Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please give me a way to dispose of unwanted Liches...

synfaer

50 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

Pretty sure the kuva guardian saying things along the lines of, go forth and kill the Tenno or die trying, and having that not show anywhere but when a larvling spawns is pretty unique.

Yup, absolutely right... Not to mention the red icon everybody responding to me continually ignores the existence of.  The red icon that literally points you around the map to a specific place.  I mean I don't know man, call me crazy, but I never had trouble following objective markers in this game in the 6-7 years I've played.  Especially when Larvlings and Thralls are the only things in the game that generate this specific icon...

If THAT needs to be idiotproofed, I'm not sure what else there is to say anymore...

It's not even worth arguing with somebody who purposely and selectively ignores aspects of one's argument.

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

11 hours ago, Fl_3 said:

We have that already, this is why our larvaling waves some stupid poster of it's weapon in our faces so we don't waste time grinding a weapon we already have unless we want to.

This entire "Nemesis" system has become a joke just like Lunaro. It's nothing like the system that [DE]Steve promised us. Pretty much like everything that [DE]Steve has promised us recently.

It was never anything else. It was just grindier before. Having the player opt to create a lich in the first place and then having no effect on other gameplay besides temporarily losing some gallium drops was always going to be nothing but a shopping mall. 

They should have been hit contracts on existing warlords (I.e., kingpins) with Steel Meridian. Pick a lich like you pick a bounty, now you're marked and will get invasions. Having us opt to create them was always going to result in nonsensical objectives. 

None of the changes made it any more or less ridiculous thematically or any more or less a weapon shopping option. They just made it more convenient.

I know I've already stated this in another thread, DE needs to rework Larva conversion. We spend hours grinding murmurs versus 10-20min for Larva, meanwhile the constant grind of Adaro causes another layer of muscle memory. Of course I immediately realize when I've accidentally hit X ( you know the button for RELOADING, Opening containers, Activating Panels, Grabbing Dashwires, Picking up Kuva Siphon, Activating life support..) 

Design is the problem here. 

8 hours ago, Morthal said:

I know I've already stated this in another thread, DE needs to rework Larva conversion. We spend hours grinding murmurs versus 10-20min for Larva, meanwhile the constant grind of Adaro causes another layer of muscle memory. Of course I immediately realize when I've accidentally hit X ( you know the button for RELOADING, Opening containers, Activating Panels, Grabbing Dashwires, Picking up Kuva Siphon, Activating life support..) 

Design is the problem here. 

ah yes, the buttons are the same as other things you do elsewhere and will never be doing right beside a downed Larvling, therefore bad

If design is such an issue, why is it the overwhelming majority of players don't "accidentally" generate Liches?  It just seems weird that a small, very small portion of players have this issue - yet it's the design at fault... 

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z
  • Like 1

For me personally I don't find the murmer grind to be that bad but that's probably because I run it with friends so we can just chat while doing it which relieves the monotony of it.

But I do agree some kind of removal system for unwanted liches would be a nice idea, maybe have something where there's a cost involved to remove.

My personal idea would be an amount of Kuva, something like 10k Kuva, not low enough for it to be inconsequential but just enough that it takes a bit of effort to get.

On 2020-02-20 at 2:24 AM, synfaer said:

So I accidentally killed a lich lava... and am stuck with a lich I have no desire to spend 4+ hours grinding for another crappy Drakgoon i will never use.

Please ...please, please give me an option to dump this stupid lich and forgo the excruciating grind to achieve NOTHING.

I done the same thing, made the grind to kill the lich 10x worst knowing I will gain nothing from it.

On 2020-02-19 at 9:49 PM, Voltage said:

Dumping Liches would be nice. However in the mean time, you could use some awareness and not accidentally stab one again. It's one of those mistakes that should only happen once.

Not everyone who wants to dump a lich "accidentally" picked it up.  The valence transfer mechanic for using a newly acquired weapon to upgrade your current weapon gives you a roughly 10% return.  This means that if your lich is holding a weapon with only a 25% bonus stat you will need to kill all the murmurs and use up your 3 mods for an anemic 2.5 % upgrade.  Really isn't worth the time, effort and mod expense.  I can see having some grind involved in getting rid of the lich, you don't want people to just spam new lich acquisition until they roll a high stat weapon.  I can even see your needing to kill all the murmurs to get you through the first bar of "clues" and having a 24 hour cooldown (or something similar) before you can acquire your next Lich in exchange to dumping it but putting the identical effort into getting a 2.5% weapon boost as you do when your reward for the exact same amount of effort and mod expense can be a brand new, high stat weapon doesn't seem reasonable to me.  I have a herd of converted Liches already as well as the ephemera so that 2.5% and just wanting to get rid of that thing is my only motivation for killing the Lich.

I stabbed one by accident last night when cycling through larvlings looking for another Nukor to upgrade my current one with. I'm so used to stabbing thralls to get murmurs I just did it automatically without thinking. I felt like an idiot. And what weapon does my new lich have? You guess it, a 25% Tonkor. FML