Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Mission Concept- Liberation

(XBOX)ProdigyXSpectre

This is a veeery small piece of an expanded Railjacks concept sheet I'm working on, so look forward to that. I was especially proud of this idea, inspired by scrapped game types like Trials and Solar Rail Conflicts. I've only ever participated in the Trials, but the way I've heard SRCs described reeeally makes me sad I missed it.

Liberation

Liberation will be a multi-phase Railjack mission that will “liberate” the sector from its Overseer.

Phase I: The Railjack attacks the Solar Rail of a Proxima, sending an Away Team to reclaim it in a hybrid Mobile Defense and Sabotage mission, alerting the Proxima’s Overseer.

Phase II: The Overseer’s Galleon/Obelisk/Hyper-Golem arrives in-sector and Away Teams will open up the ship’s weak points to the Railjack in a Spy mission onboard the ship or golem. The Railjack Crew will destroy the three weak points in the order they are opened while fending off waves of enemy fighters and Crewships.

Phase III: As the Overseer’s capital ship crashes to the nearby planet's surface, a Railjack-sized boss ship/entity evacuates from it to challenge the Railjack directly in a 3D-Space Assassination Mission, with unique mechanics for each boss that will require the co-operation of everyone aboard the Railjack to overcome.

On 2020-02-21 at 6:10 AM, (XB1)Shoreg said:

This is a veeery small piece of an expanded Railjacks concept sheet I'm working on, so look forward to that. I was especially proud of this idea, inspired by scrapped game types like Trials and Solar Rail Conflicts. I've only ever participated in the Trials, but the way I've heard SRCs described reeeally makes me sad I missed it.

Liberation

Liberation will be a multi-phase Railjack mission that will “liberate” the sector from its Overseer.

Phase I: The Railjack attacks the Solar Rail of a Proxima, sending an Away Team to reclaim it in a hybrid Mobile Defense and Sabotage mission, alerting the Proxima’s Overseer.

Phase II: The Overseer’s Galleon/Obelisk/Hyper-Golem arrives in-sector and Away Teams will open up the ship’s weak points to the Railjack in a Spy mission onboard the ship or golem. The Railjack Crew will destroy the three weak points in the order they are opened while fending off waves of enemy fighters and Crewships.

Phase III: As the Overseer’s capital ship crashes to the nearby planet's surface, a Railjack-sized boss ship/entity evacuates from it to challenge the Railjack directly in a 3D-Space Assassination Mission, with unique mechanics for each boss that will require the co-operation of everyone aboard the Railjack to overcome.

That's a fantastic idea! but what about when they put in squad link?

How about having the mission change depending on if you have a squad linked to your mission?

Say when the enemy ship crashes & the Railjack Crew are fighting the ship in space, the team on said planet have to mop up enemies that are left in the crashed ship?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (XB1)x BL4ZE 920 xx said:

That's a fantastic idea! but what about when they put in squad link?

How about having the mission change depending on if you have a squad linked to your mission?

Say when the enemy ship crashes & the Railjack Crew are fighting the ship in space, the team on said planet have to mop up enemies that are left in the crashed ship?

I had an idea similar to Liberation and I really have noticed that it could easily replace Liberation as the Assassination mission for its simplicity alone.

Your idea for Liberation has me very intrigued, however. Like a full-on strike on every enemy leader in the Proxima. Perhaps the Away Team will focus on killing the Solar Rail Overseer while the Railjack Crew hits multiple facilities to dismantle them and draw out the Proxima's Admiral; all the while, the ground team takes part in a Trials-like mission to assassinate the Planet's General.

Instead of being Assassination, it could replace Trials and offer a unique pool of rewards.

Edited by (XB1)Shoreg
clarification

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Shoreg said:

I had an idea similar to Liberation and I really have noticed that it could easily replace Liberation as the Assassination mission for its simplicity alone.

Your idea for Liberation has me very intrigued, however. Like a full-on strike on every enemy leader in the Proxima. Perhaps the Away Team will focus on killing the Solar Rail Overseer while the Railjack Crew hits multiple facilities to dismantle them and draw out the Proxima's Admiral; all the while, the ground team takes part in a Trials-like mission to assassinate the Planet's General.

Instead of being Assassination, it could replace Trials and offer a unique pool of rewards.

It's definitely something I'd love to see once Empyrean is able to handle such an update.

• Like 1