Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Valence Transfer" for Warframes, Weapons and Sentinels?

Sweeney

If you know what Valence Transfer is, the title is self explanatory.

Let us do that with stuff other than the Kuva Weapons.

I hate having to discard a Warframe I've polarized 3-5 times once their Prime variant comes out. It's a waste. Might as well use it up and have those polarized slots carry over.

I haven't touched Nezha since his rework, because I know he'll be getting Primed soon. I've bought his Deluxe Bundle and everything in advance.

(Stupid sexy Nezha!)

Edit (2/23/2020) begins here:

So hey. Turns out I'm the one who didn't understand what Valence Transfer is, at least not well enough. So to further clarify, I'm adding this addendum.

I'd like to be able to use the non-primed variant as the "donor" and the Prime as the "upgraded" item, and I'd like for Forma/Lenses/Catalysts & Reactors to be carried over from the Donor to the Upgraded item.

The Donor (non-primed, non-Umbra, non-Mutalist/Quanta/Rakta etc.) is consumed in the process.

For instance, when Nezha Prime comes out, if you have a regular Nezha that has been polarized 4 times, has an Orokin Reactor installed, has a Lua Lens installed, has an Aura Forma installed, an Exilus Adapter, and anything else I might be forgetting- you can go under the actions tab when upgrading your Nezha Prime and select "Valence Transfer" (or whatever it ends up being called) and select your base Nezha to consume and have all of that investment carry over to your Nezha Prime.

This same process can be done with weapons (Baza to Baza Prime, Orthos to Orthos Prime etc.) and I think Umbra Frames should also allow this. It would be nice if this also worked for Syndicate/Event/Variant weapons as well, such as Cernos and Mutalist Cernos or Rakta Cernos.
200.gif

Edited by Sweeney
correction/reclarification

Omg...After Ivara and Titania...It's Nezha and Nidus!!!!

NIDUS PRIME IS COMING THIS YEAR!!! TOWARDS THE MIDDLE OF THE YEAR!!!

(unless they skip him...)

Oh wait, nvm, I forgot Inaros!
uh oh oops GIF

Edited by Sweeney
correction

No. The point of the current system is you must invest into new items. Given Kuva weapons can get upgraded within their ecosystem, it makes sense to have a transfer system for investments as you progress your way to 60%. Other items don't have this upgrade pattern, so a transfer system here is quite unnecessary and counterintuitive to the structure of the games investments towards gear.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grindbert said:

why would DE sacrifice 50% of their forma sales?

They -might- be able to make up a lot of that via increased sales to people who let their fear of obsolescence discourage them from burning forma on vanilla frames and weapons.  Some of them currently must not even make it to the prime releases, so if a transfer gets them to loosen up while they're still playing...

-Might-.  I'm  definitely not one of those people, so hell if I actually know.

39 minutes ago, IIAc3sII said:

I'd love DE to implement something like this, then at least I can put umbra forma, countless other formas, lua lenses and orokin reactors in non-prime warframes without having to worry its just going to waste at some point.

Considering the amount of microtransaction expenditures that people make cause they hate waiting 24 hours for potatoes and forma to be built, D.E. will likely charge plat for a `discount option` then having to go thru all the grinding and the total cost which could be around 55 plat, per item, minimum, if you were to have bought a potato and a forma bundle to resolve it.

Which does not even count the items that need 5 or more forma, the exilus adapters and the costs one likely would initially go thru to get certain mods they cannot farm for themselves.

The way it is now is kind of silly imo, people dont invest in none-prime newly released warframes simply because they have this fear that down the line all their investment will be for nothing.

New frames will easily get 2 or even 3 years before they can get to see a prime version. Long as you are not playing catch-up, when likely the primes for said warframes have already came out or really close to, you have zero reason to be concerned over wasting farmable resources which is mostly due to b.s. foundry design and the tedious grind of them since not everyone can bring said items into ESO for grinding, so many are just sick of hydron or helene or akkad as the lazy grind mods since d.e. cant fking cut the grind drastically down so people can grind the gear THRU NORMAL MISSIONS.

Of course that would require alot of the base stats to be greatly improved such as removing serration, split chamber and similar auto-lock mods and just add them to the stats directly to resolve that issue of them being absolute garbage without mod on any thing that is lvl 30ish or higher.

...Of course that would also require D.E. to re-do the elemental system since plenty of the abusive types rely on multi-pellet type weapons way too much to be holely abused like Corrosive and Slash.

Its all about effort vs reward, having to start from scratch doesnt feel rewarding at all, it literally means all your effort was for nothing and is such a bad system.

You forgot about Entertainment. Because you could be spending hours or weeks doing the same fking grind over and over again, but if its designed correctly to be fun, thru catchy background music a `quest` design that feels fun and other nice nit-picks then people will not mind if they only been farming one particular resource if they were too busy having fun and that resource pays off.

