Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pubs not stabbing their lich for some reason

(PSN)zenhumphrey

Ok so, I've read ALOT of tenno in the forums complaining about pubs in murmur farm not stabbing thier lich for a sweet murmur boost and I agree, I also want the players in my squad to stab their lich to make the farm faster but some players just do not want to, why? either A) they can't handle their lich at level 5 or B) they probably don't know stabbing your lich gives a boost.
Let's say you went into a squad for murmur farming and then one of the player's lich spawned, the whole squad is waiting and expecting that player to stab their lich but he/she didn't, you ask why waste such an opportunity and they say they don't wanna make their lich harder. If you are a player who does not stab your lich for this reason then, PLEASE seek help from other players or get some better gear to kick your lich's butt. Liches were meant to be difficult, so if you can't handle the difficult task please get better gear or ask a friend or someone to help you defeat the lich, you are making the farm much slower and making the goal take much longer than unusual, Iam not calling anyone who can't handle their lich a bad player, I'm just saying that if you can't handle a difficult task then find a better solution to it, also don't be toxic about people who stabs/tells you to stab your lich. Lastly if you are a player who CAN handle a lich but thinks stabbing them won't give any benefit then you are totally wrong. Stabbing your lich with the wrong/without a requiem gives you a high murmur boost that will make the farm faster in the cost of making it harder. Also if your lich did spawn don't kill it yet! Liches will convert a grineer near it to a thrall, the lich will normally convert 5-10 grineer into thralls, this is also a big boost on your murmur farm but it will just make the mission a little bit longer. 

I've solo'd about 15 liches so far and those types of players are mostly the reason for it. I did try farming with squad but been encountering those players too often.

EDIT:

uhm ok so I've been getting alot of backlash about the post and i just wanna clear out some things

1. I don't actually want to force any player to play in a specific play style.

2. I'm not trying to be toxic to other players 

3. I'm TRYING to say that liches CAN be dealt with a group and some people do want to help you if a level 5 lich keeps kicking your butt. I just think that stabbing your lich is a really helpful way of speeding the process of murmur farm and if you don't have the time to get better gear then players are always there to help

4. I'm not "complaining" about players not stabbing their lich, I just want other players to know that stabbing your own lich will give a benefit for the squad.

Lastly, I'm not hating on the players that don't stab their lich, I don't see them as annoying players that don't know how to play the game, just people who are struggling to do the difficult task and went into the easy path because that's all they can handle for now, again, I'm NOT trying to be toxic to those players.

sorry if i sounded toxic but I'm really not trying to.

Edited by (PS4)zenhumphrey
  • Like 5

hace 8 minutos, (PS4)zenhumphrey dijo:

Ok so, I've read ALOT of tenno in the forums complaining about pubs in murmur farm not stabbing thier lich for a sweet murmur boost and I agree, I also want the players in my squad to stab their lich to make the farm faster but some players just do not want to, why? either A) they can't handle their lich at level 5 or B) they probably don't know stabbing your lich gives a boost.
Let's say you went into a squad for murmur farming and then one of the player's lich spawned, the whole squad is waiting and expecting that player to stab their lich but he/she didn't, you ask why waste such an opportunity and they say they don't wanna make their lich harder. If you are a player who does not stab your lich for this reason then, PLEASE get better at handling much difficult content in the game! Liches were meant to be difficult, so if you can't handle the difficult task please get better gear or ask a friend or someone to help you defeat the lich, you are making the farm much slower and making the goal take much longer than unusual, Iam not calling anyone who can't handle their lich a bad player, I'm just saying that if you can't handle a difficult task then find a better solution to it, also don't be toxic about people who stabs/tells you to stab your lich. Lastly if you are a player who CAN handle a lich but thinks stabbing them won't give any benefit then you are totally wrong. Stabbing your lich with the wrong/without a requiem gives you a high murmur boost that will make the farm faster in the cost of making it harder. Also if your lich did spawn don't kill it yet! Liches will convert a grineer near it to a thrall, the lich will normally convert 5-10 grineer into thralls, this is also a big boost on your murmur farm but it will just make the mission a little bit longer. 

