Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Armor 2.0 Should Have.

fatpig84

This is purely a hypothesis from what I viewed from the previous stream.

As far as we know in Armor 2.0.

AP mod no longer adds damage but negates X% of armor or ensure X% of weapon damage goes through armor.

Critical hits are needed to trigger elemental status effects for either DOT or whatever fancy magic DE has up their sleeves.

So this is just a quick and dirty list.

Of course purely speculation.

1) A flat 7.5% to 15% critical chance hit buff for all weapons (barring Soma and Synapse).

With AP / AI weapons having a lower value.

2) Rifle AP mod scale to 90%. Heck buff rifle mods in general ! Split chamber needs to go to 120% and Serration to at least 190% - 220%. 

3) Accelerated Blast should be changed to 30% - 60% base damage instead of 60% AP damage (Flechette already gives 90% AP. Turning AB to base damage will give shotguns a total of 180% - 210% base damage while with Blaze and Point Blank)

Point 2 and 3 are quite self explanatory.

But I explain point 1.

For example.

The Braton has 2.5% crit rate.

Same for the Boltor.

Braton needs AP mod to work.

But Boltor doesn't need it.

Braton gains a 15% crit buff.

Giving it a base crit rate of 17.5%

Boltor gains 7.5% crit buff.

Giving it a base crit rate of 10%

With max point strike.

Braton has 43.75% chance to crit.

Boltor has 25% chance to crit.

So on average the Braton will be triggering elemental proc rates more often to make up for it's need to spend another 9 points to gain AP ignore.

Boltor however can work around with less elemental proc damage with other DPS boosters like Speed Trigger or Banes with the 9 points saved without needing AP. But of course it still has it's trade offs like bolt sway and projectile speed etc.

So hopefully it makes more weapons closer side grades of each other, but obviously there are still tier upgrades.

For example, Grakata gaining another 15% crit.

So new Grakata is 30% crit + 200% crit damage

But it still won't unseat Soma with its 37.5% crit + 300% crit damage.

But it uses it's ROF and cheaper cost to compete, but at exchange of range, accuracy and damage. 

Not counting the 2 V slots too...

So I do hope we can see something like this. Hopefully.

Edited by fatpig84

A release date in the near future, really.

Truth to be told, this is the update I don't want them to rush. Hold back the PS4 release if need be for this patch, because this will change (and break) this things rather dramatically.

It would be very lucky if the armor patch did not cause major bugs.

As if any change they made so far doesn't cause major bugs...

But true, I also don't want this update to be rushed - if I'm honest. I just wish that Armor 2.0 would have been included in U10.

Personally I like the idea that was described in another thread that each weapon would gain a "proc's per minute" stat that would translate into a percent chance to trigger on a given shot as it keeps criticals unique.

Idk..  It really all just depends on what they do to enemy armor..  I really don't think it'll be enough to just buff Piercing Hit, but we'll see I guess...

Truth to be told, this is the update I don't want them to rush. Hold back the PS4 release if need be for this patch, because this will change (and break) this things rather dramatically.

I can't imagine a push back on the PS4 release would go over well, but at the same time, this needs to be debugged before PS4 or Warframe will get its butt kicked from launch and I'm not sure if it will be able to recover.

How about we let multishot for rifle be a high level fusion mod, just like serration, and let it go up to 200%? Cause primary should be better than secondary... and pistols have 180% multishot.

And can we stop with that already ?

Pistols get 180% multi-shot because they spent 22 points and 2 MOD slots for it.

Unless split chamber or hell's chamber cost like 30 mod points for 200% multi-shot, it will still be unbalanced because mod slots are still highly limited.

And did it occur to you why the Soma is far more devastating against crowds than any pistol ?

Because anyone with a brain with put Shred on it.

Your effective rifle DPS practically doubles or even triples before even factoring in split chamber.

Heck I will kill for a pistol mod with the Shred ability.

Edited by fatpig84

And can we stop with that already ?

Pistols get 180% multi-shot because they spent 22 points and 2 MOD slots for it.

Unless split chamber or hell's chamber cost like 30 mod points for 200% multi-shot, it will still be unbalanced because mod slots are still highly limited.

And did it occur to you why the Soma is far more devastating against crowds than any pistol ?

Because anyone with a brain with put Shred on it.

Your effective rifle DPS practically doubles or even triples before even factoring in split chamber.

Heck I will kill for a pistol mod with the Shred ability.

1: You forgot that 60% fire rate?? If we let the mod fusion go up for split chamber, and maybe buff it to 20% per level, it will have 19 cost for 200% multishot.

2: You forgot embolist?

Edited by Detheroc

1. I still don't buy the idea, it is too powerful for the mod cost. 

And I am not interested to have 3 triple rocket Ogris in my game especially after the armor re-work.

Imagine 3 rocket with 90% armor ignore or even just 60% armor ignore, this is basically insanity.

Ogris = base 500 splash damage

x200% multi-shot = 3x 500 damage

90% AP = guaranteed 450 damage x 3 that ignores armor or the rockets ignore 90% of target armor.

Until you figure out how to balance that without making everything a HP sponge, I say nope.

It doesn't even matter if you turn it into Sniper ammo, ammo mutation mods fixes that.

2. Embolist is the only pistol that behaves like the Ignis.

Everything else nope.

Edited by fatpig84