Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cannot Access Fishing Menu If Melee Button Assigned To RB

(XBOX)Eli and Niti

I have for years run with the RB button on the xbox set as my melee button... I literally cannot think of a better button for it tbh.  I recently went to the plains to complete the "fish some stuffs" quest for the Nightwave, and upon equipping my fishing spear, and was told to use the RB button to bring up the fishing gear menu... this does not work as my character melees instead.  Is there any way we could maybe have it so that if you change the melee button to the context actions menu, could we also have the X button do this (since it is the context button anyway)?  I really do not fancy re-learning how to use my controls just to be able to fish, and I do not like the idea of constantly changing my button layout just to be able to fish either.  The old system wherein you pressed the consumables menu again with the fishing spear equipped was much better, and far more user friendly than this current system (at least for those who use a custom control setup).

Same for PS4.  For years, I've also had R1 bound to melee - from the year 1 controller layout where the PS4 touchpad was used for the abilities.  I couldn't fish at all since selecting a fishing spear from the main gear menu will then prompt me to hit R1 ("Hold R1 for actions"), and nothing happens when I do.

Apart from fishing, this has also caused numerous problems on Railjack.  When walking around the Railjack, pressing R1 will do melee instead of bringing up the tactical menu (which allows you to teleport to other positions in ship use use abilities like Void Cloak).  Furthermore, when in the pilot's seat, pressing R1 will lock the screen to the RJ abilities. You can launch Void Hole, Particle Ram, etc, BUT to get out, you need to hit the tactical menu button (left d-pad for PS4), THEN circle to exit.

So after 5+ years of my old controller payout, I had enough of the nonsense and poorly testing bugs above and switched back to the default controls.  So finally, finally now, I can fish and use railjack controls properly.  But this shouldn't have been forced on me.

I sounded this off in the PS4 update thread as well (linked below) but no one bothered it seems.  DE and console teams at DE, if you're reading this, please please take a look. 😞

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...