Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea for new way to dodge.

Rolfje

First of all, I don't speak English, I help myself with the google translator for this.

I wanted to share with you an idea that I had. As you know, in Warframe we can "dodge", but having so many enemies doesn't help, so I thought about how it could be a solution, which separates all Warframes into three groups:

Light Warframes (Ivara, Loky, Mag, Banshee, Ash, Nyx, Nova, etc.): My idea is to change the animation of rolling for a scroll. (Like Limbo, for example). In doing so while aiming at an enemy, the Warframe will quickly launch towards him.(At most a distance of 10-15 meters). Upon reaching him, he will strike a fatal blow. This action causes enemies to lose your trail. (This has a 2 second cooling window but it can accumulate up to 3 times to do it without waiting).

Heavy Warframes (Rhino, Hildryn, Chroma, Atlas, Grendel, etc.): Animation changed by an onslaught (as Hildryn) Doing it near a group of enemies will knock them down, in exchange for moving much less during animation. This has a 2 second cooling window. It accumulates 2 times.

Assault Warframes (All Warframe predisposed to damage or combat, Excalibur, Valkyr, Mesa, Nidus, Gauss, etc.): Attacking melee while dodging will perform a sweep kick. (During the animation, the Warframe will remain anchored at the place where the attack began) This kick knocks down all the enemies around the Warframe (a radius of 2-3 meters) Cooling time of 2 seconds, does not accumulate. 

In general, my idea looks for a way to give some survival to the lighter Warframes like Banshee or Mag, and in turn make dodging a more fun mechanic.

Between the parchore running around, using cover, the different self heals, and just always strafing around.  I rarely get hit by things even in mass groups i don't think its needed to really play around with the games dodge mechanic.

Even at higher levels i tend to be fine.

Learn from the best.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

you're asking for animation changes, which are essentially a lot of work for very little benefit, unless you were to also gain I-frames or a greatly extended evade window. plus there are some frames this would be useless on, like Baruuk, where you simply cast his first ability, and Wisp, who goes invisible in mid-air, making our usual parkour more effective at evading attacks in combat. there's not much call for this on Ivara, Loki or any invis frame: why bother dodging when you can just make it so the enemy can't see you in the first place?

sorry, but to me this seems kind of pointless.