Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed rush when, DE?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

I don't understand why people are attracted by sprint speed while 99% of warframe speed come from parkour.

You have no reason to suit a sprint speed mod when you can use parkour or bullet jump mods such as Endurence Drift or Lightning Dash, unless you already buff it from an ability (Volt or Gauss) and need something that stack multiplicatively. But even there, you will have overall more control and better movement capabilities by using bullet jump / parkour rather than sprint.
I heard people saying this speed is great for moving in open worlds but for this task, archwings and void dash perform a lot better so I just don't understand.

8 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

I don't understand why people are attracted by sprint speed while 99% of warframe speed come from parkour.

You have no reason to suit a sprint speed mod when you can use parkour or bullet jump mods such as Endurence Drift or Lightning Dash, unless you already buff it from an ability (Volt or Gauss) and need something that stack multiplicatively. But even there, you will have overall more control and better movement capabilities by using bullet jump / parkour rather than sprint.
I heard people saying this speed is great for moving in open worlds but for this task, archwings and void dash perform a lot better so I just don't understand.

I only use fast sprint over bullet jumping when I'm not in a hurry and want to laugh at how comical it appears. Super fast running animation that is leisurely moving down the hallway. It looks so weird.

17 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Melee.

A lot of combos have free movement enabled, so you can freely sprint forward (or in any direction, if "align attacks to camera" is disabled) while attacking. It's not a gamechanger, but it's surprisingly comfortable to be able to chase down enemies while using your strongest combos, instead of having to weave in a gap-closer every time you want to move five feet.

• Like 2

il y a 12 minutes, SortaRandom a dit :

Melee.

A lot of combos have free movement enabled, so you can freely sprint forward (or in any direction, if "align attacks to camera" is disabled) while attacking. It's not a gamechanger, but it's surprisingly comfortable to be able to chase down enemies while using your strongest combos, instead of having to weave in a gap-closer every time you want to move five feet.

Oh, it make more sense.

I use melee a lot and still see more benefit in bullet jump because it's easy to fastly jump > bullet jump > cancel with roll > slide attack while / on landing, and engage combat this way. Not sure how the slide attack work with lower attack speed, since I use a 2.835 attack speed Zaw and the slide animation may be harmful with lower speed, but I feel like it's still overall much more efficient than investing in sprint speed.

As you mentionned, using sprint speed is much more comfortable and easy to use, so it's just a matter of taste. It just, depend on if you seek full efficiency with more intense gameplay or comfort at the cost of lower battle efficiency.

• Like 2

Sprint>slide>roll is faster than lightning dash once you reach a certain sprint speed. Bullet jump will also reset your momentum for whatever reason. Can easily test it while sprinting with Volt's buff and bullet jump.

Edited by -AiLuoLi-
  • Like 1

il y a 30 minutes, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Because going fast is fun. Also sprint speed as affects some of the parkour elements as you have more momentum throwing you into the slides and jumps.

Bullet jump, roll, aim glide and in air slide aren't affected by sprint speed, so it doesn't really help.
I agree going fast is fun, but what I'm saying is sprint speed mods aren't the best way to go faster.

23 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Bullet jump, roll, aim glide and in air slide aren't affected by sprint speed, so it doesn't really help.
I agree going fast is fun, but what I'm saying is sprint speed mods aren't the best way to go faster.

Bullet jump is supposed to be a momentum killer for turning sharp angles, I know for a fact I’ve gotten myself killed by Acceltra by aim gliding too fast with Gauss. Prime rush would also benefit Mach rush.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

Maybe because we find it fun?

Also, it's generally faster and you have more control.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

il y a 8 minutes, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Bullet jump is supposed to be a momentum killer for turning sharp angles, I know for a fact I’ve gotten myself killed by Acceltra by aim gliding too fast with Gauss. Prime rush would also benefit Mach rush.

Bullet jump is supposed to kill momentum, but can keep it by cancel it with a roll before it end.
About Gauss yes, as I said earlier sprint speed only benefit to frames that buff sprint speed through a power, because the sprint then stack multiplicatlively instead of addititevely for parkour / bullet jump. It end up being good only for Gauss and Volt because their buff is good enough for being considered, because for example, Saryn has a speed buff it's so small that bullet jump is still better considering, and some other frames has parkour buffs like Mirage and Titania.

