Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am not a vending machine.


(PSN)Ashmane84
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am thirty-five years old. I am a husband. I am a father. I work three jobs to support myself and my family. I am not a vending machine. 

I am not some kid, wasting his parent's money after school. I have a rather demanding life, that consumes the vast majority of my time. Thus, with the few precious hours each night I have to play a game, I would like to actually PLAY a game. What I do not want to do is stand around in a social hub with my hand over my head advertising some random item, hoping someone strolls by and inserts a few platinum. But apparently I am a vending machine.

I am told the solution to my problems in this game is to trade rare items for platinum, and use those to buy additional this or that. Because apparently I am a vending machine.

Literally every other online game on the market has some sort of established trading post or auction house where one can drop off items to be sold while they do other things. I know there is a website for trading with people, but that is a community run band-aid, and does not excuse poor design or missing features. Even Bethesda's recent online dumpster fire has a pop-up shop where you can drop off items that stays in place as long as you stay logged in, allowing you to actually PLAY their train wreak of a game while selling your loot. But, it seems, I am a vending machine.

In a few very specific, but not insignificant, ways Warframe is an objectively worse game than Fallout 76. And I am NOT a vending machine.

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem with this proposal of a trading post is that this game would be getting away from the Peer-to-Peer architecture that has been established for more than 7 years.  Thanks to this architecture, it lacks the necessary server farm like WoW or Rift or Star Trek: Online (just to name a few) that have the ability to have auction houses/exchange/whatever.  And I noticed, you're not a PC player, so we'll be dealing with not one, but four different auctions houses on four different server fames at the present time (PC, XB1, PS4, Switch). And further no promise in the near future that cross-play/cross-save is ever going to happen.  

If there were ever Client-Servers for this game, you would be seeing playerbase riots demanding the missions be generated not by the host PC of a squad given the amount of host migrations we all suffer but the servers for better gaming stability.  And this would be an expenditure that I'm more than confident that DE does not want to spend for given how far this game has gone and how much more work DE needs to be doing for the stability of the game (a sardonic joke sometimes, I know) as well as the content that's in the pipe.  

So we're limited to what we have in game, or a third party site to put our wares up for trading for the convenience of when we come online to play

I sympathize with the juggling you do in real life and what you want to do with your off-time, with one one caveat...  

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

In a few very specific, but not insignificant, ways Warframe is an objectively worse game than Fallout 76. And I am NOT a vending machine.

And that caveat is, no amount of indignation, disappointment (nor potential vitriol) is going to change the current hardware architecture of this game without clear potentials for profit from the losses accrued from the conversion.  I know client-server architectures have been asked for, without any proof of them happening.  Further, I know from almost 7 years of experience when facing the attitudes of your post -- good as it might be for those that read it -- such messages will be met by a community that will drone the retort of "if you don't like the game don't play it" without so much as a second thought.  

I cannot offer you alternatives to your inherent dislike of being a vending machine.  As an Ancient in the game, I know that if the idea is good, it might take a long time for DE to come around to enabling it.  Just be sure you keep in mind that something that goes well outside of the current norm of this game, might never come to pass.  If you're willing to live with that, then welcome to what I've been doing since I got here.  Otherwise, may you find the peace you're looking for no matter the game you choose to play.  

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

...

Thank you for your response, but I feel it overlooks what objectively one of the worst games ever made, Fallout 76, has done as a guide. It too lacks a centralized "always on" auction house, and instead has a "client side" vending machine you can put in your camp. These machines are active only so long as you are online, because everything used to run them is client side, and the trading works in a peer-to-peer system with the server only checking in to make sure everything is legit. Basically the same thing trading in Warframe is, only being handled by a low tech cost "bot" that stands idle in your place.

In warframe the solution is just that; a bot. A "corpus transaction facilitator" drone that you load up and launch from your orbiter and stands around in the hub for you. Its online only as long as you are, and runs in the background of your client. Once you log out, it vanishes. Even Fallout 76 managed to do something as basic as that, and trust me it's server architecture is the equivalent of two rusty tin cans tied together with an old shoestring.

Edited by (PS4)Ashmane84
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

Thank you for your response, but I feel it overlooks what objectively one of the worst games ever made, Fallout 76, has done as a guide. It too lacks a centralized "always on" auction house, and instead has a "client side" vending machine you can put in your camp. These machines are active only so long as you are online, because everything used to run them is client side, and the trading works in a peer-to-peer system with the server only checking in to make sure everything is legit. Basically the same thing trading in Warframe is, only being handled by a low tech cost "bot" that stands idle in your place.

