Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackdarsan

Rail jack has been dead for some time now

Question

Hi all, been trying to join others in rail jack missions and finding it very rare to find a group in requite chat. 

Has something changed? Is everyone just soloing the missions now?

Or has their been a decline since people just don't like it?

Please let me know what I have clearly missed, I am still trying to get my intrinsic up and my own ship isn't "crash hot". Might just need to work on it and host instead of looking for a group. 

Railjack is incredibly buggy and, for me, makes it not so enjoyable. I'm waiting for DE to fix up railjack before I continue with it.

I don’t like to run my own RJ because randoms even at MR 28  going around the ship and wasting omnis. If I really want to play I’d rather take 1 friend (even MR3)  and put him on  piloting chair while I deal with crewships. 

The rare moment when I still play RJ it's either a pre-made squad or solo. So you'll never see an available squad from me and I think that's the case for most people that haven't simply quit (playing RJ) yet.

Tried the other day and joined a group with my clan and it is still so buggy. Was boarding and after 2nd CS down i get a black screen. /Unstuck didn't work. going in and out of operator mod did nothing, was just dead weight to the group for the rest of the mission. Really hope DE fixes these bugs or any new content will just be for nothing.

Thanks for the advice once more, will need to join in chat and or get my ship up to spec. 

its dead but if u get any player in public mission if they r beelow 20 mr  they usually wont do any thing its too much of hassle

Railjack seems dead the last two days, or players aren't monitoring the website to see the anomaly spawn, or matchmaking is slow as hell.

I've had to do the whole missions kill 6 crewships 90 fighters and whatever else in solo, which doesn't bother me I like solo, then when I'm left with just the anomaly to investigate I get players join, which is good but way too late.

Another thing I've noticed is Cy is a dribbling idiot of late, he tells me things that are happening way after it happens, it's like the ai has gone loopy.

If I don't notice the ramsleds incoming because of all the explosions and stuff going on I'll hear them crashland into the side of my ship then a short time I'll hear Cy announce ramsleds incoming, which is bloody stupid imo, is he meant to be a moron after this last hotfix or is the ai out of sync with the game. 

Got a Affinity booster from a sortie, so spammed RJ missions to get some needed intrinsic. Still wrapping my head around how intrinsic's are earned. 

Do you get more, less or equal amount of intrinsic if you one shot the crew ship, compared to boarding and killing everyone inside? (technically you are killing everyone on board if you blow up the ship)?

Is a particular role better in collecting intrinsic? Or is the affinity shared equally regardless of what you do in the ship?

Just trying to understand what role is best to help me during intrinsic farming. 

Anyone know this kind of info?  

people are done, there is no need for railjack, even less than archwing.

Actually Railjack helped me take a new look at my warframes.

When I started Railjack I had my core frames for certain missions and used them in the Veil.

Once I reached midway on my intrinsics and had 90% of the equipment I needed I decided to learn pilot.

So I went back to Earth. That evolved into learning how to solo and that evolved in running each frame through a slingshot "gauntlet".

Prior to Railjack I pretty much just focused on my core frames.

But solo running each frame really opened my eyes to what I thought I knew and what I didn't.

Eventually I got to Saturn and started the process again.

Today I see all my frames in a completely new light.   

I have a list of frames that couldn't make it past Earth.

Next those that completed Saturn.

And then the short list.

The 2 at the bottom, Harrow and Mesa. I know why they are at the bottom. They are "shooting" frames and since I primarily melee they don't aid my style.  Anyway, nowadays I focus on the Saturn Frames, I've been able to squeeze out a lot of functionality and forma etc. 

So while it may be dead for some. My view of my frames before Railjack and after my gauntlet are very different. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)kite9000 said:

As soon as anyone hits Gunnery level 2 ( = 3 intrinsics) one has the full 360 view. So unless one can't be bothered to put any intrinsics into gunnery or is utterly new to Railjack (= not having done a single mission) then anyone has it available and you don't need 2 active side turrets unless the fighters are really ganging up on your ship.

Maybe turning those 2  side turrets and combine them with the forward artillery cannon into 1 weapon beneath the ship,would probably benefit the gameplay 

3 hours ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Maybe turning those 2  side turrets and combine them with the forward artillery cannon into 1 weapon beneath the ship,would probably benefit the gameplay 

I've suggested in the feedback section that there be 1 Gunner's seat that controlled both side turrets, and 360-degree view being automatically granted by the ship itself (rather than being an intrinsic).

