Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuzea, The Gun Maiden (Includes Artwork!)

Vanythe

Garuzea
The Gun Maiden

hpQ7NgC.png

Garuzea... The Gun Maiden, The rifle artisan.
Always seen with a pair of primary and secondary weapons. She should be the last frame that you'd want to fight, Tenno.

-Lotus

Story

Spoiler

Ah, Garuzea... the warframe reminiscent of an insect, or a crustacean, or both? She was discovered deep underwater in the Adriatic, inside an old Orokin research facility. Was she created there? Was she brought there? Or has she come seeking vengeance? Whatever the reason is, one thing is for sure: the Orokin have created Garuzea with the goal of going beyond humanoid shape's limits.

Abilities

Spoiler

Ability 1: Weapon Replication
Garuzea creates an energy-powered replica of the currently equipped primary weapon and is held in her upper left arm. The damage it deals is based on Warframe's Strength, no mods are copied. This weapon can still shoot even if the main one runs out of ammo, as it has it's own ammo pool.

This ability cannot be re-casted unless the ammo count on the replica weapon is below 30%, and when it is, the player can re-cast the ability. When re-cast, Garuzea throws the replica weapon away from herself, after which the enemy closest to the weapon will find irresistible urge to pick it up. The weapon will disappear if not picked up in time. When picked up, it explodes into deadly shrapnel, dealing slash damage to nearby enemies.

Duration - Increases the amount of time the replica will be available for enemy to pick up after ability re-cast.
Efficiency - Increases minimum ammo percentage at which the ability can be re-cast.
Range - Shrapnel explosion range when picked up.
Strength - Increases replicated weapon's damage dealt and slash damage when picked up.

Spoiler

Ability 2: Augment Armor
Allows Garuzea to transfer all of the generated shield energy into armor. Armor gained is like a buff that decreases each time when taking damage but does not disappear or lower over-time. (Example, 800 shields converted into armor gives her 800 armor, but the value goes down when taking damage, say, 5 armor points per hit from an automatic rifle, 10 points from an energy based weapon and 100 from a sniper). Converting shield energy into armor takes a few seconds.

Duration - Reduces the required time needed to transfer shield energy into armor.
Efficiency - Increases the amount of armor gained from shield energy.
Range - No effect.
Strength - Reduces the amount of armor points lost when being shot at.

Spoiler

Ability 3: Secondary Auto-shoot
When activated, Garuzea will automatically use her lower set of arms equipped with secondary weapons to shoot at any target that's in her line of sight (default 90 degrees front). Lasts until she runs out of energy or ammo, whichever comes first. This ammo is not tied to actual secondary weapon's ammunition capacity, but it's special ammo generated by this ability for use during the duration of this ability.

Duration - Increases available generated ammo for the secondary weapon.
Efficiency - Reduces energy drain during the ability period.
Range - Increases line of sight degrees (max 180 degrees).
Strength - Increases damage dealt by secondary weapons during this ability only.

This ability is shown as her second pair of arms auto-targeting the targets. Player still gets to shoot from the primary weapon.

Spoiler

Ability 4: Total Gun Mayhem
Garuzea's ultimate ability allows her to automatically shoot and target any enemy that's in a 100 meter radius. Damage is dealt from both primary and secondary weapons and the weapons deal full damage even through walls. In addition, every enemy defeated while using this ability that doesn't hide behind a wall gives Garuzea a small amount of armor, which can stack, and acts the same way as her second ability. This ability lasts 10 seconds from activation.

Duration - Increases ability duration.
Efficiency - Reduces ability activation cost. Increases armor gained from defeated enemies.
Range - Increases range at which the enemies can be shot at.
Strength - Increases damage dealt by the primary weapons during this ability only.

Visually, this ability shows as both her upper and lower pair of arms working in tandem to deal with targets. Player only controls the movement until the ability ends.

Spoiler

Passive: Advanced Enemy Radar
Shows all enemies on the minimap and highlights them through walls within a range.

Warframe Mods

Spoiler

Irresistible Weapon (Max Rank: 3)
Discarded replica weapon attracts more than one enemy.
Rank 1: +2 more enemies attracted by discarded replica.
Rank 2: +4 more enemies attracted by discarded replica.
Rank 3: +6 more enemies attracted by discarded replica.

Spoiler

Shield Recalibration (Max Rank: 3)
Allows you to keep X% shields after using Augment Armor.
Rank 1: 5%
Rank 2: 10%
Rank 3: 15%

Spoiler

Threat-optimised Targeting (Max Rank: 1)
Secondary weapons will target stronger enemies first during Secondary Auto-shoot.

