Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Inaros Adaptation and Negation Swarm work together?

Infernus3

Question

I am a new player and am starting an Inaros heavy tank build. I have seen in the wiki that Negation Swarm cancels any and all status effects. Also, Adaptation gains charges based on status effects as well like poison, fire etc. So if I use Negation Swarm with Adaptation, will Adaption not get any charges for status resistance because it is being countered by Negation Swarm?

Please help...

19 answers to this question

Hi there ^.^ 

In fact adaptation is not by status but by dammage type and negation swarm is for status so basicly they should work together since the goal of each is different ^.^ 

You wont be afflicted by status ( negation swarm ) , have a better armor ( the swarm regular effect ) and on top of that you will adapt to dammage type ( adaptation )

Welcome to the forums tenno i'm trunks the typo guy ^.^ 

PS Top that with big amount of health and armor and maybe something to replenish energy on hit like rage or hunter adrenaline and you will be literaly a god ... just sayin have a nice one ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 1

I use Inaros quite a bit. I used to use Negation Swarm, but never really appreciated it because I use Arcane Resistance for 80% Toxin resist. I do use Adaption with Inaros and get a lot more value out of it. I know that doesn't actually answer your question, but generally I see Adaption as a replacement for Negation Swarm - a lot more versital. 

BTW: Inaros works great with Hunter's Adreneline and/or Rage, with max armor and health. I use Medi-Ray on his sentinel too, but it's overkill at that point. Let me know if you want me to provide his builds.

Thanks a lot everyone. My build currently is Vitality, Steel Fibre, Hunter Adrenaline, corrosive projection, Rush, Adaptation, Flow, Stretch Intensify and some other stuff. A few are just there to fill up the slots. Also I run around with a Galatine with maxxed atk speed and charge time, and Parry and Life strike. Also I have a kubrow with pack leader, link Health, link Armor and Hunter recovery on me. A bunch of other stuff. So he heals me and I heal him too.

I plan on using Arcane Guardian, (grace is too damn expensive and rare) Negation Swarm and replace Vitality and Fibre with all 3 umbral versions. Also, guardian Derision and electromagnetic Shielding for my Ack and Brunt. If I can afford them.

I can tank almost anything in the game right now. Haven't died till now even with 50 mins+ high Infested. But sadly don't have the dmg to kill anything beyond lvl 40 fast enough. Total game time is 52 hrs. 😅

50 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

4 minutes ago, Infernus3 said:

Thanks a lot everyone. My build currently is Vitality, Steel Fibre, Hunter Adrenaline, corrosive projection, Rush, Adaptation, Flow, Stretch Intensify and some other stuff. A few are just there to fill up the slots. Also I run around with a Galatine with maxxed atk speed and charge time, and Parry and Life strike. Also I have a kubrow with pack leader, link Health, link Armor and Hunter recovery on me. A bunch of other stuff. So he heals me and I heal him too.

I plan on using Arcane Guardian, (grace is too damn expensive and rare) Negation Swarm and replace Vitality and Fibre with all 3 umbral versions. Also, guardian Derision and electromagnetic Shielding for my Ack and Brunt. If I can afford them.

I can tank almost anything in the game right now. Haven't died till now even with 50 mins+ high Infested. But sadly don't have the dmg to kill anything beyond lvl 40 fast enough. Total game time is 52 hrs. 😅

Bro, that means you just rushed to get Inaros. No offence meant there. But if you are MR4 or above, a Hek would be a great choice. About MR 6, Cernos is a great bow to try out, not to forget Dread. MR8 gives access to so many other weapons, including the self killer Lenz, and at MR 14, you get access to the beam cannon Opticor. These are just some highlights.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Oh and to answer "What do i do with all that energy" Question in advance . Get a dagger with covert lethality and pocket sand everyone ^.^ 

Covert Lethality has been lethally murdered by DE now. It only adds 100% finisher damage to daggers, and no insta kill like before. Sorry to disappoint you.

if you're having difficulty Killing Enemies, sounds like the next step is to collect more types of Damage Mods.

2 hours ago, --DSP--CephalonSamara said:

since that mod was go to for clearing out Nox, bombards and other nasties fast.

i always found Damage to be pretty useful for Killing tougher Enemies, it's always worked out pretty well. so i'd figure the go to would be Damage.

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

if you're having difficulty Killing Enemies, sounds like the next step is to collect more types of Damage Mods.

i always found Damage to be pretty useful for Killing tougher Enemies, it's always worked out pretty well. so i'd figure the go to would be Damage.

Err, it was never an answer to the initial question, tbh. Someone just suggested using Covert Lethality with Inaros, and I was just clarifying that the mod in question cannot be used for insta kills like before, which used to be quite handy against a lvl 100 bombard or nox unit

5 hours ago, --DSP--CephalonSamara said:

Bro, that means you just rushed to get Inaros. No offence meant there. But if you are MR4 or above, a Hek would be a great choice. About MR 6, Cernos is a great bow to try out, not to forget Dread. MR8 gives access to so many other weapons, including the self killer Lenz, and at MR 14, you get access to the beam cannon Opticor. These are just some highlights.