I agree sprint speed is good in some specific cases, but what I'm saying is sprint speed is over popular compared to parkour / bullet jump mods which are better in a large majority of situations.
As said earlier by someone, sprint speed is a lot simpler to control and provide a much more comfortable gameplay if you're here just to chill, but I still hear people saying sprint speed is the best way to go fast, which is clearly wrong.

il y a 3 minutes, (NSW)FlameDivinity a dit :

Maybe because we find it fun?

Also, it's generally faster and you have more control.

Yeah, it's matter of taste, but I really don't understand how it's more fun, since it's basically less interactions with the game, as long as being less efficient, it's just a more afk focused playstyle.

About being faster and more control, I clearly disagree but it may be different on switch, since sticks deadzone is horrible and buttons are not really comfortable to use (have a switch myself and tested). So it may also be a matter of controllers.
Sticks deadzone and sensitivity, or too high sensitivity on mouse make it harder to precisely use parkour, which give you less control over what you're doing, while sprint doesn't need that much aim so you can use its whole potential a lot more easily. This give the illusion sprint is much better, while parkour simply has a higher skill cap and is harder to use.

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

Bullet jump is supposed to kill momentum, but can keep it by cancel it with a roll before it end.
About Gauss yes, as I said earlier sprint speed only benefit to frames that buff sprint speed through a power, because the sprint then stack multiplicatlively instead of addititevely for parkour / bullet jump. It end up being good only for Gauss and Volt because their buff is good enough for being considered, because for example, Saryn has a speed buff it's so small that bullet jump is still better considering, and some other frames has parkour buffs like Mirage and Titania.

I agree sprint speed is good in some specific cases, but what I'm saying is sprint speed is over popular compared to parkour / bullet jump mods which are better in a large majority of situations.
As said earlier by someone, sprint speed is a lot simpler to control and provide a much more comfortable gameplay if you're here just to chill, but I still hear people saying sprint speed is the best way to go fast, which is clearly wrong.

Yeah, it's matter of taste, but I really don't understand how it's more fun, since it's basically less interactions with the game, as long as being less efficient, it's just a more afk focused playstyle.

About being faster and more control, I clearly disagree but it may be different on switch, since sticks deadzone is horrible and buttons are not really comfortable to use (have a switch myself and tested). So it may also be a matter of controllers.
Sticks deadzone and sensitivity, or too high sensitivity on mouse make it harder to precisely use parkour, which give you less control over what you're doing, while sprint doesn't need that much aim so you can use its whole potential a lot more easily. This give the illusion sprint is much better, while parkour simply has a higher skill cap and is harder to use.

Can you just let people have fun and not create these massive walls of text explaining why they shouldn’t?

il y a une heure, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Can you just let people have fun and not create these massive walls of text explaining why they shouldn’t?

I'm just trying to understand. People seems to have fun by simply putting a mod on that have better alternative, so I'm trying to understand why exactly.

The topic is about Primed Rush for more speed, so it's about asking for more speed. Then, why asking for more through a new mod when you can get a stronger more from existing stuff ?
For me it's kinda like swaping your Serration for Piercing Hit and ask for a Primed Piercing Hit because you want more damage.

So yeah, the only explaination I see is sprint speed is a lot easier to use and most of people searching for speed prefer the easy use chill method rather than faster option that require a bit more skill, a bit like some would use Ignis over more aim oriented weapons that has the same (or better) killing potential.

10 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

It's not a matter of controller. The joycons suck and make it hard to play, but the pro controller is, imo, the best controller on the market in all facets. More control is because you severely lack directional control when you're in the air. When you're on the ground, you have full control  it's simple. And about the fun part, many people just find it fun to run fast. Nothing else to it. I see your points and they make sense, but I'm just saying why many people love ground movement. Slidey boi Nezha is extra fun imo.

Il y a 11 heures, (NSW)FlameDivinity a dit :

It's not a matter of controller.

It definitely is.
With your switch controller you can't jump (B)  and melee (Y) while using the right stick and can't comfortably aim (ZL) while crouch/slide/roll (L) and can't even use seprate button for crouch and roll.

Sure you can change the keybinds, but unless you play on claw or use the middle finger for the ZL/ZR buttons, you're stuck with 4 fingers and can only (comfortably) press one of the following buttons at a time :

• left thumb for left stick or D-pad
  • left index for L or ZL
  • right thumb for rigth stick or A/B/X/Y
  • right index for R or ZR
Il y a 11 heures, (NSW)FlameDivinity a dit :

More control is because you severely lack directional control when you're in the air. When you're on the ground, you have full control  it's simple.

