Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Launcher has scroll bars

Robbery525

So, since the latest update, my launcher has scroll bars?

I can still play, but i have to scroll to see the button.

MSI GE63VR 7RF Laptop

Windows 10 Display Settings

- 125% (Recomended) Scale
- 1920x1080
- Landscape orientation

Vfe8Su7.jpg

Edited by Robbery525
pc spec

6 hours ago, Robbery525 said:

So, since the latest update, my launcher has scroll bars?

5 hours ago, Private_Klutz said:

I also have this "feature".

4 hours ago, Guitarzdeth said:

Same here.

As a temporary workaround on the Warframe shortcut, right click -> Properties -> Compatibility -> "Change high DPI settings" and on the bottom under "High DPI scaling override" tick the box "Override high DPI scaling behavior." and select Scaling performed by: System, or System (Enhanced). This will make Windows do the scaling for the Launcher as the Chromium framework it uses seems to have issues with the scaling right now.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb hix3r:

As a temporary workaround on the Warframe shortcut, right click -> Properties -> Compatibility -> "Change high DPI settings" and on the bottom under "High DPI scaling override" tick the box "Override high DPI scaling behavior." and select Scaling performed by: System, or System (Enhanced). This will make Windows do the scaling for the Launcher as the Chromium framework it uses seems to have issues with the scaling right now.

I have no shortcut for it. Using these Settings on Warframe.x64.exe doesn't help in my case.

2 minutes ago, thor_sten said:

I have no shortcut for it. Using these Settings on Warframe.x64.exe doesn't help in my case.

If you're using the steam version then do this:
Go into steam, right click warframe, click properties, go to the properties tab, and click "Browse local files".

Open up the "Tools" folder and then do hix3r's steps on the "Launcher.exe" that is there.
If the "High DPI scaling override" checkbox and dropdown are disabled you will need to click on the button "Change settings for all users", and then go through with the rest of hix3r's steps.

10 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

If you're using the steam version then do this:
Go into steam, right click warframe, click properties, go to the properties tab, and click "Browse local files".

17 hours ago, hix3r said:

These do not solve the issue.

I tried all combinations of settings on that page, the scroll bars still exist. Even changing my windows settings for DPI and such have no effect. Its an issue with the launcher. I tried all the Launcher.exe's I could find for warframe.

Edited by Robbery525
More info

On 2020-02-20 at 6:30 PM, thor_sten said:

Using these Settings on Warframe.x64.exe doesn't help in my case.

Warframe.x64.exe is the game itself, the launcher is a different executable found in a different directory.

The Launcher is always located at "C:\Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Warframe\Downloaded\Public\Tools" The AppData folder is hidden by default but you can navigate to it if you copy the path manually into a File Explorer navigation bar or if you go to Run (Win + R) and copy the path in (make sure to set your Windows username) and press Enter.

On 2020-02-21 at 4:39 AM, Robbery525 said:

Even changing my windows settings for DPI and such have no effect. Its an issue with the launcher.

Yes it's an issue with the Launcher, more specifically it is an issue with the Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) the launcher uses for the Launcher UI.

The fact that changing back the Windows display settings to 100% does not change things for you however signals a different problem. Does the Windows UI like Desktop icons and such change when you change the scaling?

First, "I tried all combinations of settings on that page" don't tick the Program DPI setting that says "Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program instead of the one in Settings". You don't need this option at all, it doesn't help in this case, leave it unticked.

Second, do you have an external monitor/secondary display device? In Windows 10 you change the DPI scaling for each display device separately so you have to select the correct display device you want to change the global DPI settings for in the Windows Display Settings menu, the big 1 and 2 or whatever number rectangles at the top in the Display page in the Settings app if you have multiple display devices.

Changing back the scaling setting in the Windows settings to 100% for the display device the Launcher.exe is run on should work as there are many people running the Launcher right now with these settings without issues (playing at 1920x1080 with scaling at 100%). The only people seeing the scroll bars are users who have their scaling set to a higher percent.

So first I'd suggest you undo the DPI settings changes you did on the Launcher.exe that is found at the location I mentioned above, untick both boxes, change back the global scaling in Windows settings to 100% for the correct diplay device (you could reboot to be absolutely sure it is globally applied) and try to get to a state, where the Launcher does not have the scroll bars with the scaling set to 100% in the Windows settings. If you can't get to a state where this works I'm not sure what about your system is different that interferes with this as these settings get rid of the scroll bars on my and other players launchers. The workaround I mentioned above help if your scaling is set to higher than 100%, but with 100% it is not needed there shouldn't be any scroll bars.

I'm running a custom scale factor of 135% for Windows. Usually I have to check the DPI override on games or else they function weird, although I override application settings rather than system. The launcher looks very stretched and pixelated at first, but if I check the override DPI settings, it gives me these scroll bars! What is up!?

20 hours ago, Disruptis said:

I'm running a custom scale factor of 135% for Windows. Usually I have to check the DPI override on games or else they function weird, although I override application settings rather than system. The launcher looks very stretched and pixelated at first, but if I check the override DPI settings, it gives me these scroll bars! What is up!?

With the latest mainline, this has fixed itself. I just override application high DPI scaling and it works fine.

On 2020-02-19 at 9:37 PM, Private_Klutz said:

I also have this "feature".

-Windows 10 (latest build)

-AMD Ryzen 1700X processor (stock frequency)

-AMD R9 Fury graphic card, Radeon Software version 19.20

-1920 x 1080 resolution, 125% zoom, landscape

Fixed with latest update.