Yeah. I started the game. Then Google searched for the strongest frame, got a few suggestions, searched for the best tanks, got another few suggestions, then randomly saw a YouTube vid with an Inaros immortal build with 14k hp when all other frames were showing 1-1.5k max. Well, for a guy who loves playing tanks in RPGs, the sheer difference in HP blew my mind. Y'all can probably imagine how the Inaros in that vid was steamrolling everything. Read about him, loved everything about him, except the 3rd spell. Would have been a lot better if we could choose whether we needed to knockback enemies with Sandstorm or pull in everything into a bladed meat grinder. Decided 1st frame had to be Inaros.

Now I am building Oberon. Will concentrate on a 1v1 frame after this.

Yes I do have Dread, Hek, Kohm, Vectis, Lex, Gorgon(I wanted Soma prime, sadly had to settle for this) Atomos. Basically all the best guns in their category for my MR lvl 7. But I don't have the mods for them. The mods will keep coming slowly and steadily.

9 minutes ago, --DSP--CephalonSamara said:

Err, it was never an answer to the initial question, tbh. Someone just suggested using Covert Lethality with Inaros, and I was just clarifying that the mod in question cannot be used for insta kills like before, which used to be quite handy against a lvl 100 bombard or nox unit

For this, I've resorted to Kogake Prime with a Kogake Exidex riven. +finisher damage and + status. People often call it trash but I mainly use it on my Ash with fatal teleport and get 656% finisher damage. I insta kill ANYTHING I can use a finisher on.

But as to the original question at hand, Adaptation only reduces the amount of damage you take from a damage type. Negation Swarm negates the whole status effect at the cost of 3% of swarm. I use both together and tend to receive minimal damage often. I use Inaros to farm my Kuva Lich when the bugger hits rank 4/5. Easy to survive everything with so much damage negation.

Edited by (PS4)Shin-Samsara
Spacing for the two points made.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Shin-Samsara said:

For this, I've resorted to Kogake Prime with a Kogake Exidex riven. +finisher damage and + status. People often call it trash but I mainly use it on my Ash with fatal teleport and get 656% finisher damage. I insta kill ANYTHING I can use a finisher on.

But as to the original question at hand, Adaptation only reduces the amount of damage you take from a damage type. Negation Swarm negates the whole status effect at the cost of 3% of swarm. I use both together and tend to receive minimal damage often. I use Inaros to farm my Kuva Lich when the bugger hits rank 4/5. Easy to survive everything with so much damage negation.

Thanks brother. Helps a lot.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Shin-Samsara said:

You're very welcome. Also I would suggest using Vazarin if you find yourself taking a big amount of damage. The healing you can provide from void dash is insanely useful.

Thanks for the suggestion, but trust me, healing is the last thing I need right now. 😅 My problem is not being able to kill anything above mid level fast enough since I don't have the mods or Endo to upgrade them. I'm 52 hrs old in WF right now. I can't do Sorties because I can't get past Vay Hek. I don't take any dmg, but I can't deal anything decent to him either. I hate all of these grineer bosses. Especially any game that needs a stupidly difficult puzzle to solve. 😡 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Shin-Samsara said:

I'm pretty sure you love that riven, but then again, its a riven. Covert lethality used to be a cheap mod which could work wonders ( no piss on your riven). Rivens are more of a pain than support, as 90% of time, either they are trash, not of weapon you use, or don't give the stats you want.

Also, if you can afford, try getting a finisher damage riven for Fragor, and use it with Fragor Prime. Hammers have highest multiplier on finishers, so can go even higher 😝

Edited by --DSP--CephalonSamara

15 hours ago, trunks013 said:

Oh and to answer "What do i do with all that energy" Question in advance . Get a dagger with covert lethality and pocket sand everyone ^.^ 

Dagger with covert lethality seems not as good anymore ^.^ 

Inaros is all about overkill - I don't need that much health, armor, or energy, and he was fine before adaptation - mine sits at 5600 hit points with full energy 90%+ of the time. How I play him inculdes unlimited use of his whirl wind, sand, and minion-making. If I want to do a finisher I can use Orthos Prime, he doesn't use my Rakta Dark Dagger - Ash, Volt, and Nova do.

On 2020-02-20 at 9:20 AM, Infernus3 said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but trust me, healing is the last thing I need right now. 😅 My problem is not being able to kill anything above mid level fast enough since I don't have the mods or Endo to upgrade them. I'm 52 hrs old in WF right now. I can't do Sorties because I can't get past Vay Hek. I don't take any dmg, but I can't deal anything decent to him either. I hate all of these grineer bosses. Especially any game that needs a stupidly difficult puzzle to solve. 😡 

Mate, each boss has its own mechanics and approach which needs to be taken to defeat them. Most are straight forward come in, shoot and go. but some are different. If you like, I can explain mechanics of all bosses if you can contact me in-game.

19 hours ago, --DSP--CephalonSamara said:

Mate, each boss has its own mechanics and approach which needs to be taken to defeat them. Most are straight forward come in, shoot and go. but some are different. If you like, I can explain mechanics of all bosses if you can contact me in-game.

Thanks for the assistance brother. I googled them to see how to kill them. It's just that they are really annoying to kill. And. A 10 day old f2p player doesn't have the reqd dmg mods to kill them even if he knows how to do it. I'll get there, slowly and steadily. My toaster PC doesn't help either. 😅

I am really curious how many people solo cleared Sands of Inaros' final boss in  34hrs gameplay with MR5. I felt like a goddam pro player after killing that Inaros with my Excalibur. 😂