This is an illusion because of what I said above. You think in air movement lack of control because your controller prevent you to use all the buttons necessaries to have full control in air.
For full control, you need the movement and camera (so the two sticks) plus  jump, aim, crouch and roll. Roll and crouch are forced to be the same button (it's better to have it separate so you can spam crouch to keep momentum but we will ignore that), crouch and jump need to be usable together to perform bullet jumps, rolls need to be usable while aim glide and jump while aim glide may be useful too.

In this situation, we have only two fingers left because both thumbs are needed for sticks and the 4 remained buttons pressed by inded need to hold three actions (jump, aim and crouch/roll) which all get benefits from being used together, so you will need to sacrifice at least one of these combination so you clearly get a disadvantage from using this specific controller. And we already get issues even if ignoring melee which must be placed carefully to be usable while performing all these actions for best accuracy.

On 2020-02-23 at 9:08 AM, lukinu_u said:

It definitely is.
With your switch controller you can't jump (B)  and melee (Y) while using the right stick and can't comfortably aim (ZL) while crouch/slide/roll (L) and can't even use seprate button for crouch and roll.

Sure you can change the keybinds, but unless you play on claw or use the middle finger for the ZL/ZR buttons, you're stuck with 4 fingers and can only (comfortably) press one of the following buttons at a time :

• left thumb for left stick or D-pad
  • left index for L or ZL
  • right thumb for rigth stick or A/B/X/Y
  • right index for R or ZR

This is an illusion because of what I said above. You think in air movement lack of control because your controller prevent you to use all the buttons necessaries to have full control in air.
For full control, you need the movement and camera (so the two sticks) plus  jump, aim, crouch and roll. Roll and crouch are forced to be the same button (it's better to have it separate so you can spam crouch to keep momentum but we will ignore that), crouch and jump need to be usable together to perform bullet jumps, rolls need to be usable while aim glide and jump while aim glide may be useful too.

In this situation, we have only two fingers left because both thumbs are needed for sticks and the 4 remained buttons pressed by inded need to hold three actions (jump, aim and crouch/roll) which all get benefits from being used together, so you will need to sacrifice at least one of these combination so you clearly get a disadvantage from using this specific controller. And we already get issues even if ignoring melee which must be placed carefully to be usable while performing all these actions for best accuracy.

It isn't a matter of controller, because, again, you're wrong about movement control. It's a simple concept, so say it with me: You have MUCH LESS CONTROL in the AIR than you do on the GROUND. It's that simple. None of the control restrictions you stated affect trajectory. Also, as someone who plays console, I have absolutely no problem moving my thumb half an inch to perform the same exact commands you can with a mouse and keyboard. Controllers are designed specifically for efficient input switching. Keep being wrong, buddy. You're wasting your time, and mine.

il y a 15 minutes, (NSW)FlameDivinity a dit :

It isn't a matter of controller, because, again, you're wrong about movement control. It's a simple concept, so say it with me: You have MUCH LESS CONTROL in the AIR than you do on the GROUND.

As stated earlier, it's simply because the game allow complexe movement in air, but you can't use them regardless of the reason (being the controller or your own skills).
You can roll in air change direction, spam "crouch" to get velocity in a certain direction, use walls to reset bullet jump, etc...

il y a 18 minutes, (NSW)FlameDivinity a dit :

None of the control restrictions you stated affect trajectory. Also, as someone who plays console, I have absolutely no problem moving my thumb half an inch to perform the same exact commands you can with a mouse and keyboard.

That's wrong.
Let's imagine you have to press "B" while moving your camera, it's just not possible. Sure you can move your thumb to "B" and go back to your stick in less than 0.2s, but it's not as efficient as already having your other fingers on the said button while moving your stick, it would make some specific actions completely undoable, like aiming while jumping. It's not a matter of taste, it's just a fact.

il y a 24 minutes, (NSW)FlameDivinity a dit :

Also, as someone who plays console [...]
Controllers are designed specifically for efficient input switching.

I'm also a console player and controllers have numerous advantages : 6 progressives axis (without counting gyro), a comfortable and intuitive holding, more intersting and convenient buttons when it come to holding multiple at time, etc... But here is a thing : On PC, you can use up to 8 fingers + moving your mouse while a controller only let you use 4-6 fingers including the ones for the sticks, so are clearly limited in your actions.

il y a 35 minutes, (NSW)FlameDivinity a dit :

You're wasting your time, and mine.

Here is the only truth you said, we are both wasting our time.