Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can someone else buy Prime Access for me?

SpiritTeA

Adding whining details about my life is pointless so I just ask: “Can I give my account info to other person so that person can buy Prime Access on my account by their payment?” I know giving your account info isn’t legal, but you cannot just give away Prime Access to other person 😕

8 минут назад, Synpai сказал:

Giving your account access is not a good idea.

First it's a security risk;

Second it's in the red area of Warframe's TOS.

You're better off getting that person to give you Steam gift cards and getting it that way.

I can be 101% sure in my friends but yes, TOS is harder part

I’ve seen buying prime access possible only from the official site, I don’t remember if I can use it there?.

6 минут назад, WhiteMarker сказал:

You know the answer to your question, and still asked? Come one...

There is still hope that there can be little “but...” which I don’t know.

13 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

Adding whining details about my life is pointless so I just ask: “Can I give my account info to other person so that person can buy Prime Access on my account by their payment?” I know giving your account info isn’t legal, but you cannot just give away Prime Access to other person 😕

You could have done this without announcing it and DE would have never known.

In short, yeah.  My brother bought me Valkyr Prime accessories for my birthday one year because I didn't log out of warframe.com before passing out.  So he just opened the browser, put his payment info in and hit purchase.  Login info never shared, just my carelessness lead to a random gift lol

Just now, SpiritTeA said:

The ToS are pretty straight forward about that:

The Account you create is personal to you and Digital Extremes does not allow the transfer of user Accounts. You shall not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or make any such offer, and any attempt shall be null and void. Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Digital Extremes) may result in suspension or termination of your Account.

1 minute ago, SpiritTeA said:

I can be 101% sure in my friends but yes, TOS is harder part

I’ve seen buying prime access possible only from the official site, I don’t remember if I can use it there?.

Download the game through steam and you can buy prime access through there 100%

There's no other acceptable way for players to gift a prime access outside of that.

16 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

Lemme put it this way: there is nothing wrong with calling your friend into the room, logging into the Warframe website, then borrowing your friend's credit card

• Like 2

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

Lemme put it this way: there is nothing wrong with calling your friend into the room, logging into the Warframe website, then borrowing your friend's credit card

If the friend is using the credit card, then there is nothing wrong with it.
Technically the friend wouldn't be allowed to share his credit card information either.

1 минуту назад, TARINunit9 сказал:

Not when your friend live in other part of the world 😄

3 минуты назад, Synpai сказал:

Download the game through steam and you can buy prime access through there 100%

There's no other acceptable way for players to gift a prime access outside of that.

Will check it better than, thank you!

3 минуты назад, WhiteMarker сказал:

The ToS are pretty straight forward about that:

It’s saying about trading account, I’m not selling account nor any of my account items for real money. It’s potential money that will go directly to the game. But I better check it on Steam indeed.

3 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

You better read it twice.

Ahh, you're not asking for a handout, you're asking for someone to break the ToS with you. My mistake!

Still better than asking for a freebie, at least.

Edited by Skaleek

27 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

I know giving your account info isn’t legal, but you cannot just give away Prime Access to other person 😕

Or just... like... if it's a person you trust, share your bank info with them so they can send you money with which you can buy it yourself.

The short of it seems to be:

DE, please add a gift option to Prime Access/Prime Vault/Prime Accessories purchase flow for those of us who want to be generous souls to our friends or others. It would likely lead to increased purchase numbers.

There is begging explaining their miserable life situation. Then there's begging coming up with stories for a miserable life situation. We've also seen begging that's just copying stories from others.

And then we have this, begging without even putting in the laziest type of effort.

But i'll still answer your question: DE is gonna buy you a Prime Access. If you get lucky in Devstreams or Prime Times.

1 минуту назад, o0Despair0o сказал:

Or just... like... if it's a person you trust, share your bank info with them so they can send you money with which you can buy it yourself.

Unfortunately it’s very hard between different countries. Especially when one of those countries is near the rear of the civilian world. 

2 минуты назад, Kahrain сказал:

The short of it seems to be:

DE, please add a gift option to Prime Access/Prime Vault/Prime Accessories purchase flow for those of us who want to be generous souls to our friends or others. It would likely lead to increased purchase numbers.

We have gifts for ingame stuff so why can’t we have same thing for prime access?

3 минуты назад, IceColdHawk сказал:

There is begging explaining their miserable life situation. Then there's begging coming up with stories for a miserable life situation. We've also seen begging that's just copying stories from others.

And then we have this, begging without even putting in the laziest type of effort.

But i'll still answer your question: DE is gonna buy you a Prime Access. If you get lucky in Devstreams or Prime Times.

You read it wrong my friend. Even if theme name a bit weird I haven’t write a single word about begging something from you or anyone else in my post.

18 minutes ago, SpiritTeA said:

It’s saying about trading account, I’m not selling account nor any of my account items for real money.

You might want to re-read the ToS. Just the part I quoted is enough. DE doesn't allow any kind of account data transfer. Even giving away your account so that someone else can buy stuff for you will violate that part of the ToS. 

It's really not that difficult...

Wait, why isn't PayPal or screensharing an option?

Aren't there websites that let you screenshare and give the other person control?

I know you can give someone the abikity to remote access your computer, I used to do it as a scheduler.

Edited by MagPrime

Только что, MagPrime сказал:

Wait, why isn't PayPal or screensharing an option?

Aren't there websites that let you screenshots and give the other person control?

Paypal not working in my country properly, trust me or not but it happens 😕 When I using different crap like Western Union to get money I losing 20% of total ammount. So why should I pay 20% to some greedy peeps when I can pay it to developers which I respect? Screensharing very difficult, I doubt that even my good friends will bother themselves with such thing