Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are some nuke Warframe in your opinion?

Karnagus

Question

What are those warframes that have really great area of effect abilities that can do a ton of damage. If you want to provide a build that would be really helpful too. I've mostly played tanky warframes (Rhino and Chroma) and I want  to transition to a more AoE focused Warframe just to change things up a bit. Any you can list would be super helpful.

Thanks!

22 answers to this question

Saryn, Equinox, Volt are the main ones being known to nuke rooms but Saryn and Equinox can keep nuking at higher levels until they reach a point where they need more time to keep killing. Garuda can nuke but have a set up time and more LOS restrictions, Ember is the same but not as high of damage, Volt slows down against Armor later on, Nidus and Vauban uses their CC before you destroy the enemies with your  Weapons, Mag scales well with her Nuke but not as big of a Range as Saryn or Equinox.

Edited by GPrime96
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

There is only 2 Frames that has AoE Abilities that ignore Line of Sight

1. Saryn.

2. Equinox.

I suggest you don't take these frames to pubs games except ESO. Some players will hate you.

Umm idk about Equinox. I play her quite a bit. Her maim doesn’t hit enemies clearly in line of sight of her a few times. They’d get hit with the slash proc. But not all of em get hit with the big number. Very annoying. Same goes for Ember & her fire blast. 

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

there's quite a few Warframes that can deal sufficient Damge in a wide area to Kill Enemies most of the time. since you're usually only looking for upwards of a few thousand Damage to actually Kill an Enemy, an equivalent to a handful of bullets from an Assault Rifle.

i think you'll find that.... the list more extensive than you might first expect.

5 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

There is only 2 Frames that has AoE Abilities that ignore Line of Sight

that is not accurate.

Edited by taiiat

Equinox is by far my favorite because unlike Saryn he can turn into a team support frame and he has flexible builds.

To build it for literal nuke (my current build) all you need is max range. Then some efficiency and duration for the 4 which is the only ability you'll use.

Edited by PenderTheTyrant

17 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

Equinox [...] he

Both "halves" of Equinox are female.

18 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

some efficiency and duration for the 4

Just to expand on this, both Duration and Efficiency factor into the per-second drain cost of abilities like Mend & Maim,
to achieve minimum drain, you could go for e.g. 100% Duration and 175% Efficiency, or as low as 40% Duration if your Efficiency is at a full 190%
(yes that works, it's the ultimate cost that's capped at 75% reduction, just like any other ability).

Saryn mesa and equinox. But my favorite from the 3 is Saryn, infect everyone and keep the virus alive until it deals 3k damage and everyone infected in the map will die in 5 seconds. Unlike Saryn or Equinox, Mesa doesn't need any targets to actually nuke, just a good build on her exalted weapon and you got a map cleaner. Although, Mesa does need line of sight.

Edited by (PS4)zenhumphrey

Volt also does pretty good nuke-level and ignores LoS, along with the others mentioned. I focus farm 8L normal SO with him real well, but have also used others.

EDIT:  Lua Madorai lens equipped, I average ~105,000 focus for 8 levels, with PUG.

Edited by Canach

On 2020-02-21 at 11:49 PM, Aazhyd said:

Mirage is the number 1 nuker on Sanctuary Onslaught. I easily get 1000+ kills in less than 4 rounds. Augment Explosive Legerdemain is key.

With high level enemies she struggles, though.

Shhhhh. Only learned of that a week or two ago.Its awesome. Ill take Mirage over my former fav Saryn any day now 😄

I wish Mag would catch a rework.  She needs DR on an ability.  If her abilities could synergize to up her pulse damage or her pulse scaled to enemies she could be awesome.  At low level she is killer.

If nova's 4 had a much bigger range she could be an awesome map nuker.  Because her 4 damage can be pumped up by team mates.  

--------

Ember, Atlas, Nidus, Mesa, Gara can be fun tanks/offense.  Wisp and Octavia definately use a ton of their energy.

You need to start collecting all the warframes.  

Saryn, Mesa, Volt, Gara and Equinox are the top 5 I would say. Ember is up there as well.

Can't believe hardly anyone mentioned Gara.

1. Pop mass vitrify

2. Throw 1 at glass wall

3. Profit.

Screen full of numbers and top kills effortlessly. Easily up there in the pantheon of AoE gods. 

Edited by (PSN)I_graviton_I