In warframe the solution is just that; a bot. A "corpus transaction facilitator" drone that you load up and launch from your orbiter and stands around in the hub for you. Its online only as long as you are, and runs in the background of your client. Once you log out, it vanishes. Even Fallout 76 managed to do something as basic as that, and trust me it's server architecture is the equivalent of two rusty tin cans tied together with an old shoestring.

Then why don't you go play fallout 76, because what you want likely isn't ever gonna happen. Sorry dude, but your SoL on that.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Then why don't you go play fallout 76, because what you want likely isn't ever gonna happen. Sorry dude, but your SoL on that.

I did for over year. Beta tested it, in fact. So I am very....tolerant...of problems. But there are limits, and if it becomes clear that the developers aren't even trying to fix them...I leave. Case and point; I reported a bug in Fallout 76 about a month before the actual launch where certain modded shotguns were being ignored by shotgun perks; zero bonuses. I continued to report that bug through every available means for the next thirteen months. As far as I know it still hasn't been fixed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

hat I do not want to do is stand around in a social hub with my hand over my head advertising some random item, hoping someone strolls by and inserts a few platinum. But apparently I am a vending machine.

Why are you using Maroo's Bazaar like that? It only exists as a place for people without clans or who are having connection trouble to trade. 

Everybody else just pastes their trade message in Trade Chat before and after their normal missions, or makes a post on any of the numerous third-party trade sites.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

Fallout 76: Has basic quality of life feature literally every other online game on the market has.

Warframe: Does not have that exact feature.

Yes; I am serious.

Off topic but Fallout 76 also sadly has a better stealth system and "AI VS Stealth" that to this day Warframe, a ninja game, hasn't solved for itself.

Auction house has been a dream for ages, maybe they could allow us to put up search-able/linkable Dojo instances that remain up and get filled with clan member items people can buy from... that would be a similar but upgraded version of Fallout's method... if they can't do it because of whatever Balde said.. too lazy to read... also similar to Elder Scrolls Online's garbage auction house but it's something...

Edited by Wolfdoggie
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

I did for over year. Beta tested it, in fact. So I am very....tolerant...of problems. But there are limits, and if it becomes clear that the developers aren't even trying to fix them...I leave. Case and point; I reported a bug in Fallout 76 about a month before the actual launch where certain modded shotguns were being ignored by shotgun perks; zero bonuses. I continued to report that bug through every available means for the next thirteen months. As far as I know it still hasn't been fixed.

Congrats, you're a really cool guy for beta testing a bad game. But in all seriousness, the first step to change would be to take this complaint to feedback, where DE will see it, and convery that idea. As much as I want change to this as well, because I hate having to retype everything in trade chat, there may be a reason for it, be it laziness or something else entirely (I personally lean towards it being laziness). Now as I said since you aren't here to really have a conversation, why don't you go back to that game Fallout 76 you love so much, ya know, since it seems to be better than warframe according to you. Maybe there you won't have as many problems.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or you could do like every other adult with a hobby and actually buy something.  Not everyone that buys platinum or prime access is "a kid with their parents money".  Consider yourself lucky you even have the opportunity to trade for premium currency because I can't think of any other games that let you do that.  You're going to make whiny topics as I can see from the last few days.  Stating your age, how many jobs and kids you have and your responsibilities doesn't give your posts any more credit either, life sucks etc.  for everyone at some point.  You're not a vending machine but you are on an ignore list.

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am going to give this a fully serious response, even though I don't believe for a moment that OP works three jobs and etc.

1. If you don't like trading at Maroo's Bazaar, use warframe market. Make an account, list your items (you can even check relative prices that thing go for, how convenient is that) and just wait for people to message you. If I list items that are in-demand (like veiled rivens, popular prime parts, augments for warframes) depending on the time of the day I get quite a few offers.

2. Warframe is F2P. If you have a lot of free time, you can progress without paying a dime at a good pace. If you don't have a lot of time, you probably have a job and have some cash that you can spend to progress faster if you don't have time. If you don't have both money to spend and time, well then you can still progress, just very slowly.

3. The limits on trading are intentional, because again, even though F2P, Warframe, unlike many other games, gives you the option to play it 100% free if you have the time, even buying delux skins and other store cosmetics with premium currency. Obviously, getting premium currency should require effort and time from players if they don't want to spend cash, otherwise it is worthless, nobody would pay for it and DE would either go bankrupt or employ much more strict monetization (like content paywalls from Desitny 2).

