Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod leveling QOL fix

Ble3azy

Problem: "If you rank this mod to 'x' it will be unequipped from 'y' (please confirm each of your 40 other weapons individually)

Solution: option B: How about we rank up one of your 106 other copies? TADAAAAAA!!!!

its been 8 years.

Please, just please.
B

The problem remains when you're doing something like finishing up a 10-rank mod, where it's already partially ranked and installed on things, but it would be good if they just showed a scrollable list instead of 100 different boxes. Even better would be if they then put a little icon or something on weapons/configs with a mod that has been ranked up, which goes away after you look at the mods for that config.

If you have a mod on 40 weapons it stands to reason you would have upgraded it atleast once across all those uses... which removes it from the stack... which means you can just upgrade one of the stacked mod.

If you have 40 builds with the same completely R0 mod... frankly that's just on you lol

Snipped, I misunderstood OP

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

sure, i like that. if i could upgrade another copy of that Mod to keep on everything instead of the one i just upgraded higher, that would save a lot of Arsenal clicky clicky time.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

If you have 40 builds with the same completely R0 mod... frankly that's just on you lol

that is not what they're talking about. they're talking about if they upgrade a Mod that's Equipped, instead of having to spam yes for a full minute to upgrade it, let them press a button to have another copy of that Mod upgraded to the Rank it was at previously and automatically Equipped to all of those items in place of the one they just upgraded.

Edited by taiiat

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

sure, i like that. if i could upgrade another copy of that Mod to keep on everything instead of the one i just upgraded higher, that would save a lot of Arsenal clicky clicky time.

that is not what they're talking about. they're talking about if they upgrade a Mod that's Equipped, instead of having to spam yes for a full minute to upgrade it, let them press a button to have another copy of that Mod upgraded to the Rank it was at previously and automatically Equipped to all of those items in place of the one they just upgraded.

Hmmm, maybe you are right, I misunderstood then.  

20 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

Or just turn the series of individual prompts into a single "Mod will exceed capacity on these items after fusion, continue?" with a list like the "sale manifest" confirm screens for scrapping mods in the mod bench.

i think their request to be able to have the game automatically Rank and Equip another copy of that Mod if they request so, still has strong merit, since it saves them having to then immediately go and upgrade a new copy of that Mod and then Equip it back to those 252858267 items one by one.

the spam prompts for removing it could be made way less dumb too though, ye.

5 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Except that if you wanted to rank up one of your 106 other copies, why didn't you select the stack of 106 unranked copies when you went to level your mods?

Also: DE, gib 2nd Umbral set plox.

That's my entire point. Because then instead of just hitting "mods", and the convenience that brings, you have to leave the arsenal, walk over to mods, find it, and level it. That's not a qol improvement, that's what we have to do now.

7 minutes ago, Ble3azy said:

That's my entire point. Because then instead of just hitting "mods", and the convenience that brings, you have to leave the arsenal, walk over to mods, find it, and level it. That's not a qol improvement, that's what we have to do now.

But under your system, the game would constantly be levelling mods you didn't select. That's the opposite of a QOL improvement.

3 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

But under your system, the game would constantly be levelling mods you didn't select. That's the opposite of a QOL improvement.

No I mean it gives you the option, either commit and remove it from other stuff (one click) or level a new one. that should be the dialogue window instead of 40 windows telling you it's gonna be removed from xyz