Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Volt dropping Current Shield when reloading

(PSN)Sentiel

On PS4, when Volt uses his Current Shield and presses the square button to reload his secondary weapon he will also drop the Current Shield.

This is because by default, the square button is used for reloading and contextual actions.

I assumed this is intentional, but following a short discussion in another topic, I was told that this doesn't happen on PC, so it's likely a console specific bug.

Could you please change how the square button works in relation to picking up and dropping the Electric Shield (the whole ability, so both Static and Current Shields), so that it has to be held to interact with the Shield and pressed normally for reloading and other contextual actions (e.g. Mercy, hacking, etc.)?

Also, Volt drops the Current Shield when you use the Spoiler Mode. Could you please change it so Volt keeps a hold of the Current Shield in these situations?

Thank you in advance for looking into this.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

I was told that this doesn't happen on PC

You were lied to, then.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

it has to be held to interact with the Shield and pressed normally for reloading and other contextual actions (e.g. Mercy, hacking, etc.)

Would be nice.

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

Also, Volt drops the Current Shield when you use the Spoiler Mode

Huh, never noticed that, yeah that's a bit silly / unnecessary, as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

From my understanding the initial post meant that PC players can reload while holding the Current Shield and PS4 players cannot because reload is tied to the same button used to pick up and drop the shield.

I don't think Sentiel was lied to about PC players being able to reload at will, since we can in fact do so.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OrdinaryActualAmericanpainthorse-mobile.mp4

It's good to know this is a console only issue, it proves to me this is likely a bug or design oversight, in any case, something that can be fixed.

The problem with "Context Action Includes Reload" is that if you turn it off, you lose button binding for reload completely.

I've since posting this changed mapping to reload = square button and context action = Dpad Up, which solves the issues and also other common issues related to having one button do too many things but this way is cumbersome and uncomfortable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-03-19 at 2:29 PM, (PS4)Sentiel said:

It's good to know this is a console only issue

It still isn't, though. My Volt drops his Elec Shield all the time when manually reloading.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

this issue has not been addressed in any of the recent patches and hotfixes

Because it's not really a bug (except for that Operator = Shield drop thing),
you could (and IMO should) make a Feedback topic suggesting the "hold to pick up / drop" functionality.

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

It still isn't, though. My Volt drops his Elec Shield all the time when manually reloading.

Because it's not really a bug (except for that Operator = Shield drop thing),
you could (and IMO should) make a Feedback topic suggesting the "hold to pick up / drop" functionality.

There's proof in the thread to support both. It can be a bug and it doesn't have to be. I'd like to have DE review that and decide, if you don't mind.

I would also like to refrain from posting the same thread in the Feedback section, even though it may be the correct place for it. Once one of the mods sees it they can move it if the need be.

Thank you very much for the input.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
3 minutes ago, (PSN)exseque said:

This is still an issue. Very annoying. 

Doesn't seem like switching controls will fix either....

I had to switch my context button to the UP arrow on D-pad. I have it this way for YEARS and the muscle memory is so set in I use UP as the context button in other games as well.

sad panda GIF