Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Altfire only works once when Aiming

Xyngrr

As title. Happens with every weapon I've tried it with.

RIghtclick to ADS, press alt fire and you get the secondary fire of the weapon. Press alt fire again without releasing ADS, nothing. Seems to be consuming and then blocking the key instead of resetting on keyup.

6 minutes ago, Xyngrr said:

RIghtclick to ADS, press alt fire and you get the secondary fire of the weapon. Press alt fire again without releasing ADS, nothing. Seems to be consuming and then blocking the key instead of resetting on keyup.

Might help to tell us what your secondary fire key is bound to.

I have my secondary fire key bound to "E" and then I have it set through Setpoint to pushing on the side of the scroll wheel the same as pressing "E". I know it seems off topic, but having a better idea of what's going on may shed some light on how to fix it.

Other than that I did have a similar issue a while when trying to throw glaives. I have my melee bound to "MOUSE_B3". There would be times when I tried to throw is, it would charge, but nothing would happen. A while later I was looking through the bindings menu and found that there was an option for that button to register as "BACK" (as in, go back one page). After turning that off I stopped having issues.

In addition to telling us what the button is bound to, explaining the situation when it does happen a bit more may help.

.. i just did. It's not a keyboard conflict, it's an internal control logic conflict.

Press aim, then alt fire, then press altfire again. First altfire works, second and any subsequent do not until you release aim and it resets it's input stack.

...and for your benefit, aim is right mouse as default, altfire is rebound to x. No emulators, scripts, etc.

EDIT

Went back to double check and make sure after I posted this. Straight from the main KB, it works as it's supposed to. The issue is that my gaming mouse buttons seem to be abstracted as controller buttons instead of as a second KB. First time I've had them classed as such, so while annoying to find a new thing Warframe does differently it's good to know. Looks like my mouse is actually a controller emulating a KB contrary to the device registrations.

So, the problem is that it's consuming a controller input and refusing further clicks when aimed, while direct KB keyboard input works as expected even when the bug is present on the controller channel.

Edited by Xyngrr
sometimes further investigation helps