Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove "Friendship Doors"

Above

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

Next it'll be "Can we eliminate hacking so we don't have to wait for a few seconds while an alarm is lifted?" 

wait, you hack? I just Cipher everything when I can. ain't got time for no simple puzzles, Grineer need killing, alarms or not!

I think it's clear from this thread that there are pros and cons to the Friendship door, but as a  mostly solo player, I don't really get much of a benefit. I'd rather the doors be removed in solo mode where they cannot perform their intended function anyway, and maybe add in some kind of override for the doors: ti could be a concealed panel a player has to find, or require hacking a console, but with a really hard hack that cannot be Ciphered. this way, it can slow pacing down when needed, but players can still progress if the others are far away or AFK. 

Remove Friendship Doors that are not along any path to any waypoint, target or objective.

Example: On Naeglar, Eris, Friendship Doors can impede finding secret caches even though the friendship door may not lead to any hive tumor!

i remember doing a siphon on Ceres and having to wait 3 mins for someone to come back to a friendship door to open it just to do the siphon encounter cause the door just had to be on some obscure side path the other tenno decided to ignore and rush towards the end of the mission. i loathe siphons on ceres, literally the worst tileset.

Basically, i dont mind FS-doors being near the rescue mission hostage prison...thats fine. But for the love of lotus i wish FS-doors wouldnt spawn randomly in side paths.

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

but that's not what the game is about, that's just how many people choose to play.

Okay, that's fair. Saying that the "whole game" was about killing and moving as fast as possible was a bit of a hyperbole, but I don't think I'm wrong in saying that it's one of the biggest reasons many people play warframe. Most mission types, especially those with FS-doors, are meant to be played quickly and while those doors have reasonable purpose behind them existing, they're literally not accomplishing that purpose.

Having one of these doors in a mission prior to starting a specific objective like boss fights, rescue missions, capture targets, etc., is totally fine. But we don't need 2 and an elevator after completing the objective. Why make warframes fast at all?

What's the point of learning to quickly navigate all these tile sets if we're only allowed to complete them as fast as our slowest teammate?

Edited by (PS4)slova77

3 minutes ago, (PS4)slova77 said:

Okay, that's fair. Saying that the "whole game" was about killing and moving as fast as possible was a bit of a hyperbole, but I don't think I'm wrong in saying that it's one of the biggest reasons many people play warframe. Most mission types, especially those with FS-doors, are meant to be played quickly and while those doors have reasonable purpose behind them existing, they're literally not accomplishing that purpose.

Having one of these doors in a mission prior to starting a specific objective like boss fights, rescue missions, capture targets, etc., is totally fine. But we don't need 2 and an elevator after completing the objective. Why make warframes fast at all?

What's the point of learning to quickly navigate all these tile sets if we're only allowed to complete them as fast as our slowest teammate?

The point would be; make your own team if you want specific performance. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

I mostly run solo, but occasionally I need to run relics and other missions that require teammates, and I'd say it's more toxic to be exclusive and only pick other MR 28s to run with than to ask DE to fix something that annoys more people than it helps.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Their job is literally to make you wait for the other person. Not just at the objective, but also in between. 

You want to wipe the room with the press of a button? Sure. But your teammates deserve the option to at least occasionally be in affinity range when that happens. 

No one farms affinity on those objectives for this very reason and friendship doors do very little to address this problem. Spy missions, however, do a great job of addressing it since the entire team gets a large affinity bonus when each vault is completed.

1 hour ago, (PS4)slova77 said:

Has this ever crossed your mind, that warframe is a co-op ninja gameplay where you play together regardless of experience? Or you may make me think bullet jump is a mistake and should be slowed down/changed/removed

46 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Has this ever crossed your mind, that warframe is a co-op ninja gameplay where you play together regardless of experience? Or you may make me think bullet jump is a mistake and should be slowed down/changed/removed

Don't be ignorant; bullet jumping is accessible to everyone while it's predecessor, coptering, was not. And it's not like we can't go back to the Arcane Vanguard Helmet meta where everyone quick slides like Nezha or runs Volt/Gauss if bullet jumping was removed. Some players will never be able to keep up.

Also, you do not have to play Warframe with others and many of us play solo as to not offend the snowflakes. Their egos are fragile if you try to suggest ways for them to improve.

Take ESO for example. You are welcome to bring any frame you want but the goal is to kill as quickly as possible and if you hinder others from doing this then playing how you want is basically trolling.

Is the goal of a Capture mission to chase the target around the map or to catch them as quickly as you can? And does me completing the objective quickly remove the point of you joining a public game? Because basically you are saying that I need to play at your speed so that you can feel like you helped.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

52 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Your condescending lead, "has this ever crossed your mind", is unnecessary. Just state your point and move on. But to answer your question, I am aware this is a coop game, but once you capture a target or rescue an operative, the point is to literally get to extraction. I play nova and I leave escape velocity wormholes behind me to help them get through the mission faster. Putting a door in my way to the exit is literally just an unnecessary game mechanic I feel should be removed. Idk why you think I'm only playing for myself here.

The feature annoyed me when I was the slower player bc it made me feel bad for making other players wait, and now it annoys me for the opposite reason. 