2 hours ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

In a few very specific, but not insignificant, ways Warframe is an objectively worse game than Fallout 76.

Fallout 76 is motherf*ckin 60 dollar game with a cash shop attached to it. It is just another "AAA" industry vomit that basically says "give me all your money while I am busy sh1tting on you as a customer and being a lazy crap product." Comparing how they handle monetization to a F2P is completely dishonest, since a cash shop shouldnt exist in a 60 dollar game to begin with.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins
  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

I am going to give this a fully serious response, even though I don't believe for a moment that OP works three jobs and etc.

1. If you don't like trading at Maroo's Bazaar, use warframe market. Make an account, list your items (you can even check relative prices that thing go for, how convenient is that) and just wait for people to message you. If I list items that are in-demand (like veiled rivens, popular prime parts, augments for warframes) depending on the time of the day I get quite a few offers.

2. Warframe is F2P. If you have a lot of free time, you can progress without paying a dime at a good pace. If you don't have a lot of time, you probably have a job and have some cash that you can spend to progress faster if you don't have time. If you don't have both money to spend and time, well then you can still progress, just very slowly.

3. The limits on trading are intentional, because again, even though F2P, Warframe, unlike many other games, gives you the the option to play it 100% free if you have the time, even buying delux skins and other store cosmetics with premium currency. Obviously, getting premium currency should require effort and time from players if they don't want to spend cash, otherwise it is worthless, nobody would pay for it and DE would either go bankrupt or employ much more strict monetization (like content paywalls from Desitny 2).

Fallout 76 is motherf*ckin 60 dollar game with a cash shop attached to it. It is just another "AAA" industry vomit that basically says "give me all your money while I am bust sh1tting on you as a customer and being a lazy crap product." Comparing how they handle monetization to a F2P is completely dishonest, since a cash shop shouldnt exist in a 60 dollar game to begin with.

Shh, we aren't allowed to have good points about fallout 76 of all things, its his favorite game and better than warframe according to him.

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

In a few very specific, but not insignificant, ways Warframe is an objectively worse game than Fallout 76. And I am NOT a vending machine.

im laughing so hard GIF

Oh god that.....that was......probably one of the dumbest things I read. Warrframe is buggy but it ain't going to hit fallout 76 levels ever since fallout 76 just keeps rasing that bar every week

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What about working your way up, so you can sell something that's really expensive. I don't really get what riven mods are yet. But I saw someone trying to sell one of 2000 platinum in the trade chat once. I haven't traded before, so I don't know if that's a good price or not...  But maybe you could do something like that.

If you had 2000 platinum, you probably wouldn't need to trade for a while.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

so here is the thing, The relays are server based. no one in particular hosts these. that is on a server. SOOOO why are we not aloud to have something like SWTORs Trading posts at hubs\relays ??
simple, because DE wants to Rack up those "players online\player hrs" for steam. more time you have to wait around for a trade the better DE looks to its investors.

and Warframe is objectively worse then many games in many ways.
for starters its the only game i have come across where XP is constantly in a state of Decay, lvl 1 (57) butcher needs a level 81(114) to double the XP from lvl 1  butcher. and a lvl 630(228xp) to double the XP of a level 81 ... so basically DE doesn't know how XP works.

Stealth mechanics are non existent. a unaware enemy doesn't give stealth bonus is shot with a silenced gun. but using melee to prompt kill does... or sleeping them does.
sorry but if i one shot bob the butcher thru the Goramn head HE AINT GOING TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED DE!.. so basically DE doesn't know how stealth works.

DE constantly puts knock downs\ups\staggers on every unit they possibly can and call it a Mechanic and Difficulty. making every unit do the same thing over an over is Lazy as hell. so basically DE doesn't know how to do mechanics OR difficulty. 

Warframe defensive stats vs Enemy Defensive stats we flat out are perma stuck at a predetermined amount of HP that for many frames is useless past lvl50. others lvl 100. yet the enemy HP scales wildly out of control because they set a Percentage scaling system. basically DE doesn't want to put in the work. DE is Lazy.

Warframe has 13 damage types in normal missions. yet only 5 are really good. they rest just arent really worth it. no damage type scales. very few are worth building for. most of them suffer massively from resistances. because DE doesn't know how to do Damage models OR Defence stats. 

