Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter

(XBOX)Leafrider8

I would offer help, but I can't.

because I've become so numb, I can't feel you there, I've become so tired, so much more aware.

Spoiler

as someone who grew up listening to Linkin Park, Green day and SOAD, this thread fulfills me in ways I didn't expect. glad to know some Tenno have good taste in music!

MR9 test could probably use a revisit by DE though, it's one thing for one or two people to find it tricky, it's another for it to be infamous for it's difficulty.

1. It's a puzzle, not a battle = all the enemies walk their own predetermined route and only that route.
  2. You know you can practise the MR tests? And test & learn your own way of doing them?
  3. What you really, really need is an insta-kill weapon, the rest is down to patience and movement.
  4. Large/huge range enemy radar and patience are very useful.
  5. There is a multitude of videos giving good (and bad) advice, and you can easily test what works for you.
  6. Some warframes makes this easier (as with most MR tests), if you are MR8 you already have all you need to get them.
Edited by Graavarg

My first reaction was, "you completed up to Paracesis a year ago and you're still just MR9?". But then I remembered my progression of catching up to being current, and also you said

11 hours ago, (XB1)Leafrider8 said:

I am stuck on  mr 9 trial(I'm not very stealthy). I constantly get to the last part and then fail.

Enemy Radar, my dear Tenno! Watch them on your minimap and wait for them to turn away to run past them. MR tests are largely a gear check and/or game knowledge check like this.

HINTS:

- first of all: You can TRAIN this test endlessly in any Relay - Simaris room

- equip mod EnemySense/EnemyRadar (you will see all enemies movements and WHERE THEY ARE LOOKING)

- use some small melee weapon - dagger, sword (they should have faster stealth kill animation)

- always move sneaking

- you can sit for a long time behind obstacle and watch enemy walk pattern (immediately when he turns his back, start sneaking towards him..)

- few melee weapons - GLAIVE - can be thrown on enemies from distance (but what I remember it was alerting enemies occasionally)

7 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Lol i doubt a mr 8 has the reps grinded to have a archgun launcher plus the ai would all see you the second shot once.

Its low level player gear options are limited.

I didn't have the archgun launcher till i was mr 17 plus and over s year of play.

You have a point there. Most mr8s may not have access to an arch gun but if they do (I’ve come across a few lower MR’s with one) and are finding the mr9 test difficult (like I did for days, even after watching a ton of YouTube vids which didn’t really help) an arch gun will do the job, as a last resort and out of frustration I ripped my arch gun out, mowed they all down and past.

try it 😁. the smell of cheese will stick to you for the next two mr tests 😂

17 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

It isn't, you need to be banshee to make it silent.

Ha thats what the trick is now ^.^ 

seems like it was changed 2 years ago ( Octavia’s Anthem: Hotfix 20.2.4) . now i feel old ^.^ 

allright i stand corrected ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

I did the mr 9 test (after 4 months of trying) recently on Switch and I feel your pain. It is FAR harder than it used to be. I echo some of the recommendations in this thread.

1. Equip Enemy Radar - seeing the enemies on the minimap is super helpful.
2. Use a cheese strategy. Banshee + Redeemer, Skiajati, Orvius, etc.
3. There is a practice option when accessing the test from relays. Use it to find a pattern and a route.

It's a pain, but doable. I wish they'd fix it back to the original difficulty though.

11 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

you completed up to Paracesis a year ago and you're still just MR9?"

I raged after a bit and played a different game for a while and got back into it when there was double xp and got to mr9 easily. Or at least got enough xp to rank up.

Edited by (XB1)Leafrider8
Reasons

On 2020-02-20 at 3:49 PM, (XB1)Leafrider8 said:

So a year ago, I completed the chimera prologue. I got the paraceisis from the quest. Over the summer I tried to farm it. I got all of the materials and stupid ducats. When I tried to build it I looked down crestfallenly, to see that I needed to Mr 10. I was Mr 8. I basically sat and cried when I found out this. now I am stuck on  mr 9 trial(I'm not very stealthy). I constantly get to the last part and then fail.

I took y'alls advice and used the glaive and enemy sense. It worked and now I'm almost mr10 lol. Any advice for mr10 test?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, (XB1)Leafrider8 said:

I took y'alls advice and used the glaive and enemy sense. It worked and now I'm almost mr10 lol. Any advice for mr10 test?

MR10 test is fairly easy. Just bring your best mid range gun, and pay attention to the platforms under you. If you have TItania, just pop some energy plates and Razor Wing and you'll beat it first try.

9 hours ago, grindbert said:

it's very doubtful this could be called progress. i'd call it pathetic.

Yeah? Well I'd call your post three-hundred mile per hour, finger breakin, no answers makin, battered dirty hands, bee-stung and busted up, empty cup, torrential outpour blues.

Let's make a thread where we tag MagPrime for moody song lyrics and bad puns in every post.