Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Individual Enemy-Based Suggestion For Armor 2.0

Destro6677

After reading Volt's thread, I acknowledge the wisdom in making armor flat and tweaking other values.

However, as one post pointed out, that's just another way of making enemies into bullet sponges.

As such, can we reach a compromise between armor by giving different enemy types different health and armor scaling ratios? Moreover, can we get different melee vs ranged armor values?

Rather than trying to keep the current one-size fits all method of armor, what I'm suggesting is this (forgive the simplicity):

For Grineer, lancers and elite lancers get higher health scaling, say 1 health per level and 0.5 armor per level. 

The mini gunners get 1.2 armor and 0.66 health per level. 

Hence, neither ordinary bullets nor armor ignore weapons are invalidated. Because bullet weapons would do higher damage per shot with higher fire rate, following the current system. Use the proper weapons on the proper individual enemies.

Perhaps the ranged lancers should have reduced melee armor values whereas the troopers should have higher armor and health scaling than the long ranged troops to reflect how to play against them (ie, use ranged weapons and keep your distance)

I had more thoughts about how to scale this for Corpus and Infested, but currently have forgotten, and may come back to them later.

What do you gents think about this?

Tldr: We need more complexity in the armor and health scaling. This is a proposal to have it be based on an individual enemy type basis with additional values such as different melee and ranged damage reduction values.

Edited by Destro6677

This does nothing more then what we have now, but lessen the armor scaling overall.

Except now I have to aim my Afuris at certain units, and use my Strun Wraith on more armored units.

Just let Digital Extremes do this themselves. I trust in their decision, and I think it's way too far in for them to start taking suggestions for something expected a week or two ago.

This does nothing more then what we have now, but lessen the armor scaling overall.

Except now I have to aim my Afuris at certain units, and use my Strun Wraith on more armored units.

Just let Digital Extremes do this themselves. I trust in their decision, and I think it's way too far in for them to start taking suggestions for something expected a week or two ago.

That's the whole point of making it so. Getting players to bring a varied loadout instead of a pure armor ignore loadout, and to use it wisely.

Actually, no one knows how far they have gotten with armor 2.0. They might even still be arguing over it.

Edit: The Straith ignores armor?? This power level is over 9000...

Edited by Destro6677

We do not know how Armor 2.0 will work as of yet. We have some info from the DE staff but nothing to get the full idea. For example, elements will be more important in calculating damage. Correct me if I am missing something about Armor 2.0.