Having two wing turrets and separate seats seems superfluous. I mean, there are already only 4 roles (Pilot / Engineer / Boarder / Gunner), but two extra gunnery "seats" on the ship. Cutting side-turret controls to a single player would at least narrow that gap. 

7 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Mostly, it's how players interact.
Some people have what could be very high or sometimes oppressive demands of their team's performance, and conflicts occur.
Learning costs someone else resources... There's some very real oversight there.

I have two solutions for this, which DE have not implemented... though I sincerely hope they consider them...

1. Forge costs are player's own resources by default.
Have a, "vault," of resources on each railjack that work like Clan vaults. (Players can donate. Resources are only used by Forge.)
There is a owner-only reserve that they can ration from personally... and owners can, "relieve," any pilot from the pilot seat.

2. Cephalon Cy or Samaris have a Simulation of Railjack. Your Score determines a league players can use to find matches of skill that are their equal or below.
Bad at or new to railjack? You can learn without costing players. Too good at railjack for randos? Earn the right to play in your league.

1. Do not agree with that imo, resources are picked up in mission, all you do once in mission is fly threw asteroids and pick it up to get started, I do it all the time.
2. Placing a sort of penalty on players who are not quite up with it is going to create a bigger divide on players, I was one of those players when railjack came out I had railjack built waiting for the missions to go live in there at the very start but I learnt fast, went out blew up crew ships and ONLY repaired the bright red hull breaches.

Now I fly my own ship solo in the veil if new players join good for them, if they're trying to learn I don't mind, I do it solo anyway so them being there every little bit helps, it's even easier now in the veil you can take out crew ships with one shot without avionic power ups..  just don't shoot my mini missiles at crew ships. 😛 

3 hours ago, Jackdarsan said:

Wait, the host is paying for all the forging costs? I thought it was from whatever was picked up in the mission, those resources are being used to top everything up. 

Then you refine to get the remaining resource at the end of the mission (wish that was automatic since some hosts just rush to get out). 

No they don't, they are in mission pickups, unless they're are talking about back in DD when you top up your on ship supplies the revolite, flux, missiles and dome charges, though that shouldn't be a problem anyway I'd say most players who play railjack should have about 250,000 300,000 thousand in stock of each resource, I know I do I don't even look to see what I have I resupply and get on with it.

Edit: Struck out what the player kapn655321 now knows as wrong. I saw you post as I was updating my post. 🙂

5 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Placing a sort of penalty on players who are not quite up with it is going to create a bigger divide on players

That's why there are two methods in that plan for other players to cover the expense.

A well experienced player who no longer needs the resource could go, "Here, I gave you a metric F* ton of resource. Go nuts, and keep me stocked with missiles."
...or likewise, a new railjack owner doesn't need to lose their potential earning by someone cooking off everything all willy nilly.

Most people fought through the bugs, horrible economy and or abused the affinity bonus+abort method to max out intrinsics, then quit playing the mode. Gian point is about the only node left where you can still consistently find a squad. Reason being, again, once you max out intrinsics there is literally no reason to play RJ, and if you have VH+Mk3 gear its typically faster to run solo with the artillery changes. Pub players are dead weight and AFK in turrets.

Yeah... That's what happens when you prioritize marketing over a good delivery. Players feel deceived, worn-out and then quit. In other words, that's what happens when you start hyping a project 1 year+ in anticipation, showing off something that will change drastically and possibly even have many shown things pulled off by the time it releases. Not to mention the rushed release just for the 15-minute-fame of "Oh my! They released it during the freaking Game Awards!!!".

Now apply that logic to pretty much everything else.

Am 20.2.2020 um 03:26 schrieb DocLouis:

if you have VH+Mk3 gear its typically faster to run solo with the artillery changes

What artillery changes are you referring to?

I'd be mostly living in RJ if the Lich system changes didn't come out, considering the bugs I like both, I run solo when farming no one really wants to sit there playing solitaire on the ship while I'm flying around crashing into everything to get resources.

Railjack is missing a lot on what was shown in the promo video, though the railjack star chart will increase eventually so sort of stocking up on all things railjack to be prepared.

Yes, I guess I'm the odd one out that despite the HYPE around railjack leading up to release, I quite enjoy it and wait for more.
Lich farming has my interest at the moment upgrading guns, only time I hit railjack is the sentient ship mission, or maybe gian point to keep upgrading but already have very high MKIII stuff and all the avionics.

