Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Javlok

XennethKeisere

Okay, we have only 3 Spearguns in the entire game. I think we're due for a new one, and the Kuva Liches are a perfect opportunity to make it happen with the creation of Kuva Javlok.

Potential stats to change:

-Magazine Size

The original Javlok has a throw option that deals more damage with more in the magazine. Truthfully, a magazine increase would benefit both forms of combat. I'd suggest bumping it to 10.

-Critical Chance

Scourge is a heavily SC-focused while Ferrox (primary fire mode) is heavily CC-focused. The Javlok is a rather solid hybrid with 20% CC and 25% SC. With this in mind, I think bumping CC to 25% is a fair improvement.

-Charge Time

This isn't in reference to charging the throw, but rather the charge time when firing the weapon. To be honest, I feel the charge isn't really a necessary function and could/should be removed entirely. If it stays intact, we could improve it with an option or two: 1. Allow us to hold the charge to ensure we're going to hit our target, and 2. Allow the charge to consume additional bullets for a stronger blast (I'd say max ammo consumed is 2 additional bullets). The latter option would also support why we could enhance the magazine size.

-Reload Speed

If we increase the magazine size, I think it'd only be fair to increase the Reload Speed to 2.0 as a result.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

19 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Wile it would be interesting seeing a Kuva variant of the Javlok, i think we actually need more Melee weapons. I my self am hoping for Kuva Halikar and Kuva Twin Basolk.

Eh, I can't share your enthusiasm. Not that I disagree with more melee weapons, it's just that the only melee I like using is a gunblade. My philosophy is, don't take a knife to a gunfight unless the knife is/has a gun.

22 hours ago, XennethKeisere said:

Eh, I can't share your enthusiasm. Not that I disagree with more melee weapons, it's just that the only melee I like using is a gunblade. My philosophy is, don't take a knife to a gunfight unless the knife is/has a gun.

Well maybe the next batch could satisfy y’all both? Could see a Kuva Javlok. Maybe with some added bonus of pulling far away enemies closer before exploding when thrown. And it definitely be nice with the Amalgam mod for it. The 2 melees like the other guy mentioned definitely sounds like decent weapons to become Kuvafied. Can already imagine the better stats and possible bonuses to them. Especially with the Riven mods I’ve gotten a dozen times for both melees. 

Feel like we need more melee wielding Grineer. Been thinking of a new bulky, physically strong Grineer that wields the Kurudo. He was my original concept of a grineer that breaks you back except he leaves you vulnerable on the ground for a bit, not completely kill you. Tired of the shoot and run tactic. Like to have enemies that I can actually fight against. Be also nice if DE made Melee 4.0 allow legit melee combat between 2 being using melees. Like a timed swing can allow you to parry Stalker’s blade and vice versa. 

But anyways, since DE release more than just one Kuva weapon, I could see all 3 mentioned being released in a future update. 

• Like 1