Warframe has most of its projects abandoned shortly after release. most things are never finished, they are just patched into a barely functional state, never finished, never polished.
basically DE IS BLOODY LAZY!

then to the OP. 
trading. Warframes hubs were suppose to be the Relays where all players could meet up and launch missions from, buy from vendors etc. 
DE abandoned this idea because DE is too bloody lazy, to cheap, to greedy with our time and DE will always take the shortest or easiest route to "complete" something. 

there is this Myth that DE is some small indie company ran by Angels who only ever do the right thing.

problem is they are a decent size company with a good amount of money and a good amount of talent. Yet they have Eyes bigger than their stomachs. they do grand plans an poor execution. nothing they have released in Yrs has been a overwhelmingly amazing content Drop. its all been super mediocre and thats all DE wants to do, Mediocre for as much of our time and money as they possibly can. 

just last Yr Anthem went from a wreck to a functioning game with a team dedicated to making it better and fixing an polishing things in that game.... Warframe released and rushed some content. none of it amazing. most of it was rehashing content with a small twist. yet the only thing that was sort of finished was Night wave (but seriously how long is this intermission OR did they forget to put on the next reel ??). Railjack was new to an extent. but it wasn't this amazing thing we were lead to believe. 
in 1 yr DE dropped some content and broke things. made Melee mostly good, but nerfed glaives into the dirt. (melee 2.9999 was the best thing they done, then liches were decent).
same time span, anthem broken game BSODing PCs killing Playstations and being all round unplayable to a very playable game, good mechanics, fixed dmg and scaling models. some content drops, all while they are also rebuilding alot of the game from ground up. 
Anthem in 1yr done more then warframe. and its done it job better (not saying the games better. saying the finished product was in a better state).
i dont know much about fallout 76, but i have heard some thing an they are fixing it an its getting some QOL stuff. 

DE believes that content is all that matters. an fixing S#&$s a waste of time. so they keep throwing spaghetti at the wall.
DE is a lazy company, they never finish what they start. its gone from passion project and community focused to pleasing the chinese overlords with our time an money for minimal efforts for maximum profits... OR what Activision does. just on a smaller scale. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

I am thirty-five years old. I am a husband. I am a father. I work three jobs to support myself and my family. I am not a vending machine. 

I am not some kid, wasting his parent's money after school. I have a rather demanding life, that consumes the vast majority of my time. Thus, with the few precious hours each night I have to play a game, I would like to actually PLAY a game. What I do not want to do is stand around in a social hub with my hand over my head advertising some random item, hoping someone strolls by and inserts a few platinum. But apparently I am a vending machine.

I am told the solution to my problems in this game is to trade rare items for platinum, and use those to buy additional this or that. Because apparently I am a vending machine.

Literally every other online game on the market has some sort of established trading post or auction house where one can drop off items to be sold while they do other things. I know there is a website for trading with people, but that is a community run band-aid, and does not excuse poor design or missing features. Even Bethesda's recent online dumpster fire has a pop-up shop where you can drop off items that stays in place as long as you stay logged in, allowing you to actually PLAY their train wreak of a game while selling your loot. But, it seems, I am a vending machine.

In a few very specific, but not insignificant, ways Warframe is an objectively worse game than Fallout 76. And I am NOT a vending machine.

Please learn about supply and demand before demanding radical changes to the games economy. Thanks. 

59 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

Fallout 76: Has basic quality of life feature literally every other online game on the market has.

Warframe: Does not have that exact feature.

Yes; I am serious.

And the mockery is deserved. 

Because you clearly didnt think this through. 

It's hard enough to sell anything for a decent amount of platinum when you're only competing with anyone else selling in trade chat at any given time. What you're proposing is competing with everyone else in the entire game with any given item, when they only have to undercut you by 1p to make it very likely you wont get a sale period. And apparently thinking that will make it easier to get platinum. 

 

In most games with trading systems you arent trading for premium currency. Be grateful they didnt pull a "literally almost every other game developer ever" and decide that if you dont directly pay for the premium currency yourself you just cant get it. Period. 

Your expectation of being able to sit there and essentially have money handed to you by other players combined with your bitterness at the notion of being "inconvenienced" by the current system smacks of entitlement, greed, and laziness. 

And you couldn't be bothered to find any of the other ten billion threads about this apparently. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

im laughing so hard GIF

Oh god that.....that was......probably one of the dumbest things I read. Warrframe is buggy but it ain't going to hit fallout 76 levels ever since fallout 76 just keeps rasing that bar every week

 

OP must not have a clue what a trainwreck fallout 76 actually is. DE has dropped the ball here and there, sure. But comparing Warframe to fallout 76 is like comparing a grenade to the astroid that wiped out the dinosaurs. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

Fallout 76: Has basic quality of life feature literally every other online game on the market has.

