Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IMMERSIVE UI Proposal

Doraz_

So, i tried playing with the HUD off and the game just doesn't work.

I ask for an immersive UI option to be added in the menu

the life, ammo and energy would follow the warframe and be hidden when aiming down sight ( u only do that to focus on the enemy after all ! 😄 )

the blue line-cloud u see is to replace the waypoint system but can be replaced by and circle with a wide and short arrow going around the warframe's feet or waist.

ty

N59phcV.png

GQX70Zx.jpg

wARDSbV.jpg

Edited by Doraz_
  • Like 1

oh yes and the map would be invisible by default

pressing M will opoen up a big map like usual.

THis is important because it allows the player to really interact read the game world, not look at a 2d map.

sometimes you can complete missions just by looking at the map and it's really horrible,

You might think that aiming hiding ammo count is wrong but to me makes spraying and aiming feel different, mimicking the tenno's focus on the enemy and spread control and removing distractions thus improving visibility.

As you see the information given to the player stays the same, it's just more part of the world and interactive.

Edited by Doraz_
  • Like 1

As i can imagine this feature can be difficult to implement properly, a very quick although lazy way to do it could be to translate every element every frame before rendering and resetting tgem to avoid conflicts with other parts of tge game.

Draw Structure (i assume)

GameStuff()

{

something.something()

if (immersiveUi)

{

GetImmersivePositions(uipos[ ], n)

//with this the game moves the points to their respective place, making healthand ammo follow the warframe position for example.

}

spaghetti()

}

WorldCamera.Render

if ( ImmersiveCamera )

{

AllUiElements.SetPosition()

UiCamera.Render

AlluiElements.ResetPosition()

}else{

UiCamera.Render

}

I say this as i'm sure that changing the ui positions will cause some bugs and it would cost nearly nothing performance-wise to move just dozen transforms.

• Like 1

IMO I'd rather have something like this with three arcs one for HP/shields (each goes from the edges to the middle), another for the clip, and a third for my energy.

I'm fine with this being an additive change and keeping the redundant stats elsewhere on the screen.  Here's a better picture of what I'm talking about from an old MMO:

full1133.jpg

And if it helps the devs, here's the link to the Lua mod https://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info377-Palantir.html , and relevant post as it reads like it's basically open source https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7770#post7770 .

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

IMO I'd rather have something like this with three arcs one for HP/shields (each goes from the edges to the middle), another for the clip, and a third for my energy.

I'm fine with this being an additive change and keeping the redundant stats elsewhere on the screen.  Here's a better picture of what I'm talking about from an old MMO:

full1133.jpg

And if it helps the devs, here's the link to the Lua mod https://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info377-Palantir.html , and relevant post as it reads like it's basically open source https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7770#post7770 .

ty forcthe suggestion 😄

btw that screenshot is a perfect example of redundant UI.

Health and energy is both at the top left and around the character.

As the ui is alrwady full in that game, the top left is the better choice imo.

3 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

btw that screenshot is a perfect example of redundant UI.

Health and energy is both at the top left and around the character.

As the ui is alrwady full in that game, the top left is the better choice imo.

Yeah, I like having just shapes that show me visually how much HP I have, and I can check elsewhere for the exact value.  Kudos if DE allows this to be as fully configurable as Palantir is.

The idea of health disappearing when you aim could be a serious problem, especially at higher levels where you go from full health to dead in a few seconds. I wouldn't mind a slight change to the health bar location though, sometimes it's hard to take focus off of a fight to check your health. Other third person shooters have your health displayed on your character or near the reticle, Gears of War and Dead Space being the most obvious examples. Mass Effect having the health and shields of your character at the bottom of the screen helps too. 

A thing to track where you're going would help more in an expansive open world where you can get lost, Warframe's levels are pretty linear though. 

Maybe when out of combat some HUD elements could disappear, but with the often frantic pace of this game downtime is limited. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

I don't really think any of these UI designs would work on Warframe. Besides, the whole thing is built on the Transference system -- once we discovered the Second Dream, everything made sense.

my eyes constantly jump from

top left, 

bottom right

center

turn camera 

ecc

the warframe and the center-right area are the center of attention.

this will improve the feel a lot imo

regarding stats disappearing, they can translate each to top left and bottom right when aiming 😉

regarding life and ammo being on the crosshair, i don't lije stuff being over the things i want to shoot or see, so nou

to make it clear as i didn't write it ...

plz DE let us HIDE THE CROSSHAIR XD

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

I don't really think any of these UI designs would work on Warframe. Besides, the whole thing is built on the Transference system -- once we discovered the Second Dream, everything made sense.

So make the HUD context sensitive... if you're in the warfrmae, you get warframe stats, same for operator, archwing, etc.

38 minutes ago, Almagnus1 said:

So make the HUD context sensitive... if you're in the warfrmae, you get warframe stats, same for operator, archwing, etc.

😮

that's a VERY NICE idea !

in fact the operator UI can have an Eidolon-VOID kinda feel ... while the warframe will remain techno-digital inspired

although that is even more work

but, u know, itìs kinda DE's job xD hope it will be considered

• 3 weeks later...

An addendum to the proposal

Currently when aiming down sights attatchments and the frame itself can obstruct the view

this led me to guess that Devteam might have been forced to animate and position attatchments/frame limbs/parts in a way that does not obstruct the camera.

SOLUTION

Add in the menu a "Character Transparency when aiming" slider from lets say 25 to 100

or

Add in the menu a " character Transparency when aiming" button bool On Off that makes the warframe semi-transparent with a fixed value, changing with feedback.

This would let artist don't worry too much about changing or fixing the models in function of the camera, but just on how good they look.