Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Camera Mode (Handicapped Person)

Kamishawe

Hello, is there a way to change the camera mode so that it auto moves or has a single - fixed- position relevant to the direction the character is going??

Why do I ask this?

I have a friend that only has one hand.... Literally. I don't know the story of how he lost his right hand, but he can only play using one left hand. He can not operate his character [Keyboard use] and move the camera/shoot [Mouse use] at the same time. He loves the game, but it's impossible for him to advance past Earth into harder game mechanics because of the necessity of the mouse camera angling. Everything else he can change the key binding setting but not the camera setting as far as we can tell.

Microsoft has realized last year a controller made for people with uneven, unequal or missing limbs. Check it out. It's like a white board with multidirectional pads and other tricks on it. That the only controller that I am aware off that may be able to suit your friend's needs.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Not quite what you're asking, but I've seen a bunch of foot-based control methods,
should be possible to use one of those for movement (maybe some other stuff)
while a mouse with a bunch of extra buttons does aiming and everything else.

hmm... he's been working the foot method so far... but it can't get him very far, very fast... he's realized it's not enough for the game play. He would go for a mouse but there's no left-handed gaming mice out there that can handle the demands Warframe has for it's key binding. Maybe a gaming joystick can be rigged? 

1 hour ago, elmetnuter said:

Microsoft has realized last year a controller made for people with uneven, unequal or missing limbs. Check it out. It's like a white board with multidirectional pads and other tricks on it. That the only controller that I am aware off that may be able to suit your friend's needs.

Most of it's Xbox based from what I can find, but it might be possible to find PC compatible stuff... Does Warframe PC have a controller option? It might be easier to rig a set up based on that for the PC.

Edited by Kamishawe