Warframe: Does not have that exact feature.

Yes; I am serious.

I'm sorry, but this reasoning is horribly flawed. You're ignoring all the things that Warframe does right because you feel that it fails in one area, and at the same time praising a notoriously infamous game like Fallout 76 for the one thing it does right, despite the countless things it does wrong.

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lion said:

I'm sorry, but this reasoning is horribly flawed. You're ignoring all the things that Warframe does right because you feel that it fails in one area, and at the same time praising a notoriously infamous game like Fallout 76 for the one thing it does right, despite the countless things it does wrong.

 

what about the many many things DE does wrong ?? an yet they get away with it because people have this illusion they are "great devs" just because they are nice on stream ... 
Warframe is a game that by all accounts has fallen ass backwards into success

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ArkThanatos said:

what about the many many things DE does wrong ?? an yet they get away with it because people have this illusion they are "great devs" just because they are nice on stream ... 
Warframe is a game that by all accounts has fallen ass backwards into success

No game is perfect. In fact you'd be hard pressed to find a game that is. DE has dropped the ball, more than a couple times even.

 

But the thing is, they are human, and at least speaking for myself,  they are one of the better game studios out there. They talk to us, keep in touch with the community (for the most part) and try to work with our feedback. They rarely double down on a bad decision when the community pushes back on it, just look at some of the recent reworks / planned upcoming changes they've been adding. Even when it comes to tennocon (which I've attended all except for the first) they're out walking around, mingling with the crowd, and just legit being people. Hell [DE] Bear always hosts a party at the local pub prior to the convention where they're all just having fun with the community.

 

DE actively works to maintain a good relationship with their community (hence why so many people defend them) and that's really the biggest difference between them and other game devs that constantly drop the ball (think recently of Anthem/Destiny/Battlefront/Cod/Fo76/you get it, there's a common trend of game companies making bad mistakes and not engaging with their community)

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

 

OP must not have a clue what a trainwreck fallout 76 actually is. DE has dropped the ball here and there, sure. But comparing Warframe to fallout 76 is like comparing a grenade to the astroid that wiped out the dinosaurs. 

Yep, and that vid is just the first year fallout 76, none of the recent stuff, like the fallout first, hacker yoinking inventory of entire servers, etc etc 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Lion said:

No game is perfect. In fact you'd be hard pressed to find a game that is. DE has dropped the ball, more than a couple times even.

 

But the thing is, they are human, and at least speaking for myself,  they are one of the better game studios out there. They talk to us, keep in touch with the community (for the most part) and try to work with our feedback. They rarely double down on a bad decision when the community pushes back on it, just look at some of the recent reworks / planned upcoming changes they've been adding. Even when it comes to tennocon (which I've attended all except for the first) they're out walking around, mingling with the crowd, and just legit being people. Hell [DE] Bear always hosts a party at the local pub prior to the convention where they're all just having fun with the community.

 

DE actively works to maintain a good relationship with their community (hence why so many people defend them) and that's really the biggest difference between them and other game devs that constantly drop the ball (think recently of Anthem/Destiny/Battlefront/Cod/Fo76/you get it, there's a common trend of game companies making bad mistakes and not engaging with their community)

 

other companies might drop the ball. but in the case of Anthem and Destiny Both the devs for them have gone back an fixed things, worked hard to finish an polish a product, DE doesn't do this. they might be nice people and have a good rapport with the community, but as Devs, they are mediocre and lazy. the do alot of Half assing. thing is they could be better, but they dont bother. the only thing they have shown consistent attentive care to has been excal. everything else nope. as people they are nice, as devs doing their jobs, they half ass the living S#&$ out of that. its all flash no substance 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ArkThanatos said:

other companies might drop the ball. but in the case of Anthem and Destiny Both the devs for them have gone back an fixed things, worked hard to finish an polish a product, DE doesn't do this. they might be nice people and have a good rapport with the community, but as Devs, they are mediocre and lazy. the do alot of Half assing. thing is they could be better, but they dont bother. the only thing they have shown consistent attentive care to has been excal. everything else nope. as people they are nice, as devs doing their jobs, they half ass the living S#&$ out of that. its all flash no substance 

not to defend DE, simply because you aren't entirely wrong about them and their laziness...but how long did it take before the devs of anthem decided to begin an overhaul?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...