti Apocs on the side with FR and Vidar Carcis on the front with Damage. I also use Hyperstrike and Zektri Polar Coil