I've solo'd about 15 liches so far and those types of players are mostly the reason for it. I did try farming with squad but been encountering those players too often.

Cat Facepalm GIF

the longer the lich stays in the mission the more enemies are converted to thralls... thus speeding up the murmur farm...
and if a tenno chooses to knock out their lich 3 times without parazon to save them from levelling then thats fine too.

if you have such a stick up your exhaust vent about "noobs" not playing the way you want, then you can always play solo or with friends.

• Like 3

1. Unless you are complaining about not getting any Kuva from the stab, I don't see any more reason to complain. They don't wanna stab the Lich ? Fine ! I'm gonna kick-azz their Lich 3 times. Me and the other 2 ppl don't wanna wait.

2. After doing nearly 40 Liches, I learned that just quickly "smash-and-grab" the Liches and killing all thralls on the way is more efficient than waiting the Lich to spawn more, plus if the Lich spawns in a place where there is no mob to convert, no thrall for you. You have more time to enter new missions, new thralls and more chance to grab your Lich.

3. There are a lot of ppl don't wanna stab Lich just like you complained, and each of them has their own reasons, most importance of all, their selective understanding (I learned this shjt the "medium" way). You won't be able to persuade them all. Just do like my advice number 1 above and you have no more negative feeling.

• Like 1

Or their way of fighting Liches isn't the same as yours? Not everyone wants to deal with a level five Lich even if they have the gear/means to fight them.

Also if you prefer to stab your Lich as soon as possible for farming then it has always been faster to do the missions solo.

Plus the only player being toxic seems to be you here; in a pub the only thing that can tell someone how to play is the terms of service and code of conduct, not you.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CobraCommanderPrime said:

the longer the lich stays in the mission the more enemies are converted to thralls... thus speeding up the murmur farm...
and if a tenno chooses to knock out their lich 3 times without parazon to save them from levelling then thats fine too.

if you have such a stick up your exhaust vent about "noobs" not playing the way you want, then you can always play solo or with friends.

I'm NOT trying to make the players in my squad play MY way i'm just saying that if you can't to handle your lich you then I just don't want the murmur boost to go to waste. I'm also not calling anyone a noob, what i mean by "please handle liches better" is not in a "get better at the game you noob" but rather in a "if you can't handle it then try a different way or simply just ask someone to help". 

Edited by (PS4)zenhumphrey

If I'm just shy of revealing another requiem I'll leave my lich as I'll gain more from engaging it later than the few murmurs I'll get now.

That said, I'm pretty sure the "down it 3 times and it'll sod off without ranking up" can be pulled by anyone in the party, so if worst comes to the worst that's the solution.

Reasons not to:

-I don't want them at level 5. There's no benefit.

-Leaving them alive creates more thralls.

-Ranking them up zeroes out their anger bar. Less appearances = less thrall creation and it'll take longer to find them once I have the correct combination.

-Ranking them up puts them on more planets. There is no benefit to having resources taken when I can have them not taken, neither is there any benefit to getting the exact same resources later instead of now.

The only time I will ever attempt to use a finisher on mine is when they're on their last node on their only planet (or when I've got all symbols and need to know the order). Since they'll rank up anyway at that point, testing my first combination there is a free action. Doing it before then is just inefficient.

Edited by DoomFruit
  • Like 4

they might not know about the boost, or they could be farming thralls. different strokes for different folks, but I always go for the stab as it eases the murmur grind a little (Could be better though), and sometimes you get lucky and a Requiem you haven't tried is the one. killed a couple of Liches at rank 3 stabbing every time, so while the chances aren't in your favour, it's totally possible. plus it's also more considerate to stab, as it allows other people's Liches to appear in a group, and they might be really close to killing their lich. usually if you let them get theirs and help them, they'll return the favour. 

I don't mind levelling them up as I always take a loadout that I know will work: not meta stuff necessarily, but modded for Lich's weakness, and I usually run groups, so they go down easy enough. I also didn't mind the backbreaker animation, as revives aren't really worth that much now anyway; if we were still on the old revive system then I'd hesitate. 

still, i got all the weapons, so unless I decide to try for Ephemeras, I'm basically done with Liches anyhow.

