Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How on earth Arbitration works?

OrSpeeder

Question

So, unlocked Arbitration!

Went to do it... and no explanation, not even talking to Arbiter of Hexis NPCs gave any explanation.

So I jump in hoping for an explanation like Little Duck explains disruption.

But... nope.

So, here we are, four guys, all of us seemly new to arbitration, some enemies are immortal for no reason, there is a drone I have no clue what it does following us.

One guy dies out of the blue.

We start using the chat to try to figure out what we are supposed to do... so I die too.

Then as I try to chat, I realize... DE STOP WITH THE STUPID INTERFACE ISSUES PLEASE! SPACE BAR AND ENTER SHOULD NOT, EVER, EVER, BE ABORT BUTTON!!!!

Anyway, I managed to not abort despite the game trying to whenever I finished typing a message.

Then my squad extracts.

Then I can't go again, seemly arbitration is one attempt only?

So... how on earth I am supposed to figure out what I am supposed to do?

• Like 1

14 answers to this question

Honestly, I don't remember what I did to figure it out - I think I read the wiki (which is the usual way to learn about this game): https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arbitrations

But the basics are:

1. They're endless missions, always.
  2. Each player gets a bonus for a particular warframe and weapon, boosting their power / damage by 300%. It's different for every player.
  3. The Arbitration Drones make enemies immune to weapons and powers; you have to kill the drones first. If you do, the enemies connected to them blow up, though, so that's fun. 
  4. If someone dies, killing drones will drop little tokens that you pickup. Collect 5 of them (singly or as a team) and you can go to where the player died and resurrect them (note that each token debuffs you, though! so do it quick). 
  5. Do not die. Seriously, whatever it takes, do your absolute best not to die. 
  6. If it's getting hairy, EXTRACT. If you die you lose pickup reward (you keep any rotation rewards you got so far, but everything else is gone)
  7. Finally, except for one map, you can't revive defense targets if they go down. So pay attention to their health. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

7 minutes ago, OrSpeeder said:

So... how on earth I am supposed to figure out what I am supposed to do?

dunno… I don't remember how I learned it...

Arbitrations are like regular sortie 3 endless missions, except you cannot die. If you do, game over, or wait for someone to collect enough arbi drone's "orange shiny things" to revive you.

Arbitration drones (or arbi drones, if you don't have much time) are like ospreys. The give the enemy immortality. You need to destroy them in order to deal damage. They will explode and deal blast damage to nearby enemies when you do.

Arbi drones also drop vitus essence, which can be used to buy various things in the arbi store (the dude standing on the left when you enter the arbiter's syndicate room.).

Completing the arbitration will reward you a fk ton of endo, ayatan sculptures, vitus essence, or the fabled "Adaptation" mod.

1 hour ago, OrSpeeder said:

how on earth I am supposed to figure out what I am supposed to do?

Same way the rest of the game works, pretty much - ask players, use the Wiki / other guides,
by now you should've noticed and grown accustomed to how the game itself doesn't do enough in that regard 😛

Take tanky frames, preferably those that have downright invincibility or means to heal themselves very fast for most of those missions.
Titania with Life Strike on the Diwata can work for instance. Gara or good frame with a decent mix of DPS/tankyness works, any invisibility frame, Rhino, Nezha, Trinity... most of those are very safe bet. Just try not to use squishy frames that are extra reliant on CC like Vauban or Mag to stay alive. They really don't fare well in arbitration because...

The drones that makes enemies invincible are immune to ALL warframe power. You can't stun them. You can't control them. You can't damage them with any warframe power. All you can do is shoot them. It's one of the reason why so many people use Acceltra in arbitration btw, that gun fire fast minrockets, accurately and do huge AOE, so just spamming it in the drone's general direction is enough to deal with them for some time.

For your first few Arbitration mission, Rhino is one of the safest bet and is a frame you probably already have.

Arbitrations are just endless missions that start at lvl60 and have those annoying AF drones which make everything nearby complete invulnerable. And a different revive system.

Weapons like arca plasmor or ignis wraith are pretty common as they can help to destroy the drones quickly.

To revive fallen squadmates, the living squadmates need to collect 5 'coins' from destroyed drones. Run over your fallen squadmates corpse once you have 5 to revive them.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)iuvenilis said:

To revive fallen squadmates, the living squadmates need to collect 5 'coins' from destroyed drones. Run over your fallen squadmates corpse once you have 5 to revive them.

Just to add to this, it still works if those 5 Resurgence Tokens are spread among the Squad,
the Token carriers just need to, at the same time, get near the fallen ally's Revive Tower.

It is the same xit missions you always do on Warfame with enemies a little higher level than normal, don't remember starting level now, long time I don't do arbitration, think they start at level 60. If you die, you can't auto revive, your teammates need to collect 5 crystals that drop from drones if you destroy them and gather at your RIP place. Drones makes enemies invulnerable, so you have to destroy the drones before the enemies buffed by them.

You also get 3 idiots that play unsecure player Warframes like Inaro, Rhinos, Wukong, Nidus, etc in every phucking mission, even on excavation, so you have to carry them by playing the right Warframe for the misson.

Edited by MPonder