Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When are raids or trials coming back?

redkunaz

Honestly I'm not sure they ever will, or at least not in the same form. I suspect DE will be doubling down on Operations, also things like Eidolons/Ropalolyst and of course rail jack.

Edited by Lion

I'm curious as well.  The posts DE made when they removed them said they'd be gone "for a short time" and implied a bit of a rework, but they've been gone for ages now, and it would be nice to have a bit of choice for end-game material.  I also very much enjoyed the teamwork (that is also seen in railjack), and though I was just getting into the trials when DE removed them, I felt like they were fun and interesting to play.

While I'm unaware of any official claims or statements made on them recently I suspect any or all efforts they made to reworking them went the same way as the Dark Sectors reworks; having been repurposed into other game systems. For instance I wouldn't be at all surprised if mechanics/fights meant for their rework ended up in the Orb Fights and Railjack.

Though they may have just scraped the idea all together and have moved on to other things. Especially as the core aspect that made Trials different was the cooperation required of it and that hasn't really gone over too well in other modes. Just look at all the complaints people are still making over dealing with random people in Railjack and Lich missions.

On 2020-02-19 at 6:55 PM, redkunaz said:

De i loved trials, i loved the team coordination, and it was promised they would come back in 2018

I'm still waiting , but something tells me they wont come back until it is 2030 , please just re release it, even with bugs it was fun,

You weren't promised anything of the kind. To quote DE Scott at the time of their removal (Devstream 75)

“We are looking to repurpose existing Raid content to make the game mode accessible for lower-level players while also preparing them for this end-game content as they continue to progress.”

The content (maps, assets, story) might return, but not in that form.

Eidolons and the Orb fights are DE's current direction in large co-op fights.

Trial-like content is still being looked at and I would hope that DE have learned the lesson that forced-teaming content is not popular enough to justify the work.

Edited by SilentMobius

On 2020-02-19 at 1:55 PM, redkunaz said:

De i loved trials, i loved the team coordination, and it was promised they would come back in 2018

I'm still waiting , but something tells me they wont come back until it is 2030 , please just re release it, even with bugs it was fun,

Lol as someone who ran over 700 JVs. I want them back as well.

1 hour ago, SilentMobius said:

I would hope that DE have learned the lesson that forced-teaming content is not popular enough to justify the work.

Oh right because the glorified friendship door known as squad link totally isn't this very "problem" people had with Trials. /s

Edited by Voltage

3 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

Trial-like content is still being looked at and I would hope that DE have learned the lesson that forced-teaming content is not popular enough to justify the work.

i wish people who want to solo multiplayer online games would just drink bleach and die. but one can only dream ....

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Oh right because the glorified friendship door known as squad link totally isn't this very "problem" people had with Trials. /s

It's not, because from all we've seen so far is that it's optional. Optional as in you have to opt in in the first place, and optional in a gameplay sense that you're not dont have to rely on your linked squad for the mission to succeed. Once DE tries to introduce content that requires both parties to succeed, or locks rewards behind both sides succeeding, then you have cause for concern. Should that happen I'll happily join in to the complaints.

5 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

Co-op isn't really a problem; the real lesson they were saying they "learned" was to be more careful with "islands" that mostly amount to spaghetti code that keeps breaking with each update

Considering how much broke with Empyrean (enemy ships are still missing their textures on loading screens, and it took them two months to fix Ceiling Turrets) they haven't really learned much on the spaghetti code front

Looking at LOR, there was nothing there that nowadays we couldn't effectively handle on our own with pads, a good build, and dedication. The only thing holding it back is the button pressing, which honestly didn't really mean much in terms of difficulty. Go stand on X spot until Y moves past a certain point, or until all points are pressed in order. Really easy stuff.

As for JV, it had Archwing. Big barrier right there. Plus, Amesha exists. I'd say JV was much better for teamwork, but even it had flaws, namely spawns. Swear to god spawns would just destroy any ounce of fun to be had during a certain part. I believe they can do much better with Railjack and Squad Link. Plus, Raids sort of exist. Playing the entirety of the Profit Taker Heist without returning feels sort of like a Raid, and Exploiter feels much better of a boss than Vay Hek EVER did in LOR. Honestly, I love the Exploiter and Profit Taker as compared to any other fight. Though Profit Taker and her adaptation is annoying. I can only carry so many elements with me, and because I play solo, the fight is just annoying when she swaps to one element I don't have.

Also. Do we truly need 8 Tenno rampaging in one place? I mean, just 4 of us is impossible to defeat considering our options offensively and defensively. Imagine 8 of us. We're leagues ahead of what we were back then. The difficulty it once had is completely gone.

14 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

You weren't promised anything of the kind. To quote DE Scott at the time of their removal (Devstream 75)

The content (maps, assets, story) might return, but not in that form.

Eidolons and the Orb fights are DE's current direction in large co-op fights.

The thing about trials that many people forget was that it was never forced teaming. You'd have to craft a BP and in most cases it's a pre-made group if not all cases. Nobody was forcing you to do trails as well. Being that even endurance runs past 1.5 hours can be done without arcanes to this day. They also werent removed due to lack of popularity but lack of good code to keep it from breaking. 

Tdlr- lor and Jordas was never forced co-op as everyone who usually ran it was pre-made or was organized and wanted to do it being that you had to go out your way to initiate them. Please stop spewing that misinformation