Sort of like how i enjoyed Phantasty Star Online`s weekly Time Trial quests, they were only done for large amounts of mesetas (PSO2`s currency for grinding stuff and buying stuff from other player`s my shops and such). But considering there was multiple pathways you could take for clearing them, some of the missions could be cleared at the same time with others and you were not exactly locked to a specific setup(which lets be honest, this is one O MANY, of the issues on warframe`s grinding system where i wish we could just stockpile something like Endo and just feed it to weapons to level them up instead now a days).

Well, its not wonder why D.E. needs to work on updating some old systems with more favorable ones that are more friendly to players time and could get rid of ridiculous tropes like the hydron farm map, when it would be better if we just got AFF-points for leveling stuff and we got a multiplier bonus by not spamming the same mission over constantly and maybe have a scaling bonus on doing end-less missions longer to greatly boost the gain stockpile.

Of course, this is likely me just preaching how rewards and such need scaling bonus, since us losing the void key system, pretty much did a major blow on people wanting to do long runs intentionally.

Edited by Avienas

On 2020-02-19 at 4:37 PM, Sweeney said:

I haven't touched Nezha since his rework, because I know he'll be getting Primed soon. I've bought his Deluxe Bundle and everything in advance.

You're missing out on two years of stupid sexy Nezha fun...because of forma?  🤨. Carpe diem, dude.  The universe could implode tomorrow...but you'll be able to take three or four more forma with you into the afterlife.

On 2020-02-19 at 4:37 PM, Sweeney said:

(Stupid sexy Nezha!)

😉

9 hours ago, Sweeney said:

It already includes Forma.

So are Lenses and Reactors/Catalysts.

It keeps them on the host item, not the donor item. They don't transfer over you can lose forma if you put them in the wrong order.

Edited by Atsia

On 2020-02-20 at 12:37 AM, Sweeney said:

Let us do that with stuff other than the Kuva Weapons

They're planning to do Railjack weapons too.

On 2020-02-20 at 12:37 AM, Sweeney said:

I hate having to discard a Warframe I've polarized 3-5 times once their Prime variant comes out. It's a waste. Might as well use it up and have those polarized slots carry over

Only Valence Transfer/Fusion doesn't do that - any forma on the thing transferred from are lost. You don't want to destroy your new prime frame and keep the basic, you want to destroy the basic and have that level the prime.

And that's a whole lot more complicated to do. I mean, primes already have some polarised slots - what happens when the old frame has the same slots polarised?

Even with the Kuva Weapons they cannot cross type - you can't fuse a Kuva Weapon with its regular variant, because the only thing carried is the dice roll on the destroyed weapon.

Valence Fusion only works for things with random stats, and I don't want frames to ever have random stats, I already hate random stats in RJ.

Instead there should be a new, super rare (like Legendary Core or Umbral Forma rare) that mashes one item and give you back all the forma and exilus invested in it. When DE launches a new Prime Access the accessories pack could include one of these, but they could also give them away after significant reworks (like the 3 forma we got for Wukong).

7 hours ago, Atsia said:

It keeps them on the host item, not the donor item. They don't transfer over you can lose forma if you put them in the wrong order.

I see. I was under the impression they carried over.

I must have misread.

Then allow me to specify- I'd like to be able to use the non-primed variant as the "donor" and the Prime as the "upgraded" item, and I'd like for Forma/Lenses/Catalysts & Reactors to be carried over.

The Donor (non-primed, non-Umbra, non-Mutalist/Quanta/Rakta etc.) is consumed in the process.

4 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

And that's a whole lot more complicated to do. I mean, primes already have some polarised slots - what happens when the old frame has the same slots polarised?

Valence Fusion only works for things with random stats, and I don't want frames to ever have random stats, I already hate random stats in RJ.

Instead there should be a new, super rare (like Legendary Core or Umbral Forma rare) that mashes one item and give you back all the forma and exilus invested in it. When DE launches a new Prime Access the accessories pack could include one of these, but they could also give them away after significant reworks (like the 3 forma we got for Wukong).

The item you describe is essentially what I'm suggesting. No random stats, just a waste saver.

Except instead of as a rare (almost non-existent) item like a Legendary Core, merely a feature available under the action tab. If it were to be an item, it'd have to be closer to an Aura Forma in rarity. Perhaps something farmed in Arbitration, and tradeable. Something you can sell for plat, or give to newbies that join your clan to help them out.

As for pre-existing polarized slots, you can just make it so when you do it you get to re-polarize the upgraded item as many times as the consumed base item has been formaed. Formaed it twice? You can choose to overwrite, add or remove a polarity twice, same as you would normally. But without having to level it up again in between.