Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not receiving Kavat Genetic Codes after scanning

(PSN)Astralwanderung

A year ago or so, I was farming for Kavat Genetic Codes without problems. And they also spawned in large numbers; I remember rooms with four or more Kavats in them.
Recently (two or three months ago, I think) I got to it again, and had quite a difficult time finding even a single Kavat. So, question #1: was their spawn rate reduced?

But in any case, scanning them gave the usual Kavat Genetic Code (or sometimes two, given the scanner's augment); which brings me to the second and most important issue:
I just played two separate Derelict missions, found a single Kavat in each, and scanned it both times... but I didn't get a single Kavat Genetic Code. Thus, question #2: is this a bug that popped up after recent updates or was it actually changed and scanning a Kavat doesn't guarantee a code?

Kavats spawn in packs of 2-5 depending on the player count.

The best way to farm them is to go in with a full squad, with at least one non lethal CC frame (vaubans bastille is pretty great for this) and unequip your companions or make sure they don't attack.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Astralwanderung said:

Uh... I used to finish missions (and not just once in N missions) with at least one code per scanned Kavat... was I ludicrously lucky?

sadly yes, this is why I religiously preformed every Genetic code alert even tho I had all my Kavats. Back then there where alerts for them that is.