Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am not a vending machine.

(PSN)Ashmane84

16 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Funny from the guy crying and screaming at the thought of having to actually expend effort to make plat, and then throwing a crybaby temper tantrum when people dont agree with his bad ideas that have been addressed in other identical threads hundreds of times.

Effort? Where is the effort in standing around AFK in a hub playing on my phone and waiting for a message alert? No; I don't want to do this because it's not any effort; it's boring. I have better things to do with my time than stand around in a hub pretending to be a vending machine because Digital Extremes was too incompetent to implement a proper trading post.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Just think of all the trade deals you could have done during the time you were complaining about it on the forums. 🤔

I'm at work. This is open in another tab.

I have, if I'm lucky, an average of two hours a night to actually sit down and PLAY a game. So I'd rather not waste that time standing around a hub either hoping someone starts a trade, or wondering why the dude that agreed to meet me here for a trade hasn't shown up yet. And even if I was, it doesn't change the fact that I shouldn't have to.

Edited by (PS4)Ashmane84

Talking about Bethesda they don’t even have twitch drops for console, the irony. 
This is overblown , trade chat been this way.

trading is not for everyone , something’s gonna happen with trading. The way things are going.

but fallout 76 better than Warframe. They never been pinned with each other never. 

ill believe you when you have 76 reasons lol 

till then knock it off  

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

I have, if I'm lucky, an average of two hours a night to actually sit down and PLAY a game. So I'd rather not waste that time standing around a hub either hoping someone starts a trade, or wondering why the dude that agreed to meet me here for a trade hasn't shown up yet. And even if I was, it doesn't change the fact that I shouldn't have to.

Even with an auction house there's no guarantee that people will want what you're peddling, though I can see something working where you can post things in an auction house type deal, but still need players to contact each other for a trade instead of it all being handled by the game. That maintains the player to player aspect of trading, while also making it more convenient for players that have less time or are less interested in trading. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

I have, if I'm lucky, and average of two hours a night to actually sit down and PLAY a game. So I'd rather not waste that time standing around a hub either hoping someone starts a trade, or wondering why the dude that agreed to meet me here for a trade hasn't shown up yet. And even if I was, it doesn't change the fact that I shouldn't have to.

Then don't stand around wasting your time at a hub? Like you said you have better things to do right? Then why don't you do them? As previous replies have told you, you can just post your ad in the trade chat and play a mission or do literally anything else before getting a message alert. You bring up a "problem", solve it, but refuse to call that solution a "solution"

Maybe it's because I'm not 35 years old working three jobs but I'm really struggling to follow your logic here.

P.S. If you're at work, unless you're on break then I wouldn't recommend surfing forums instead of doing what you're suppose to do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Even with an auction house there's no guarantee that people will want what you're peddling, though I can see something working where you can post things in an auction house type deal, but still need players to contact each other for a trade instead of it all being handled by the game. That maintains the player to player aspect of trading, while also making it more convenient for players that have less time or are less interested in trading. 

It's called warframe.market

What you're describing, it's warframe.market

1 hour ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Mucking around in trade chat is something I've only resorted to twice, for a friend, to get him the Requiem mods he needed to kill off his Liches (a system I have not and will not engage with if I can help it, in its current, albeit better, state than when it launched) And even then, the person who answered my WTB request was met with a mod that wasn't even at full charges. A marketplace wouldn't have had that problem (I could have ignored the used mod). It is not a pleasant experience... it's a clunky IRC client (and I used plenty of IRC back in the day.)

I've played text based games with better trade than this (and was an administrator on - both an LPmud and a DIKU mud. Perhaps you know of MUDs - the text based precursors to current online games - which had features they're still trying to catch up to.) I've played MMOs with better trade than this (FFXI, among others)...

The very fact that you have to sit around doing nothing while watching chat, and hoping for replies, rather than playing (because if it takes too much time to get to your dojo, they could have found another buyer in the meantime, and you rushed out of your mission for nothing.) This even plagues warframe.market... you actually have to be present and ready to trade at the drop of a hat, rather than enjoying the game. I've lost several trades because I was playing the game, instead of babysitting my listings.

A marketplace where you can list items for sale at a buy-out price, while you go about your life, is a massive quality of life bonus that no amount of argument from trading bubble-ites can stand up to. It's night and day. It's the difference between playing the game, and playing the market. I'm here to play the game. (it's far from simple, no fuss, no muss, easy... I don't have the words to describe how far from my experience that is.)

Again if you are sitting in chat for hours trying to buy or sell something, you have set the wrong price point. 

Prime junk, which is by definition at the price point you very clearly said was acceptable, does not stay sitting for hours. Typically you can buy or sell dozens of items in minutes, and most of that time is spent loading into a dojo or picking which items you are going to dump. 

