Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove "Friendship Doors"

Above

I can see a reason for them when they are infront of a rescue room. So you have atleast 2 players and there is literally no chance of failing.

But I cant see a reason for them somewhere in between or if you are alone in the Mission.
So would agree on removing the ones which have no use.

• Like 2

As a fairly new player, I totally agree with this. There's always so much happening on screen that I've missed the prompt on a fair few occasions and I always feel a bit guilty when I finally catch up and realise that someone has probably been waiting for me for a while. I don't really see that they achieve anything other than making the new guy feel bad and testing the patience of the more experienced players

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

They're for precisely that reason, to slow you down if you're getting too far ahead of new/slower players. It's not fun to wander through a level with tons of corpses and drops and never see a living enemy.

And you think a door will fix this? Enemies still gonna die in a second and they won't see anything living anyway.

Edited by --Q--Weeb
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, --Q--Weeb said:

They have no purpose besides slowing down and letting new players catch up for a moment, which then fall way back again anyway.

Thanks.

well u know its like u go into public/co-op mode and u want to move like u play solo?
i hate this doors with burning passion but in the end u go into mission with with ur squad and that is team effort u dont leave ur squad mates behind
but yeah u will encounter ppl in slug mode and that is stupid part 

• Like 3

If a newer player is getting left behind from the start, theyre still going to get left behind again once that next door opens. Like someone said above, I understand why it's necessary before rescuing a target and other similar situations, but getting 2 or 3 throughout a mission suckss when this whole game is supposed to be about how quickly you can move and kill through a mission.

A better fix would be to have at least some kind of system that prioritizes placing players with other players closer to their respective MR. It doesn't have to be exclusive but I feel bad getting paired for an exterminate sortie with a low MR player because what's the point of slowing myself down when the issue is lack of content being catered to different skill levels. Friendship doors don't fix that.

• Like 7

I wish DE would make an official statement on this.

Recently, they fixed a glitch in which you could open those doors using your operator and warframe. If you try to do it now, you experience some degree of loss of functionality. So, all you can do now is spam the interact button or wait until the afk timer kicks in.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

They're for precisely that reason, to slow you down if you're getting too far ahead of new/slower players. It's not fun to wander through a level with tons of corpses and drops and never see a living enemy.

Those doors literally don't stop that from happening. This would be less of a problem if MR 28 players didn't have the same chance to pair with an MR 5 as anyone else. Between content not being locked for players who have no business attemping that mission, and matchmaking doing nothing to sort players by MR, DE really needs to make some kind of change because friendship doors just frustrate both sides because experienced players constantly have to wait at them, and new players feel guilty wasting other players time by not playing fast enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrayArchon said:

Yet another prime example of why new/starchart players shouldn't be in the same matchmaking pool.

By the time a player is geared, knowledgeable and ready to que up with everyone else, they should have been taught all they need to know. Thus making friendship doors pointless.

I don't think it's remotely fair to ask veteran players to intentionally equip weak loadouts or alter their 7 year playstyle to humour some new guys. 

Edited by IIDMOII
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

33 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Sounds like they're functioning perfectly. 

These answers should be all that's needed. 

OP, you are forgetting that new players don't always know where to go next. Even the markers get borked on a regular basis. If they're following reasonably close behind, we are also showing them which way to go. Having us pause along the way to let them catch up isn't a bad thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

These answers should be all that's needed. 

As a response, this answer is all that's needed.

2 hours ago, (PS4)slova77 said:

If a newer player is getting left behind from the start, theyre still going to get left behind again once that next door opens.

2 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

well u know its like u go into public/co-op mode and u want to move like u play solo?

No, I move like I learned and how the game allowes me to move.

• Like 3