Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Unconfirmed] GPU Particles creates freezes every minute

Doraz_

oh right! that's important

I'm using an Nvidia graphic card.

I'm not experiencing any problem with drivers, this issue really feels like GC to me xD

If i really wanted to help i'd record performance while playing but i'm too lazy to do that ... oof

I am experiencing something similar and it only started happening at some point over this past weekend. I can literally sit in my orbiter not doing anything with a performance monitor on my other screen. I can literally see 60 second interval where there is a dip in performance. Then it might skip a minute and then again it will go back to 60 second intervals. I've been looking through my processes thinking that it was something in my system causing it but there's nothing. Testing it with other games I don't see the same issue.

GPU particles does not seem to be the issue. I turned off this feature and saw no difference. The issue is quite hard to replicate at this point. I can sit in the orbiter and things are fine for a bit and then at some point it will start again. I do believe that it has been caused by something in that recent hotfix. It's quite frustrating because the hanging/freezing cane pretty big while in a mission.

For reference I am using Nvidia graphics as well. 

maybe it's just sone resources being un-loaded from memory because not being called ... thus requiring read from disk, much slower than cpu.

you can trigger this if you don't move in the orbiter.

Edited by Doraz_

9 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

maybe it's just sone resources being un-loaded from memory because not being called ... thus requiring read from disk, much slower than cpu.

you can trigger this if you don't move in the orbiter.

That's not it. When I first started testing this I was actually walking around in the orbiter because then I could see when the lag hit.

The CPU/GPU drop in utilization is coinciding with a massive spike in the Ethernet I/O Utilization. This spike is only showing up when I'm in game.