Thanks for the feedback, that makes sense but also very disappointing that such new content can be so dead so quickly. I guess I will just have to wait for new railjack content before I can progress further. Might as well get those new Kuva weapons and un-vaulted primes while I wait. 

I love flying around. But I don't trust other players with my ship and its resources. So I fly solo. I might go and fly premade squads, but eh.. 

I usually run railjack stuff with members of my clan.. I do see people posting for railjack in recruitment chat tho

I play RJ from time to time, but I either play solo or with a friend, I see no reason to group up with randoms or even in recruit - other people can either be a liability or bring horrible latency issues with them (and RJ is very sensitive to that). I did host a PUB for earh nodes just for fun, to let new players screw around with my over leveled ship, maybe I will do it again.

Additionally, even though I enjoy Railjack's general gameplay loop in terms of flying, shooting and boarding, it doesn't have that much in terms of enemy and mission variety, so naturally, after I played it quite a bit and got most of the stuff and learned the most optimal ways to play, it got less challenging and somewhat boring. I mean, RJ was out since the end of December, now its almost March and there were no content updates for Railjack, only balance changes - no new missions, zones, anomalies, enemies, weapons, no personal crew, and it has been like that for almost 2 months, plenty of time for anyone who cared in the first place to "have enough of" this new mode.

19 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

What artillery changes are you referring to?

The fact that you can one-shot any crewship by shooting at its engine with the artillery, even without the damage avionics.

its time for DE to save their RJ contents by release the Scarlet Spear and delivery the expansion of RJ corpus !!!!  

This doesn't bode well for me...

I took a break, once all four positions hit r5. I went back to grinding out the Lich and builds. 

Up until that point, I was joining other ships since I enjoyed that more (it took me FOREVER to fix a giant hole some jerk put in my railjack). I guess I'll stick out the evenings and weekends, just to see if there's any life out there.

KiQhSYF.jpg

I consider Railjack to be a starting point for a new content path. Currently a lot of players have gotten "everything available", even if they haven't maxed out intrinsics or gotten all the avionics/drops there just isn't enough incentive to do the fairly long missions over and over again. So more content will be coming, but currently there isn't enough to warrant "continous playing".

The "three space areas of increasing difficulty"-concept worked fairly well when climbing towards Veil Proxima, but doesn't work at all when you have an out-fitted Railjack and know what to do. Having to go down in enemy levels just to farm certain avionics is just irritating, no fun involved, and there is no way to truly speed up the missions.

Player behaviour killed PUG/random missions, huge amount of leechers, "know nothings" and "piggy-backing egoists". This is on the players, but the problem has been compounded by DE not coming up with a cure (that actually works).

From my point of view Railjack is currently just hibernating, and that is not necessarily a bad thing. New content will turn it red hot again, and hopefully DE can create a mission <=> squad <=> player system functionality that actually works.

Currently I am in favour of a "Captain Bligh"-system, where I as captain could kick players from my ship (the mission), remove them from the helm & guns and stop them from using certain functions (with pre-mission and in-mission "locks"). Until I have that kind of full control over my Railjack, or some sort of equivalent DE-designed system that actually effectively stops leechers and idiots, I won't do a single PUG/random mission. Never ever again. And I think a lot of players with Railjacks think and feel the same way, and that is (a huge part of) the reason Railjack feels "dead".

Another way to handle this would be to allow Railjack host to set minimum intrinsic levels (per intrinsic/slot or something) for the players joining the mission, and they couldn't "demand" a higher intrinsics than their own mean intrinsic value. In combination with some rudimentary "allow other players to use the helm/navigation or not"-toggle system this would remove a lot of the leeching/piggy-backing sh*t. Which leaves the problem with players that give f*ck-all about the mission and immediately jump ship and go for in-mission drops (Tennant/Quellor/sentient ship), but maybe you could stop that by a simple mechanic of keeping the doors to galleons etc. "locked" until the Railjack is within a certain distance (and this could also be on/off-"toggleable", allowing the host to set "the rules" for the mission in advance).

I finished Railjack back in early-mid January (in fact, it was the day of the reactor buff update -- when that went through it solved the last outstanding issue with my Railjack).

Haven't been back since. At this point, there's nothing left to acquire or do, and with the recent changes the Lich system has edged past Railjack in terms of "things I'd prefer to do." 

Which says something, I guess.