You literally said that you have almost no experience in trading with people in the way that I described, so you literally cannot sit there and pretend that it's not fast and easy to do. 

When you actually know what you are talking about, I'd be happy to hear about your experiences in selling your prime junk for 1 plat each. Until then, I'm going to just wonder if you have some other undisclosed issue which keeps you from being able to do something so many others do on a daily basis. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

I know there is a website for trading with people, but that is a community run band-aid, and does not excuse poor design or missing features.

So what if you don't like think it's a good excuse? It works.

Also, you didn't answer my earlier question: why are you standing around in Maroo's instead of just posting your message in Trade Chat between missions? Almost nobody goes into Maroo's to actually find a trade; they do it because they are having issues inviting someone to their dojo.

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashmane84 said:

Right let's try this again because reading comprehension seems to be your Achilles heel. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Trading your prime junk doesn't take long periods of time. It's usually a very fast process. Anyone who thinks that they need to sit for hours and hours to make plat, is trying to trade specific, items, usually above the rate that other people are willing to buy for. 

Literally all you need to do is open some relics (which you should be doing a LOT of at your level to get better gear and mastery fodder). This can take just a couple of minutes per item if you are doing something fast like capture missions. You will end up with a lot of duplicate items, of low worth, and soon enough you'll have a set of 6 (or better yet, multiple sets of 6). Collect some credits to take care of the trade tax (a few 5 wave runs on Seimeni on Ceres will take care of you...) and you're ready to trade. 

Then you just open the trade chat and type "WTS prime junk 6 items for 6 (or 7or 8 if you feel lucky 😎 ) plat". People will message you. If your clan has a trading post, you can invite them to your dojo (if so go to the dojo before you post in trade chat to save time) or ask them to invite you to their dojo. 

Do the trade or multiple trades depending on how much junk you have and then, because you're a polite person who has manners, type "thank you very much" in the private message and move on with your life. No fuss. No muss. No need for any external sites. No ranting needed. 

The end. Literally. That's all it takes to earn plat. There's no secret handshakes to learn, no courses to take, no need to sit down and wonder how the pros do it. 

At 7 plat per trade, if you can do 5 trades, 3 times per week (or 3 trades 5 times per week if you prefer) you're looking at over 100 plat per week, and over 400 plat in a month. 

If you find yourself incapable of making a couple of dozen plat to cover your slot purchases, something is drastically wrong. Not wrong with the game, mind you, because I can confirm that on PS4, people do this all the time. 

As for why you should NOT ever get an auction house in this game, our economy literally can't support that. We're already experiencing price fall off of any given item, and only a fraction of the players use the popular sites to hawk their wares. The issue is that supply is potentially unlimited, but demand is highly limited at any given point in time. Any entry-level economics text tells you that scenario will cause a drop in prices. Giving you what you want, floods the supply side of the market, and does nothing to increase demand. That's bad. That's why there's no auction house system. 

Give it a try and you'll find that you have been embarrassing yourself all this time. 

• Like 4

If we're on the subject of trading, I do wish the game had some kind of trading/auction market hub like SWTOR. I can understand the logistics of why there isn't, but after my first -and probably last- attempt at trading that took for-freaking-ever due to numerous issues (i.e. social anxiety, not having a USB keyboard, connection issues, managing chat tabs, plat issues)... It was stressful enough that it's put me off trading for a while, at least, until I can figure it all out.

Warframe.market is a good idea in theory, but the execution of it has been sorely lacking, if not really awkward/frustrating for console users. I tried to trade for the Mesa Prime BPs I need and a Gram Prime Handle, but I never heard anything back from the people I sent messages to, either on W.M itself or in the game. I'd hazard a guess that's due to the disconnect between PC users and console users (mind, I contacted fellow Switch players), so mmmgh.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Finlaena said:

If we're on the subject of trading, I do wish the game had some kind of trading/auction market hub like SWTOR. I can understand the logistics of why there isn't, but after my first -and probably last- attempt at trading that took for-freaking-ever due to numerous issues (i.e. social anxiety, not having a USB keyboard, connection issues, managing chat tabs, plat issues)... It was stressful enough that it's put me off trading for a while, at least, until I can figure it all out.

Warframe.market is a good idea in theory, but the execution of it has been sorely lacking, if not really awkward/frustrating for console users. I tried to trade for the Mesa Prime BPs I need and a Gram Prime Handle, but I never heard anything back from the people I sent messages to, either on W.M itself or in the game. I'd hazard a guess that's due to the disconnect between PC users and console users (mind, I contacted fellow Switch players), so mmmgh.

A lot of trading in this game is persistence and patience, keep trying and eventually you might get a trade. One or two setbacks should be expected. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

A lot of trading in this game is persistence and patience, keep trying and eventually you might get a trade. One or two setbacks should be expected. 