Just go solo, it is far more beneficial.

You can reliably get both all the extra thralls aswell as stab the lich at the end, since no one else is around to mess it up. Just let the lich strole around and turn thralls as you do the mission, then double back and shank him when the mission is complete. At times you get a full extra mission worth of murmurs in the process from the thralls he spawns with little extra time invested.

Edited by SneakyErvin

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

Just go solo, it is far more beneficial.

You can reliably get both all the extra thralls aswell as stab the lich at the end, since no one else is around to mess it up. Just let the lich strole around and turn thralls as you do the mission, then double back and shank him when the mission is complete. At times you get a full extra mission worth of murmurs in the process from the thralls he spawns with little extra time invested.

Yeah I do play solo but group is a little faster, got alot of hate for my post and I don't think I said what i tried to say correctly and I'm sorry for that really.

2 hours ago, RunningChaos said:

I wish Liches started at lvl 5 and went to 10. That would hopefully keep the noobs away from the content. Best part of Lich system is the lvl 5 increased difficulty.

woah there, "noobs" shouldn't really be "kept away" from the lich content. Like everyone else said, solo gameplay is there for you or even your clan members/friends who have the same skill level as you. 

33 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Were those posts from last year? Because we've been here and done this thread at least twice now. It's time to stop.

Oof, didn't really know, shouldn't have probably posted the topic anyway since I made it sound like I'm trying to manipulate others to do what I like the most in game sooo, yeah probably should end now.

I figure you wouldn't have this issue if DE would stop sticking murmur farms on defections, disruptions, interceptions, and anything else that requires a solo player to be two places at once and just make them all exterminates. For me at least...simply because I hate those modes and the maps they are on. Now I know about this issue and I usually stay out of open murmur farms unless it's with friends and we are all on the same page of getting our house of Parazon mods in order.

But I can see why some players won't stab the Lich when you may have only one parazon mod in the order of three. The only time you do so is  if you've almost cleared out the starting planet and you want access to new exterminates and captures for the last two murmurs so you can kill them efficiently at level 2-3-4. 

For the most part I've witnessed players just downing the Lich and knocking its shields out till it finally just times out... while everyone else is either sitting at extraction or attacking any thralls popping up in-between spawns...

One lich I raised to level 5 kicked the crap out of 5 or 6 pub groups. I finally had to do a LFG to find a group strong enough to kill the damn thing. He had a Tonkor that was one shotting entire groups and he'd leap around like a demented bullfrog on steroids, turning invisible occasionally and dropping Tonkor grenades like Easter Eggs. Hilarious really, but also super annoying. Since then I've tried to avoid getting them to level 5.

24 minutes ago, 3rdpig said:

One lich I raised to level 5 kicked the crap out of 5 or 6 pub groups. I finally had to do a LFG to find a group strong enough to kill the damn thing. He had a Tonkor that was one shotting entire groups and he'd leap around like a demented bullfrog on steroids, turning invisible occasionally and dropping Tonkor grenades like Easter Eggs. Hilarious really, but also super annoying. Since then I've tried to avoid getting them to level 5.

Tonkor liches in general are nasty to fight.

Every time I decline to stab the lich, I get people trying to explain the system to me. Every damn time. I've done 37 liches, I understand intimately how the system works. Amazingly, I'm fully aware that stabbing the lich gets you 10 murmurs. I still don't always do it, and here's why:

• sometimes, I have a pain-in-the-ass lich and I don't want to deal with it at level 5
  • sometimes, I'd rather not risk turning a resistance into an immunity or ending up with a lich full of immunities
  • sometimes, I don't want to waste a guess when I'm a couple murmurs away from getting the next mod reveal 
  • sometimes, I realize I forgot to modify my parazon and there's no point to wasting the stab because I know it will be wrong

I'd much rather wait for someone to down their lich three times than watch someone blitz a Lich capture and net us all of THREE damn thralls. Patience is a virtue. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 2