Good luck finding a following for your no-bullet-jump version of warframe. I'm sorry it bothers you that I try to get through warframe missions quickly lmao

Edited by (PS4)slova77

1 minute ago, MysticDragonMage said:

for solo, sure, but slowing down rampaging lone wolves is the overall purpose. if one other player or more wants to slow down for looting, then it is how it is, and the only way it can be different is if one were to solo instead.

The irony being that the drops are rarely worth stopping for and many speedsters only complete the objective and avoid killing enemies on the way. Also if the player in front nukes the room, it's much easier to vaccuum/fetch everything up as you run through. So if looting is your goal, having a nuker ahead is actually a benefit for you.

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

H squad who can speed through FS doors.

Come on, it's ridiculous. OP is right, this type of thing has been around forever for basically no reason (letting people catch up to you serves no purpose let's be real).

Hope to see it removed someday, along with clan dojo keys! Useless trinkets

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Don't be ignorant; bullet jumping is accessible to everyone while it's predecessor, coptering, was not. And it's not like we can't go back to the Arcane Vanguard Helmet meta where everyone quick slides like Nezha or runs Volt/Gauss if bullet jumping was removed. Some players will never be able to keep up.

Also, you do not have to play Warframe with others and many of us play solo as to not offend the snowflakes. Their egos are fragile if you try to suggest ways for them to improve.

Take ESO for example. You are welcome to bring any frame you want but the goal is to kill as quickly as possible and if you hinder others from doing this then playing how you want is basically trolling.

Is the goal of a Capture mission to chase the target around the map or to catch them as quickly as you can? And does me completing the objective quickly remove the point of you joining a public game? Because basically you are saying that I need to play at your speed so that you can feel like you helped.

Accessible, yes, but considering possibility of new players not knowing about it on low level mission or players that can't keep up, it feels like people on the other side also complain for people not being as fast as they are

People with fragile ego? If they can't accept suggestions to improve, I'll leave them be and let them see by themselves

I think people those who complained also need to understand that not everyone is like them and friendship doors are from the time where bullet jump didn't exist

26 minutes ago, (PS4)slova77 said:

Your condescending lead, "has this ever crossed your mind", is unnecessary. Just state your point and move on. But to answer your question, I am aware this is a coop game, but once you capture a target or rescue an operative, the point is to literally get to extraction. I play nova and I leave escape velocity wormholes behind me to help them get through the mission faster. Putting a door in my way to the exit is literally just an unnecessary game mechanic I feel should be removed. Idk why you think I'm only playing for myself here.

The feature annoyed me when I was the slower player bc it made me feel bad for making other players wait, and now it annoys me for the opposite reason. 

Good luck finding a following for your no-bullet-jump version of warframe. I'm sorry it bothers you that I try to get through warframe missions quickly lmao

My mistake if I sound condescending, but the doors are from an era where bullet jump didn't exist and you have to bear with it until DE rework the place. Unnecessary, maybe but that's what we get to slow down rampaging maniacs. I don't think the complaint would end just there, it may extend to people being too slow and they have to wait at extraction because people can't keep up with them, so they're slowpokes

Like people said, if you want to do missions quickly, either use recruiting chat or solo. In public you can't expect people to be as fast as you are on reaching the doors

3 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Accessible, yes, but considering possibility of new players not knowing about it on low level mission or players that can't keep up, it feels like people on the other side also complain for people not being as fast as they are

People with fragile ego? If they can't accept suggestions to improve, I'll leave them be and let them see by themselves

I think people those who complained also need to understand that not everyone is like them and friendship doors are from the time where bullet jump didn't exist.

Volt and Arcane Vanguard Rhino have been around since the start. Coptering since a little after that. There has always been a movement speed discrepancy between players regardless of friendship doors.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Volt and Arcane Vanguard Rhino have been around since the start. Coptering since a little after that. There has always been a movement speed discrepancy between players regardless of friendship doors.

Maybe that's one of the reason, and considering affinity range, I would like it if my teammates can stay within 50 meters but if not, I'll just keep up with their speed until they hit the door. The discrepancy wasn't that severe though, where you can simply jump high and fly over obstacles today, you can find volt hitting the walls because they didn't turn fast enough when running

10 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Sounds like they're functioning perfectly. 

They are working as intended, but that intention has a negative impact on the gameplay experience. This issue will be vastly exaggerated when we get squad link. Requiring players who are a bit faster than others to stop and wait to continue a mission is bothersome. Like someone pointed out earlier, they are fine for Rescue missions. Other than that, they are just bad and need to go.

11 hours ago, ShortCat said:

As a response, this answer is all that's needed.

No, I move like I learned and how the game allowes me to move.

well no matter whats the case i know where u stand and im ur side trust me
but problem here should be pointed into fact that in some maps we have this doors in some we dont
we should have them either in every mission or in none since that dont make sense

like imagine if ur warframe would move in some mission faster and in some mission slower depending on how far u are from rest of ur squad mates
how does that sound?

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

They are working as intended, but that intention has a negative impact on the gameplay experience. This issue will be vastly exaggerated when we get squad link. Requiring players who are a bit faster than others to stop and wait to continue a mission is bothersome. Like someone pointed out earlier, they are fine for Rescue missions. Other than that, they are just bad and need to go.

Friendship doors will be the last problem on your mind when squad link is launched. 

• Like 1