You got that right, haha!

To be fair, I did trade with a couple lovely people who were extraordinarily patient with me throughout the whole process. If they would have allowed me to give more plat to them in return, I would have done so without question.

• Like 1

Eeeee'yup. 

The trading system in general is probably my biggest -and so far only- major bone of contention with the game. I'd like to think that maybe an overhaul of it could happen later on down the line, especially for console players, but I'm probably still too much of an optimistic new-ish player, lmao.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Finlaena said:

You got that right, haha!

To be fair, I did trade with a couple lovely people who were extraordinarily patient with me throughout the whole process. If they would have allowed me to give more plat to them in return, I would have done so without question.

I'm usually in the business of giving a few extra platinum to people that are very helpful and don't ask for much, especially if it's a single part that I need. And I usually don't charge much either. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Depends on the price point. Just like real life trading. If you set a high price, expect it to sit until a motivated buyer comes along. If you set the price significantly lower then the item will end up being sold much, much faster. 

This actually explains why an auction house will undoubtedly cause prices to plummet in this game. People are willing to take less plat, in order to get their hands on the plat quickly. 

Selling the parts as prime junk is the extreme form of doing this. You're willing to take just one or two plat per item, in order to make immediate sales. 

No I'm pretty sure that the person passive aggressively saying that someone wasn't allowed to respond was you:

So....... What does that make you? 

Exactly, if you set too high of a price point it's going to take much longer. Before I knew the worth of unveiled rivens I sold one for much cheaper than normal, and got 8 offers in a few minutes. Even now unveiled rivens are something that will usually sell pretty quick and most of the time I'll sell them rather than unveil them, since unveiling them got me where I am now of having 6 common weapon rivens and no one wanting to buy them. 

And my family would usually that kind of person a schmendrick. 

Edited by (XB1)Red Dough Boy
  • Like 1

Seeing as we don't have runescape's Grand Exchange (which has its own problems with bots trading with bots to influence prices) if you sell items low in demand or at too big a buyout, you will stand around for eternity.

Unfortunately that's what we've got for now. Forum posts and listings are free and will be read and responded to while you're alseep.

I don't want an auction house.  I make a ton of plat listing my items / rivens on a couple player run websites.  Because a large portion of players are to lazy to list and to disorganized to handle many items, I benefit.  

Yes, I benefit from your laziness.  It ensures my items are listed at best possible prices.  If it was easy, everyone would do it and the price of everything would plummet.  That's bad for me.  

I never use trade chat but I can run out of trades as an MR28 as soon as I make my account listed.  An auction house would eat up useful server space, require programming, and destroy prices of items so it's not even worth bothering to trade. 

I'd rather DE just stick to making a good game, an auction house would screw up Warframe.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

I don't want an auction house.  I make a ton of plat listing my items / rivens on a couple player run websites.  Because a large portion of players are to lazy to list and to disorganized to handle many items, I benefit.  

Yes, I benefit from your laziness.  It ensures my items are listed at best possible prices.  If it was easy, everyone would do it and the price of everything would plummet.  That's bad for me.  

I never use trade chat but I can run out of trades as an MR28 as soon as I make my account listed.  An auction house would eat up useful server space, require programming, and destroy prices of items so it's not even worth bothering to trade. 

I'd rather DE just stick to making a good game, an auction house would screw up Warframe.

I find it interesting that you decided to go with "making a good game" when the very feature you're in opposition to would only serve to improve the game. Yet, you also admit that you're profiting off of the current flawed design, so at least you're honest in your dishonesty. You don't want them to make a good game, a good game has an auction house. You want them to make a game that's good for YOU. 

Well first, nobody wants to read complaints. This is the feedback forums, not the whining forums. As for your second thread about the auction house, refer back to point #1: Feedback, not whining. You spent most of the time in that thread venting and arguing, while ignoring a lot of valid responses to you. Namely, you were mad that you "have to spend so much time in Maroo's Bazaar with your hand up" when you're not supposed to use Maroo's Bazaar like that at all. You dismissed a lot of reasonable replies and instead just moved the goalpost to find something else to be mad about. 

You're mad that you want to actually play the game instead of sit around in Maroo's, well why don't you just go do that? There's no urgent need for platinum when you're a new player anyway. By the time you do need some, you'll have more than enough miscellaneous prime parts to sell for a slot or two. Just post "WTS Prime Junk" before and after each mission and you'll get buyers in no time. 

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Yet you stated that Fallout 76 ( a well known Fuster Cluck of a game) as being better.  That was just as much a BS statement that others couldn't tolerate.  

When you say something like that it's going to be the focused part of the thread especially when op didn't elaborate at all on such a statement and auction house threads are just a dead topic on the fourms it pops up over and over and they all go the same generally so the fallout comment got heavily focused since it was something different.

• Like 1