Spoiler

Ultimate Gun Mayhem (Max Rank: 5)
During the first X seconds of Total Gun Mayhem's duration, enemies' armor and shield are ignored.
Rank 1: During the first 1 second.
Rank 2: During the first 2 seconds.
Rank 3: During the first 3 seconds.
Rank 4: During the first 4 seconds.
Rank 5: During the first 5 seconds.

Spoiler

Extra Features!
Garuzea's Antennae point towards the closest detected enemy.

Okay now for the long story. I created Garuzea out of love and inspiration I have for this game and what this game has achieved and is yet to achieve. The Team at DE are constantly going above and beyond to push their engine and their game beyond what was originally thought as being possible, yet, the Warframes have consistently remained mostly the same. I, being a lover of all kinds of odd and weird, thought, why isn't there a four armed Warframe? It would be so COOL. Even better, lore wise, what if there was a remote Orokin lab somewhere, with the scientists tasked to create a new type of Warframe that wasn't limited to basic human shape, yet, what if it was just based off of it and they kept expanding the frame in some way? In this case, I thought of insects and sea creatures, that have either too many legs or too many arms. I know you can have too many of each, but I hope that's not the case with Garuzea! The eternal question... is she a crustacean-based or insect-based? Thanks for reading this, and I hope DE at least notices her!

The lovely artwork was provided by Mister Duwang. One can find his gallery at DeviantArt and watch his streams at Twitch. Thank you again for your wonderful work!

Edited by Vanythe
Explained how her second set of arms would work and with which ability.
  • Like 4

Well it sure is an interesting concept.

Kinda overread/looked that shes got 4 arms at first. Would have been kinda a problem animation wise with reload and such. 

However her having an additional pair results in other problems:

1) what does she do with her additional arms if no 2nd riffle/pisistol pair is in use?

I imagine theyd be kinda suselessly hanging around...

2) what of mellee combat case?

in theory she could fend of mobs with melee, and simultainously gun others with her rifle. With only 2 hands its somewhat feasible, to coose one or the other (e.g. with onehand pistol)

with 4 hands? thatd need a solid background to be feasible.

other than that...i do like the idea.

wed basicly have excalibur for melee, mesa for secondary and garuzea as primary gunny.

On 2020-02-19 at 2:31 PM, HugintheCrow said:

Warframes don't have eyes, period. It's such an important design feature that DE even specifically mentions it in Tennogen guide.

I know that, if you look closely, her face resembles a horseshoe crab and the "eyes" are energy like on Ivara/Mirage Prime.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Eaglebow10 said:

Well it sure is an interesting concept.

Kinda overread/looked that shes got 4 arms at first. Would have been kinda a problem animation wise with reload and such. 

However her having an additional pair results in other problems:

1) what does she do with her additional arms if no 2nd riffle/pisistol pair is in use?

I imagine theyd be kinda suselessly hanging around...

2) what of mellee combat case?

in theory she could fend of mobs with melee, and simultainously gun others with her rifle. With only 2 hands its somewhat feasible, to coose one or the other (e.g. with onehand pistol)

with 4 hands? thatd need a solid background to be feasible.

other than that...i do like the idea.

wed basicly have excalibur for melee, mesa for secondary and garuzea as primary gunny.

Thanks for the feedback! The extra arms wouldn't really be a problem animation-wise because they'd be used only during third and fourth ability, otherwise I assume they could be done in a way that it's considered a cosmetic, like Trinity's rear or Titania's wings.

As for the melee, she can equip one melee weapon but has no extra abilities (Dual wield) with it, she is primarily a gun/rifle warframe. That's what I had in mind when I designed her anyway :p

*then again DE can do whatever they want with her, I just posted here to maybe give them some inspiration*

7 minutes ago, Vanythe said:

Mirage Prime

Fair point, still feel they are too big.

On 2020-02-19 at 12:30 AM, Vanythe said:

The damage it deals is based on Warframe's Strength, no mods are copied.

Considering we have many abilities that DO use mods from weapons I feel there is no need for this. You could totally just copy mods and have it be less affected by strength in return.

2 hours ago, hopelessNarcissus said:

om i love the idea of replica weapons
and it wouldn't take too much to bring that into the game, just reskinning if anything..
can't help but want some decorative arms though, 6 must be the minimum

Maybe as an exclusive Sydana like Khora's Spikes, this one can have another pair of arms emerging more from the back and shoulders?

• 1 year later...
On 2020-02-19 at 3:31 PM, HugintheCrow said:

Warframes don't have eyes, period. It's such an important design feature that DE even specifically mentions it in Tennogen guide.

If you ignore all the warframes and tennogen that DO have eyes then yes they don’t have eyes.