Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed chambers mod design should look like the actual primed mods

Jivy

The usage of the word Primed here is the intended definition, that it is 'priming' the chamber, in preparation for an attack or action.

Not to be confused with the orokin definition of the word, which is just "gold bedazzling"

• Like 9

Either leave it as is - Primed Chamber - a mod on its own, or change both the color and name to the usual "Primed Mod" platinum tint with the name "Primed Charged Chamber". Since that'd be the actual prime upgrade to Charged Chamber.

Just a matter of semanthics but if we're going the correct route we might as well be darn sure it gets as correct as it can be. Even if it's unlikely to happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

there is no 'Chamber' Mod. it's not a 'Prime' version of something, it's just a name.

There's no mod called just Chamber, but there's Charged Chamber which is clearly the weaker/precusor variant.  It was even added to the game before hand, only by a couple hotfixes, but still.  It stands to reason that just like the Primed border colours, they didn't yet have the naming convention for "better versions of mods that already exist" solidified or thought out at the time.  It's an easy enough change... but they'd also have to fix the small fact that both mods can be simultaneously equipped.  

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

There's no mod called just Chamber, but there's Charged Chamber which is clearly the weaker/precusor variant.  It was even added to the game before hand, only by a couple hotfixes, but still.  It stands to reason that just like the Primed border colours, they didn't yet have the naming convention for "better versions of mods that already exist" solidified or thought out at the time.  It's an easy enough change... but they'd also have to fix the small fact that both mods can be simultaneously equipped.  

1 hour ago, Lion said:

The usage of the word Primed here is the intended definition, that it is 'priming' the chamber, in preparation for an attack or action.

Not to be confused with the orokin definition of the word, which is just "gold bedazzling"

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I read his response.  It doesn't change the fact they didn't have the naming convention worked out when they made it and we also don't really know for a fact what he's saying is true.  They could have meant Primed as in Primed mod, because Prime in Warframe doesn't just mean "gold bedazzle" like he says... its mean "this is a direct upgrade to a weaker variant of the same thing."  Which this mod qualifies for. 

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

There's no mod called just Chamber, but there's Charged Chamber which is clearly the weaker/precusor variant.

It's an easy enough change... but they'd also have to fix the small fact that both mods can be simultaneously equipped.

it's a Mod that does the same type of thing, but we have multiple Mods that offer the same Stat across the game, it's not the only one.

yeah, since they're not the same Mod.

6 minutes ago, taiiat said:

it's a Mod that does the same type of thing, but we have multiple Mods that offer the same Stat across the game, it's not the only one.

yeah, since they're not the same Mod.

It's pretty clear just from the effect and the name (as it currently is) that they are the same "family."  The other mods you mention are clearly not; i.e. Jagged Edge and Buzz Kill, while both buffing slash - are clearly not the same "family" of mods.   It's pretty obvious to literally anybody that Primed Chamber is a direct upgrade of Charged Chamber, and not just 2 random mods that happen to buff the same stats.  I mean for crying out loud, they even use the same picture... 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

It's pretty obvious to literally anybody that Primed Chamber is a direct upgrade of Charged Chamber, and not just 2 random mods that happen to buff the same stats.

could be, but happening to have the same picture on the Mod is not really a good enough reason to decide there definitely is a link between them. since that's the only thing that they directly share in common. being the same type of Stat isn't anything definitive.

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

could be, but happening to have the same picture on the Mod is not really a good enough reason to decide there definitely is a link between them. since that's the only thing that they directly share in common. being the same type of Stat isn't anything definitive.

>Same stat
>Charged Suffix
>Same Picture
>Both release between U8 and U8.3

And you're telling me you don't see the connection as being solid?  I understand playing devil's advocate and all, but the link is certainly definitive.  

• Like 4

Here's my counter offer:

Leave it as it is, Primed Chamber is a relic from the past, and Charged Chamber was made to "compensate" those that wanted it but couldn't affort huge amounts to plat for it.

Instead make Primed Primed Chamber with the white border and augmented stats/drain of Prime mods

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

>Same stat
>Charged Suffix
>Same Picture
>Both release between U8 and U8.3

And you're telling me you don't see the connection as being solid?  I understand playing devil's advocate and all, but the link is certainly definitive.  

only having the same picture means anything significant. release date isn't significant at all (if the Mods were introduced 5 years apart you'd still be saying 'one came after the other, therefore'), and Mods that have names vaguely similar to each other or have the same type of Bonus exist in numerous other places in the game.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

but they'd also have to fix the small fact that both mods can be simultaneously equipped.  

This is the main point here.

the primed comes from the term of readynes, not the term for an originator, just as the similar mod charged chamber implies a shot/load/cartridge/bullet is being prepared or charged ready to be fired, just as primed could also be used.

Prime

to make a bomb or gun ready to fire.

Prime

The main or most important
also the best of quality.
comes from Latin PRIMUS meaning first.

yes it may have been made before primed mods and share a stat bonus with another mod but it also clearly wasnt intended to be a "Primed" mod, given the evidence of

1: you can use both it and charged chamber together

2: it doesnt cost a kidney to max out

3: it was a novelty until recently,

• Like 2

7 hours ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

Except for a primed mod, you can put Charged Chamber and Primed Chamber  into the same weapon simultaneously, which make it different from the relationships other primed mods have to their base varients.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Except for a primed mod, you can put Charged Chamber and Primed Chamber  into the same weapon simultaneously, which make it different from the relationships other primed mods have to their base varients.

Right... because these were made before Primed mods and not allowing them to stack with lesser variants was actually an idea in DE's mind.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

only having the same picture means anything significant. release date isn't significant at all (if the Mods were introduced 5 years apart you'd still be saying 'one came after the other, therefore'), and Mods that have names vaguely similar to each other or have the same type of Bonus exist in numerous other places in the game.

You're reaching.  You, me and everybody else in this thread knows that Primed Chamber is a direct upgrade to Charged Chamber.  Short of DE coming out and saying it, nothing can nail this down - but all the evidence is in my favor, and none is in yours.   The best you have to argue with is a weak attempt at "resonable doubt."  But there's not really any actual reason in it.   There are no other mods in the game that have both the same Suffixes and Stats (the picture is really just an added bonus) but are not an upgrade of one or the other.  They don't exist.  

8 hours ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

It's pretty clear just from the effect and the name (as it currently is) that they are the same "family."  The other mods you mention are clearly not; i.e. Jagged Edge and Buzz Kill, while both buffing slash - are clearly not the same "family" of mods.   It's pretty obvious to literally anybody that Primed Chamber is a direct upgrade of Charged Chamber, and not just 2 random mods that happen to buff the same stats.  I mean for crying out loud, they even use the same picture... 

Seems to me you're saying Buzz Kill needs to be changed to Primed Jagged Edge.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

Seems to me you're saying Buzz Kill needs to be changed to Primed Jagged Edge.

Didn't even think of that. Pretty good counter-argument imo. He's gonna lean on the Charged Chamber vs Primed Chamber naming convention though, both having "chamber", yadda yadda.

Personally i don't know why this is a thing. Who cares what it looks like? It drains 7 mod capacity and does X. It could be a bronze mod for all i care.

DE has better stuff to do. Like making Warm coat a good mod. Or rifle aptitude. etc.

Edited by Skaleek

12 hours ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

A except that primed chamber and charged chamber can be used at the same time. No other mod can be used with its variant.